OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in again quickly, folks. Happy New Year and all of that jazz; we are alive and well and still working on SAR efforts for the Jamisons. Been extremely busy on this end- just wanted to update ya'll and let you know the Jamison's are still full on our radar. mtrooper- I can work on the Namus situation if you want.

May 2011 be the year of finding all lost people, and all lost souls.

Peace,
Oriah

If we have the wells name,number,and the exact name of the production company there should be precise dates and info on when the wells were completed originally,started production,and when they were officially plugged if they have been abandoned with the corporation commission.The OERB would be the Oklahoma group that does cleanup and restoration of old abandoned locations in OK.

I don't know much about wells except for water ones.
Are these gas or oil wells?
Do they plug them when the volume goes down or when it's completely dried up?
Once it's plugged, can it be unplugged?
Do they dig, drill or pound a pipe into the ground to access it?

Long, interesting, and completely off-topic story except that it involves OK, LE, and substantial amounts of money seized from a vehicle:
Man claims Oklahoma Highway Patrol seized money, but it was not drug-related

The stepfather of a drug offender says the Oklahoma Department of Public safety is improperly holding $14,000 in cash taken from his stepson as drug money when it was actually for rare coins.

Long, interesting, and completely off-topic story except that it involves OK, LE, and substantial amounts of money seized from a vehicle:
Man claims Oklahoma Highway Patrol seized money, but it was not drug-related

The stepfather of a drug offender says the Oklahoma Department of Public safety is improperly holding $14,000 in cash taken from his stepson as drug money when it was actually for rare coins.

Poor kid. I hope he gets his money back.

Now I wonder if LE found any duffle bags, trash bags or fabric softener sheets in the Jamisons truck? Probably not trash bags or fabric softener sheets, but what about duffle bags?

If we have the wells name,number,and the exact name of the production company there should be precise dates and info on when the wells were completed originally,started production,and when they were officially plugged if they have been abandoned with the corporation commission.The OERB would be the Oklahoma group that does cleanup and restoration of old abandoned locations in OK.

C-Bar, I'm in the process of doing just that. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Jankowsky wells. The well below it is a Gibson well, which is inactive.

I think Jankowski refers to the name of the well is that accurate?

I think Jankowski refers to the name of the well is that accurate?

As far as I know, mtrooper. If I researched it right, it belongs to the Simon Jankowsky Trust. I'm still researching it. I know the Jankowsky's have a number of wells in Latimer county.

All this is public knowledge. You just have to dig for the information. It's not easy!

I don't know much about wells except for water ones.
Are these gas or oil wells?
Do they plug them when the volume goes down or when it's completely dried up?
Once it's plugged, can it be unplugged?
Do they dig, drill or pound a pipe into the ground to access it?

Watcher, these are gas wells.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your other questions.

If a gas well became unplugged, it could leak gas; conceivably, the Jamisons could have happened upon one, became unconscious and died, and their bodies could have then been removed later by the well owner, uneager to face the inevitable lawsuits.

If a gas well became unplugged, it could leak gas; conceivably, the Jamisons could have happened upon one, became unconscious and died, and their bodies could have then been removed later by the well owner, uneager to face the inevitable lawsuits.

That's very true, wfg. I just read an article yesterday about cattle grazing next to a gas well. They died!

Your post opens up a good possibility. I like that idea.
Didn't a search or cadaver dog hit by the well?
Cadaver dogs only hit on decomp.
Is this well plugged? Is there any way to tell if a well had been patched or replugged if there had been a leak? Any records?
If the well was not being used, but hadn't yet been plugged, is there a way they could have opened the well top to look in?

I think I've created the gone-viral theory/meme of the thread! (Except I actually read it on Topix long ago and forgot it till now.)

Was the well that was hit on by the dogs on the property they were looking at or was it at another site?

Was the well that was hit on by the dogs on the property they were looking at or was it at another site?

I had thought the show said it was a water tower that the dogs hit on. And that it was drained. The show and threads here of course.

I just recently saw the show Disappeared featuring this family. Several things were not covered in the show that I was curious about.

1. I would have liked to see more footage of the family going back and forth to their vehicle on the day they were leaving due to questions the video raised. The small amount the show exposed left more questions than answers.
a. Were they carrying items each time to and from the truck? How much stuff does one family need to go on a day trip to see some land?
b. Could they have been waiting on a call or for someone to show up, perhaps to follow them? AFter waiting awhile, they may have went on, perhaps meeting that person somewhere else down the road?

2. No or little mention was made of the person that supposedly had the land for sale. Was it really for sale? Was it just a bogus offer to sell to lure them there, or perhaps to swindle them out of money? How much was the land advertised to sell for? Who actually owned the land? Do we even know what piece of land it was? Did law enforcement check local papers for ads that had land for sale in the area around this time...or even since? Could be a land scheme.

If I had to guess, I would say that the family was either meeting someone there to show them the land, or met someone on the way. Even if it was more than just the guy that gave them directions.

Clearly the motive was not robbery and someone left in a hurry, or they would have rummaged through the truck and taken the cell phone, purse, and found the money hidden under the seat. The only 2 motives I can think of is 1: if it was a meth user, they tend to be paranoid, but would also be greedy for anything they could sell. They may have thought the person in the truck was law enforcement and saw something they should not have. Meth addicts have killed for far less reasons.

2. The saddest possibility is that the target was the little girl. My guess would be the parents were killed and the child was taken and may still be alive. If indeed many people hide out in the hills, it would only take one lonely sexual offender to get fixated on the little girl and take her to be his.

It seems likely to me that the person is obviously from the area. Close enough that they ran into the family or somehow noticed them in the area. It probably was not just some random person, but someone that lives directly near where they were found.

I could totally see the possibility that the parents saved this money (legally or illegally) and had hoped to make a deal with the person for the land, perhaps a down payment, or simply offer them a cash deal in order to get the land cheaper. The person that "took" them was unaware of this, or they would have grabbed the cash. No one is going to risk taking/killing a family and not take money, unless the motive was more evil.

Could it be that the couple was wigging out on not having meth and in their delusional state thought they could go to the mountain and buy a large quantity? If it was a drug deal gone bad, the person there to meet they would certainly have taken anything of value from the truck, especially if they thought the couple would have money to pay for drugs.

I hope Im wrong, but I would not be surprised if the parents are deceased and buried on the mountain and the child is still alive and will turn up some day, perhaps unaware of who she really is. Age progression and a massive home to home search may be the answer. If they really are "hill people" they are probably living without modern conveniences, such as water and electricity.

I disagree about the little girls picture on the cell phone being taken by someone else....at least the parents were there. It is reminiscent of pictures taken of children with missing front teeth and the picture taker asking the child to show her front teeth. She looked totally casual and unafraid in that picture to me.

God bless the family and those that loved these people.

mtrooper & Oriah,

I hope if you have the time, you will take the SAR dogs to that abandoned resort, and see if they turn up anything there. If someone from the area murdered this family, then they would know of that abandoned resort most likely. I can't remember what kind of a resort it was or was supposed to be. Was it ever operational?

Is someone following up on those cell phone calls? That seems very important, at least to my way of thinking. As I said, I would do it, but will need the brand of cell phone, and their service carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro