OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to barge in like this. I have been lurking on this thread, and for the first time I feel I have something to add. There actually is something called the Fayetteville shale or formation in Craig county in northeastern Oklahoma.

Thanks, Hannah, and welcome!

Do you know anything about Craig county? I can't pull up the land owners on their court site. Is it like a subdivision?

today is supposed to be the hearing on the probate matters. hope they are held so we can get some updates on which will is accepted by the court.

The juicier item is the second to last, Jack's motion to quash. Attached to that document is the divorce decree and the distribution of assets pursuant to the divorce.

Webrocket, I'm not a lawyer, so I don't understand what it all means. Could you explain in normal words...please.:waitasec:

There is also another hearing tomarrow.

Your Daily Comic Relief, brought to you by the
Eufaula/McIntosh County Sheriff's Department!

Investigation eyes wife, deputy

McIntosh County Sheriff Joe Hogan’s wife, a convicted felon, may have illegally carried a gun. Hogan is under investigation by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at the request of the McIntosh County District Attorney’s Office.

Hogan said most of the questions OSBI agents have asked him have been about his wife and a reserve deputy who moved here from Las Vegas, Manuel “Manny” Day.

Records reflect Jeanie Hogan, formerly known as Jeanie Jackson-Toliver, 40, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas to three felonies in July 2004.
---
Joe Hogan denied his wife had worn a uniform or carried a badge or gun when she accompanied him.

“We have no uniforms as such, some (deputies) have pants with stripes down the side,” he said. “Some wear T-shirts with Sheriff’s Office on them and have for years.”

Linda Parker said she saw the Hogans come out of a T-shirt print shop in downtown Checotah in early January. She said Jeanie Hogan was in uniform and carrying a badge and gun at the time.
---
State and federal laws prohibit a convicted felon from carrying a gun.

and still more at:
http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_056003614.html

Webrocket, I'm not a lawyer, so I don't understand what it all means. Could you explain in normal words...please.:waitasec:

There is also another hearing tomarrow.

The second to last item was a motion to dismiss, not the motion to quash.

In a nutshell, Jack's laywers have argued that purusant to the divorce decree and property settlement agreement, Starlet cannot be a beneficiary of the will of an ex-spouse. (I'm simplifying the arguments) Since she cannot be a beneficiary, Jack's position is that she cannot challenge the 2008 will that Jack wants probated.

The property settlement agreement was extremely detailed and while fascinating to look at, I don't think it adds much to the WS discussion about where Bobby Jr and his family are.

Of greater interest, however, is the issue of the trust that Bobby Sr and Starlet had set up with little Stormy as the residuary beneficiary. I think, and I hope I am not misquoting anything, that Starlet was claiming that little Stormy takes under "her" will pursuant to the trust. I think Jack's argument is that the trust was legally dissolved with the marriage and that there is no trust.

In any event, Jack's laywers are saying that they have the "good" will and that Jack and his brother take 50-50 in the event that little Stormy died before Bobby Sr.

I hope this clarifies and I hope I did not misstate a fact here. These do get convoluted.

Sorry guys, no new info really at this time. I have had a NASTY cold and my brain is not functioning at the moment. I will try to pull my head out of my butt and see if I can dig up any more information.

Your Daily Comic Relief, brought to you by the
Eufaula/McIntosh County Sheriff's Department!
(Part III)

BREAKING NEWS: McIntosh County sheriff resigns
Published March 01, 2010 12:21 pm

McIntosh County Sheriff Joe Hogan resigned effective today, said McIntosh County Assistant District Attorney Greg Stidham.
---
State law allows for Undersheriff Mike Daniels to take charge until a new sheriff is elected, Stidham said. The filing period begins in June.

Hogan could not be reached for comment.

Hogan had been the subject of an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation probe at the request of the DA’s office.

“The purpose of that investigation was to determine if the sheriff had taken any action that could result in his ouster,” Stidham said.

Because he has resigned, that investigation most likely will end, Stidham said.

“No deals of any kind were made for Hogan’s resignation,” Stidham said.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_060132137.html

Does anyone have any ideas? I am running out of things to look into.

I think you guys have pretty well established the "cui bono?" part.

"Cui bono?" = "for whose benefit?" And we know now who would have benefited from a certain will.

Yes, we have! Thank you.

Now the only question is....would the person(s) who's benefiting, harm the Jamison family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member