OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the OKLA weather!Just turned on the AC.Temp pushing 80 and the tree pollen is out the top of the graph here in SC OK.We are blessed with more red cedar than you can ride a horse through.How is everyone else fairing weather wise?Oh I almost forgot that the fire danger is already nearing EXTREME again.My son-in-law is on the vol fire crew and they were on a fire yesterday.Except for the blizzard we are in a pretty severe drought here.

Have you seen the rocks in the truck?

Perhaps the OSBI had to relocate them in order to transport the truck to the location where the SW was executed because they were very....heavy?

Oh the OKLA weather!Just turned on the AC.Temp pushing 80 and the tree pollen is out the top of the graph here in SC OK.We are blessed with more red cedar than you can ride a horse through.How is everyone else fairing weather wise?Oh I almost forgot that the fire danger is already nearing EXTREME again.My son-in-law is on the vol fire crew and they were on a fire yesterday.Except for the blizzard we are in a pretty severe drought here.

Fantastic!
Sounds like perhaps we can follow the same melt/mud patterns from when the Jamisons went missing....only in reverse seasons. ;)

Soul, you know- I've been wondering also about those rocks... and the variety of other items in the back of the truck.
I don't know about you, but if I drive at certain speeds in a truck with loose trash in the back of the bed of a pickup...things fly out. Like lightweight Waffle House cups and the like. Bedliners and a lot of weight will slow your rear wheel down, and keep some items down. But otherwise.... I think if there's highway traveled with lightweight items in the bed of a pickup...then they frequently fly out, kwim?

Soul, you know- I've been wondering also about those rocks... and the variety of other items in the back of the truck.
I don't know about you, but if I drive at certain speeds in a truck with loose trash in the back of the bed of a pickup...things fly out. Like lightweight Waffle House cups and the like. Bedliners and a lot of weight will slow your rear wheel down, and keep some items down. But otherwise.... I think if there's highway traveled with lightweight items in the bed of a pickup...then they frequently fly out, kwim?

I have always assumed the rocks were put in the back of the pick up to weigh down the rear end for traction up the mountain. The truck looked higher than normal off the ground. JMO.

But "who" put them in there is another question. Or maybe it was done with his Bobcat?

I have always assumed the rocks were put in the back of the pick up to weigh down the rear end for traction up the mountain. The truck looked higher than normal off the ground. JMO.

But "who" put them in there is another question. Or maybe it was done with his Bobcat?

Interesting. Some people think Sherilynn was going to paint them, or they were collecting them for other personal reasons.

I have not found random (albeit heavy) rocks that are not evenly disbursed in the bed of a pickup to be good for traction. Or to NOT be redistributed once one powers up a hill. But better than nothing I guess. :waitasec:

One could assume (along with everything else in this case, lol...) that it would be very difficult for a man with serious back issues- enough that required disability and pain medication- to place rocks of the size mentioned in the back of their pickup without assistance.

Oriah I think you told us that your search was planned for April.I hope it is early April for a couple of reasons.In Okla spring can come on pretty fast and the underbrush/briar's and flora and fauna greens up as it buds.If you wait until the Red-buds and Dogwoods bloom the visibility/how far you can see diminishes dramatically.My local Sheriff spoke of Rattlesnakes in those hills being a concern for ground searching.They come out of those dens/rocks to lay in the sunshine.Bring your snake boots!!I'm just suggesting that maybe you could stay in contact with someone there close to stay on top of how fast Spring is coming on.I can help some from here but those mountains over there could be quite different.Ramblin here but thinking toward some positive action.KWIM I'm sure.Old Eagle Scout here -BE PREPARED!!

Oriah I think you told us that your search was planned for April.I hope it is early April for a couple of reasons.In Okla spring can come on pretty fast and the underbrush/briar's and flora and fauna greens up as it buds.If you wait until the Red-buds and Dogwoods bloom the visibility/how far you can see diminishes dramatically.My local Sheriff spoke of Rattlesnakes in those hills being a concern for ground searching.They come out of those dens/rocks to lay in the sunshine.Bring your snake boots!!I'm just suggesting that maybe you could stay in contact with someone there close to stay on top of how fast Spring is coming on.I can help some from here but those mountains over there could be quite different.Ramblin here but thinking toward some positive action.KWIM I'm sure.Old Eagle Scout here -BE PREPARED!!

C-Bar, you are too cool, thank you. Yes, still thinking April- and I totally understand about spring/summer coming on fast. Certain parts of OK (and the rest of the country for that matter, lol) really seem to only have 2 seasons these days. I'm still thinking ya'll are gonna get another major storm, but maybe not...

And snake boots- absolutely. I kinda like rattlesnakes. They come out and lay in the sun where you can see them (and avoid them) or else they run away. :) And most of 'em are bull snakes in disguise. ;)

I've got one dog that's been bitten. She told all the rest of them asap who to avoid, lol.

We have a hell of a lot of pygmy rattlesnakes in my parts now.You can't hear them and they are VERY poisonous and ornery.Don't overlook the dreaded Copperhead that we are loaded up with around here.They will just lay there and bite you without warning.I think my dogs are immune now.

Some of the biggest snows that I remember came in March.

Oriah did you meet Dan Clemmons when you were there?What was your first impression of him?

Interesting. Some people think Sherilynn was going to paint them, or they were collecting them for other personal reasons.

I have not found random (albeit heavy) rocks that are not evenly disbursed in the bed of a pickup to be good for traction. Or to NOT be redistributed once one powers up a hill. But better than nothing I guess. :waitasec:

One could assume (along with everything else in this case, lol...) that it would be very difficult for a man with serious back issues- enough that required disability and pain medication- to place rocks of the size mentioned in the back of their pickup without assistance.

You mentioned "other items" earlier on. They only show rocks & what looks like a coke can. (On the ID video) Assuming you saw other pictures can you elaborate? I thought I read spray paint cans, I don't remember reading anything else. Sorry if this has already been brought up. I read a million posts, but I may have CRS disease. : )

You mentioned "other items" earlier on. They only show rocks & what looks like a coke can. (On the ID video) Assuming you saw other pictures can you elaborate? I thought I read spray paint cans, I don't remember reading anything else. Sorry if this has already brought up. I read a million posts, but I may have CRS disease. : )

Just for clarification, was this video the "re-enactment" or actual shots from the scene?

Just for clarification, was this video the "re-enactment" or actual shots from the scene?

Good question, not sure. It was a(partial)close up of the back of the pick up. That was it. Just a still shot.

We have a hell of a lot of pygmy rattlesnakes in my parts now.You can't hear them and they are VERY poisonous and ornery.Don't overlook the dreaded Copperhead that we are loaded up with around here.They will just lay there and bite you without warning.I think my dogs are immune now.

Some of the biggest snows that I remember came in March.

Oriah did you meet Dan Clemmons when you were there?What was your first impression of him?

Aww I kinda like the pigmy's too, lol. No worries!
Copperheads are much more of a pain in the you-know-what, since they just bite you without warning after you step on/near them, lol...but we're still ok with snakes. Like I said- mine have all been told, and they can smell one a mile away. A rattle- and they know to bark and give wide range.

As for snows in March- yes- I agree!

Nope- do not know Dan Clemmons personally. Only of him. ;)

Good question, not sure. It was a(partial)close up of the back of the pick up. That was it. Just a still shot.

It would probably be good to compare the actual pics/evidence on file... against the ID episode. Just for the sake of clarity.

You mentioned "other items" earlier on. They only show rocks & what looks like a coke can. (On the ID video) Assuming you saw other pictures can you elaborate? I thought I read spray paint cans, I don't remember reading anything else. Sorry if this has already been brought up. I read a million posts, but I may have CRS disease. : )

Well you can see what was listed on the search warrant by the OSBI....which does say "paint cans"...but when ya really look at it, it doesn't say "Spray" paint cans. I think the 'spray' part comes from assuming they are one and the same because Sherilynn seems to have a history of spray painting things.

It would probably be good to compare the actual pics/evidence on file... against the ID episode. Just for the sake of clarity.
Are those actual evidence pictures somewhere on here? Oh carp, do I have them on my blog and not even know it? (Runs to go and look)

Are those actual evidence pictures somewhere on here? Oh carp, do I have them on my blog and not even know it? (Runs to go and look)

sarx, do you know how big carp get??? They sometimes exceed the size of chips in Oklahoma!!

You may have one or two on your blog and not know it...and you never know when more are coming!

Right. I find the plastic liner will even make things fly out faster than if you did not have a plastic bedliner.

That waffle house cup was in the old truck that already there. I would still like to know who owned that. How many trucks can be left on one mountain miles awy from home or wafflehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme