OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far away could a search dog pick up a scent of a dead person in the heat of the summer?

How far away could a search dog pick up a scent of a dead person in the heat of the summer?

No easy answer for that watcher. Depends on the stage of decomposition, and of course the temperatures. Cooler and moist conditions are more conducive to success, and it's actually more difficult for the dog in the heat of summer. The warmer it is, the dog will be panting, and can't sniff at the same time.

Here's a good primer from the Journal of Forensic Sciences:

http://www.searchdogs.org/articles/Canine HR.pdf

You are a great person, mtrooper, to be working so hard for the Jamisons.

I'm semi back. Had to take a break from WS for awhile, and I didn't have anything to add to the discussion until today.

mtrooper, I know you've been to the exact spot where the Jamisons disappeared. In looking at the photo of their truck yet again, there are at least two unusual berms on the side of the road immediately on the passenger side of the vehicle. What the heck are those, and did you see any others like them on the way up the mountain?

Attachments

• 11349062_BG3.jpg
    11349062_BG3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 87
There was a lot of rain earlier in the spring and thru the fall and those were washouts. They were not as pronounced as when I was there. I will see is I have any better pictures.

There was a lot of rain earlier in the spring and thru the fall and those were washouts. They were not as pronounced as when I was there. I will see is I have any better pictures.

We have some very steep, what we call mountains in Texas, though they fall way short of the Rockies, and I have never seen a washout create berms like those in the photo. To me that is just totally weird. Are you sure one or two Jamisons aren't in those berms? Kinda kidding, but the thought did cross my mind. Those berms look like they're shoddily molded with local materials and concrete as part of their make up.

We have some very steep, what we call mountains in Texas, though they fall way short of the Rockies, and I have never seen a washout create berms like those in the photo. To me that is just totally weird. Are you sure one or two Jamisons aren't in those berms? Kinda kidding, but the thought did cross my mind. Those berms look like they're shoddily molded with local materials and concrete as part of their make up.

Jt, that sure is thinking outside the box! But it sure looks possible after looking at the picture again!!

Jt, that sure is thinking outside the box! But it sure looks possible after looking at the picture again!!

Little,
That vote of confidence sures goes a long way into having me at least think I'm not totally nuts. LOL. Those berms sure look manmade to me.

Erosion does not create berms. Those berms have to be manmade. They strike me as really odd given the fact that behind them is more vegetation than the steeper sections of the slope that appear behind the Jamison's vehicle, and which are almost completely devoid of vegetation that would help control the erosion going on. Had these been county constructed they would've been placed in the areas with the greatest erosion.

I don't believe these were made by a road grader either otherwise they wouldn't be so rounded in form. They have a solid look about them as well. There aren't little sections of them that rain has eroded. That strikes me as all the more odd.

I have to say here that I have NO idea when it comes to berms. Definitly not my knowledge base. I fell that the picture is not all that great, it is deceptive. I am having a couple issues....1- I cant seem to find my camera. 2- we have a local girl missing and I have been searching with her for the last week or so. Sorry. I will keep looking tonight.

I'm semi back. Had to take a break from WS for awhile, and I didn't have anything to add to the discussion until today.

mtrooper, I know you've been to the exact spot where the Jamisons disappeared. In looking at the photo of their truck yet again, there are at least two unusual berms on the side of the road immediately on the passenger side of the vehicle. What the heck are those, and did you see any others like them on the way up the mountain?

I just looked at the pic of the 'berms.'

Could these be from grading out the road?

But, if we are thinking something like, possible burial site, then
I would have thought dogs would have discovered that
as soon as the search began.

Or then again, maybe I am mistaken in what the discussion is.
???

Picture from top of bluff looking down to old well site. Drive way coming up is off to the very far right.

fuji146.jpg

Erosion does not create berms. Those berms have to be manmade. They strike me as really odd given the fact that behind them is more vegetation than the steeper sections of the slope that appear behind the Jamison's vehicle, and which are almost completely devoid of vegetation that would help control the erosion going on. Had these been county constructed they would've been placed in the areas with the greatest erosion.

I don't believe these were made by a road grader either otherwise they wouldn't be so rounded in form. They have a solid look about them as well. There aren't little sections of them that rain has eroded. That strikes me as all the more odd.

It could be just the way the picture was taken. But it does seem out of place. If you look behind the truck, the erosion lines run vertical. But, the berm beside the truck is running horizontal.

It's almost as if it's a rug or canvas rolled up....with something in it!

I don't know! Maybe we're just a little looney after being on this case for so long. Looney or not, I'm continuing on with the search for the Jamisons......

Abandoned truck that was on property...It was not all smashed up back in October, some big trucks ran it over a couple days prior to me getting there. The spray paint is from Sherilyn.

fuji142.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member