OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
since mtrooper has been kind enough to share with us the fact that bobby and sherilyn got along like cats and dogs, that negates the theory i proposed to lcso so i can now tell you what that theory was.

My theory was that the jamisons may have escaped the us, running from some imagined or real threat, with the help of church people, and went down to san salvador, el salvador where the 7th. Day adventists maintain a largemissionary effort, and have for years. Naturally in that scenario, they would turn up alive and well. I know that's the outcome we'd all like to see, but probably no longer practical given the amt. Of time they've been missing.

Back to the drawing board....

mtrooper does not know bobby and sherilyn. What she knows of them she got from people here and there, including me. And then she formed her own opinion. Yes, thier relationship was rocky at times but i was just up on that mountain and at thier house this weekend with mtrooper. The day they were last seen sherilyn covered a vandalized truck with words of love. The truck, according to some of the local hill residents had been up there for a long time with satanic words all over it. Sherilyn covered it up and wrote, "peace" "jesus christ will save u" "love lives" "god rules".....etc. I have pics i will be posting to thier face book page later. All of that plus things i heard from one of the people that talked to them tells me that they were trying to start over. They were loving that day. It was a good day for them. I will add more later. I think now, that i am on to something. I think i know what happened. I will post it later.

there are co-dependent types who fight like cats and dogs and stay together for years, trying to kill each other one day, and spending the next day begging the love of their life for forgivness.

I believe it was nshenold who told us that the pics le released of bobby and sherilyn were their passport photos. Would that mean their actual passports that were issued to them, or are there other copies kept in government files? If copies are not retained by the government, then le had them which means their passports did not disappear with them.

thier passports are still in thier safe at home. Those were thier oklahoma dl pics.

mtrooper does not know bobby and sherilyn. What she knows of them she got from people here and there, including me. And then she formed her own opinion. Yes, thier relationship was rocky at times but i was just up on that mountain and at thier house this weekend with mtrooper. The day they were last seen sherilyn covered a vandalized truck with words of love. The truck, according to some of the local hill residents had been up there for a long time with satanic words all over it. Sherilyn covered it up and wrote, "peace" "jesus christ will save u" "love lives" "god rules".....etc. I have pics i will be posting to thier face book page later. All of that plus things i heard from one of the people that talked to them tells me that they were trying to start over. They were loving that day. It was a good day for them. I will add more later. I think now, that i am on to something. I think i know what happened. I will post it later.

I hope it's something good, Niki!

thier passports are still in thier safe at home. Those were thier oklahoma dl pics.

I'm sorry Nikki ... yes, you had told me that and I had forgotten.

I take from your comment that LE has accessed the contents of the safe. Do you happen to know if it contained anything else of interest, or if anything was missing?

I checked, and anyone can report their passport stolen or lost, whether it's true or not, and get a new one pronto.
http://www.passportsandvisas.com/passport/lost.asp
This is one of many, many websites listed.

A person on the run and planning to leave the US could cover their tracks by leaving their old passports behind where they could easily be found. I took this all into consideration when I came up with my theory. That's why I thought it was a valid one, and should be turned into LCSO.

Ok. I am back. Well kinda still at the airport waiting for my plane. Anyways. I truely feel that they were abducted. I truely feel that my statement earlier about it being a love hate relationship was accurate. I do believe that they loved each each other but I think that they had a very complicated life. I do not know Bobby and Sherilyn but after doing as much research as I have done, as well as talking to bobbys friends as well as sherilyns friends as well as parents, LE and reading a MULTITUDE of her journals I feel as though I have known them for years. I have sorted through phone records, creditcard bills, bank statements, as well as emails. I am EXHAUSTED. I truley believe that Niki is/ was one of Sherilyns best friends. I hope that for the sake of all of thoes who cared for the Jamisons that weare able to help locate this family one way or another.

I agree with you mtrooper, but the other idea I had I felt was worth a shot. It's the leaving the dog behind and the money that makes me think they were abducted.

Now we know the picture of their truck wasn't taken until 7 or 8 days after they disappeared, and yet tracks in the road were visible, some so close to their tires, it's a given those particular tracks were made shortly before the Jamisons truck came to a stop there. Was there ever any indication of another vehicle coming up there and turning around anywhere near where their truck was found?
To me, that would be key to an abduction.

I agree with you mtrooper, but the other idea I had I felt was worth a shot. It's the leaving the dog behind and the money that makes me think they were abducted.

Now we know the picture of their truck wasn't taken until 7 or 8 days after they disappeared, and yet tracks in the road were visible, some so close to their tires, it's a given those particular tracks were made shortly before the Jamisons truck came to a stop there. Was there ever any indication of another vehicle coming up there and turning around anywhere near where their truck was found?
To me, that would be key to an abduction.

I agree on the abduction aspect to this case. Good point about those "visible" tracks justthinkin. Obviously other vehicles travel that dirt road. I wonder how, and how often, the neighbour gets in and out of his own property.

I agree on the abduction aspect to this case. Good point about those "visible" tracks justthinkin. Obviously other vehicles travel that dirt road. I wonder how, and how often, the neighbour gets in and out of his own property.

That I wouldn't know, but what I do know, at least where the Jamisons' truck was left is there was no vegetation growing in that road. To me that says that road gets some steady traffic. It also looks like some kind of rock/ gravel has been shoveled on the roadbed in recent times probably to keep it passable during rainy weather to some extent. I presume that would be the work of a county maintenance crew.
The gravel/rock doesn't appear all that packed down which is why I thought it'd been done recently, meaning prior to when the truck was found. Of course that spot could just be a fluke and look more traveled than other parts of the road, but seeing as all we've got to go on is the one picture, we're limited
as to over all road assessment.

I guess maybe those that perform road maintenance up there could also be POIs. Maybe further down on the list, but still on the list. Any wood choppers working in that area last fall? Another possibility, although I think we all know who likely abducted them or had them abducted.

On Topic, Sort of, Dept.

What's happening with the Latimer County Sheriff's Department?
Latimer County Special Deputy Arrested
May 12, 2010 2:06 PM CDT
OKLAHOMA CITY -- A Latimer County special deputy has been arrested.

Latimer County Special Deputy Levi Beauchamp, 30, was arrested early Tuesday morning at an Oklahoma City apartment complex on charges of assaulting a 23-year-old woman identified as Beauchamp's girlfriend.
---
The report adds Beauchamp is the brother of the current Sheriff of Latimer County.

more at
http://www.kwtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12469897

Historical Context: What's happened in the past with that same department?
Ex-Oklahoma sheriff's appeal denied
May 19, 2010
---
The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday affirmed a federal court decision rejecting motions filed in October by ex-Latimer County Sheriff Melvin Holly.

Holly was convicted in 2005 on 14 federal counts related the sexual abuse of inmates and employees at the jail, but the appeals court reversed four of the convictions because of a jury-instruction error.
---
more at
http://newsok.com/ex-oklahoma-sheriffs-appeal-denied/article/3462419?custom_click=headlines_widget

So Levi is Isreals brother and he was exonerated on all charges. Apparently it was a bogus charge.

I am not sure how to describe the road....It is a narrow road that leads up to an old oil well site that has been reclaimed. The road is too narrow for a vehicle to pass where the truck was parked. The county does not do any sort of road work because it is a private piece of property. There were some other tracks found in the area below where the truck was found. I will do my best to describe the layout. If you were to take a road going north and south, then at the end of the road (top of the site) there would be a large cleared level area where the well was, now if you went about 65 feet south of that area there is a smaller flat cleared area (that is where the tire tracks were). O===o==== Very vague idea. I will try to get some pictures up here. Where the truck was found was between the two flat areas. It looks as though they went up to the site, parked, played around, spray painted the abandonded vehicle, took the picture then went back to the truck, plugged in the cell phone, and were leaving when they stopped and got out of the vehicle. Clear as mud?

Oh and some other tidbits... This piece of property is part of a subdivison owned my Nickel/Jones. The subdivision can be entered from two different ways. One is in panola and the other from Red Oak. I have to say the Red Oak way had one place visible from the road at the time the Jamisons went missing, and the other has MANY places visible. I also know that they bought fuel in Porum OK both days that they went to see the property. They also got lost and ended up north of the property as well. And last but not least, the people on the mountain were so kind. THey have been looking ever since October. I have never been more comfortable than I was around them. FWIW.

I see nothing published online to say LB was exonerated. He was arrested and, apparently, his girlfriend, for whatever reason, chose to make a statement contrary to that of a witness and of evidence on her own body - a pattern of behavior all too familiar with LE when dealing with a domestic incident. It's not a matter, really, of his being Israel's brother; it's more of a matter that an employee of the sheriff's department was charged - in terms of the historical context of local law enforcement in the state of OK and the fact that the entire incident casts Latimer Co. LE in a negative light. Again.

But be that as it may - did anyone on the private road on which the Jamison vehicle was found get mail delivery?

Everyone on the mountain has a PO box.

I can't help but wonder why the rural mail carrier did not report the Jamison vehicle, seeing that it was one unfamiliar to the area and that it had (evidently) sat there for some time. Are we sure that the truck had in fact been there for all (or even most) of the time period the Jamisons were found to have been missing, before its "discovery"? I'm thinking that possibly it was moved there - either by the Jamisons or by others - during the time period for which the family is unaccounted. I find it hard to believe someone - especially a rural mail carrier (my dad was one) who makes that trip six days a week - would overlook. (I also wonder if the dog could have survived without food or water for those many days we assume the truck was there.)

Also, last word (promise!) on the Latimer County special deputy arrest: understand, by mentioning it, that I'm not criticizing Israel Beauchamp (great name) for his handling of the Jamison affair; however, I do call into question his judgement in having hired his brother, as the Sheriff himself would be the party to whom the special deputy would ultimately be responsible. As such, that might be viewed as nepotism. It would seem a judgement that could call into question the legitimacy of the office's performance in other matters as well. It's a pattern familiar to those of us who have lived in Oklahoma.

(Also, I'm re-thinking Latimer County's decision to release what information it did to the Sunday Oklahoman, which resulted in an article which read largely as an exposé of the Jamisons and, in essence, seemed to blame them - because of their past behaviors - for the failure to solve their own disappearance - although I still do think that drugs were a large factor in the family's disappearance, as the article suggested. It's just odd that the information was put out there in public, published form. Final word: I think Sheriff Beauchamp has done his utter best to get to the bottom of this curious case; even with the misgivings stated above, I salute him.)

How are UPS deliveries handled up there? It seems like just about everyone is ordering something nowdays.

I think they probably have to go into town to get their package. I will ask. I know the truck was up there for the entire week. A hunter had seen the truck a couple times whe. He was out putting out bait. He said that he thought that they were bow hunters that were camping out on location. It had also rained earlier in the week and the bed of the truck was full if water. I also know that there was a soft sided cooler in the truck that the dog had been drinking the melted ice from. There was also multiple bags of chips and such, I am not sure if they were empty when the jamisons left, but there was a lot of stuff in there that the dog very well could have of ate.

Oh, and I checked the house very carefully, and I found no signs of drugs. I looked behind pictures, in toilet tanks, in and behind and under dresser drawers, in light fixtures, in couch cushions, just about every where I could think. I don't think drugs were involved.

I'm wondering if there is any history of outdoor marihuana grows in the area?
Some of the more serious growers, those that I'd classify as organized crime types, frequently deploy deadly booby-traps, and would not hesitate to shoot anyone who strays into the wrong area. This would have been harvest time, as the growers would want to clear out before the black powder season brought hunters to the area. The truck could have been driven down the mountain a bit to lead possible searchers away from the actual crime scene.

Note that I don't rank this possiblity as highly as that of greedy relatives. MOO

Also, to mtrooper - thanks for all the work you've done in the search for this family.

Just to clairify the truck was found on the 40 acres. I really wish I had some better way to describe this property. Just to get to the subdivision you have to drive about 8 miles up a switchback and then go through a open gate. That gets you onto the subdivision. Then you drive another 4 miles or so (guessing here) to get to the piece of property where the truck was found. Yes there are people who grow weed and there are also a few old meth labs up on the mountain, but not within the pine mountain ranch subdivision. If the truck had never been moved, and it was sitting in the original position on top where the oil rig was than I might could have gone for the whole ran into somthing/someone who was trying to hide somthing or a trap. But they got in their truck, plugged in the cell phone, pulled the truck forward far enough to be heading down the incline towards the second flat spot, stopped on an incline, and then dissapeared. I really feel it was the Jamisons that moved the truck due to the cell phones being plugged in. Its like they were ambushed once they started coming down the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay