DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Mac6831!
I'll start by answering this:

OK has a CCP law :
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/?rnd=9617262942935294213

Not sure how much it's respected, though.

Thanks for the welcome, wfgodot, C-Bar and Oriah! And thanks, Oriah, for the very useful website. Note the following provisions from obtaining a concealed weapon's permit:

An attempted suicide or other condition relating to or indicating mental instability or an unsound mind which occurred within the preceding ten-year period from the date of the application for a license to carry a concealed firearm or that occurs during the period of licensure;

7. Currently undergoing treatment for a mental illness, condition, or disorder. For purposes of this paragraph, "currently undergoing treatment for a mental illness, condition, or disorder" means the person has been diagnosed by a licensed physician as being afflicted with a substantial disorder of thought, mood, perception, psychological orientation, or memory that significantly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognize reality, or ability to meet the ordinary demands of life;

From what I remember reading, S attempted suicide around a month before they disappeared and spent some time in a hospital. She obviously had the gun prior to this but I thought she may have attempted suicide before as well? Not, as Oriah pointed out, that people actually respect this law and I guess I'm just going with the theory that S had the gun "concealed" in the glove box or the briefcase. And maybe did so for the protection of Madyson. I just wonder if there has been any info as to how she normally carried the gun and if the info she had it with her always is correct.

Thanks for the welcome, wfgodot, C-Bar and Oriah! And thanks, Oriah, for the very useful website. Note the following provisions from obtaining a concealed weapon's permit:

An attempted suicide or other condition relating to or indicating mental instability or an unsound mind which occurred within the preceding ten-year period from the date of the application for a license to carry a concealed firearm or that occurs during the period of licensure;

7. Currently undergoing treatment for a mental illness, condition, or disorder. For purposes of this paragraph, "currently undergoing treatment for a mental illness, condition, or disorder" means the person has been diagnosed by a licensed physician as being afflicted with a substantial disorder of thought, mood, perception, psychological orientation, or memory that significantly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognize reality, or ability to meet the ordinary demands of life;

From what I remember reading, S attempted suicide around a month before they disappeared and spent some time in a hospital. She obviously had the gun prior to this but I thought she may have attempted suicide before as well? Not, as Oriah pointed out, that people actually respect this law and I guess I'm just going with the theory that S had the gun "concealed" in the glove box or the briefcase. And maybe did so for the protection of Madyson. I just wonder if there has been any info as to how she normally carried the gun and if the info she had it with her always is correct.

I think wfgodot firsts cousin said she wanted to get rid of the gun because she had to threaten the room mate with it and it scared her. Nobody can confirm if she did get rid of it but it is missing. I do not know if serial numbers where recorded.

Wfgodot can link you to his first cousin.:crazy:

The missing "briefcase" - Can someone clairify what exactly was seen on the vidoetape that S brought out to the truck? Briefcase? Suitcase? Satchel? All could have different explanations as to their contents. Did S place this in the truck or the bed? If inside, in the back with Madyson or up front with them?

All for now.

Niki (Sherylin's BF ) stated that it was a trunk. I interpreted(from what she said) as those suitcase trunks you see that are 3 different sizes. They are usually used as decorative pieces, stacked up. Largest on the bottom, getting smaller towards the top.

Food for thought- there's that pesky SDA again...
more at link:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/sda%20application%20Form%20and%20Brady%20Supp.pdf

<An employee of the sheriff&#8217;s office in the county where you reside must take your fingerprints. Your local sheriff&#8217;s office will initiate the application process and submit all required documents to the OSBI for processing. If additional fingerprint submissions are required, applicants may visit any law enforcement agency for fingerprinting services.
[FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]The top portion of the fingerprint card must be completed [/FONT][/FONT]in order for OSBI and FBI to process the card. If an employee of the sheriff&#8217;s office does not fill out the top portion of the card for you, you are responsible for filling it out with all information applicable to you. Make sure it is accurate.
The following specific instructions should be followed:
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]Fingers should be washed and dried thoroughly prior to prints being taken.
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]Do not sign the fingerprint card until you are in the presence of the person who will take your fingerprints.
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]The fingerprint card must be typed or filled out in black ink. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]
[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]Your name, at the top of the fingerprint card, and all other information should be typed or printed clearly.
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]The sections titled Date of Birth DOB, Place of Birth POB, SEX, RACE, HGT (height), WGT (weight), EYES, and HAIR must all be filled out.
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]RACE &#8211; use W for White, B for Black, A for Asian, I for Native American, U for other. DO NOT USE THE LETTER "C."
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]HGT &#8211; use feet and inches. Do not use total inches.
[FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 3,Wingdings]&#61537; [/FONT][/FONT]EYES and HAIR &#8211; To describe color of eyes and hair, use appropriate three-letter code from the following list: >

I think wfgodot firsts cousin said she wanted to get rid of the gun because she had to threaten the room mate with it and it scared her. Nobody can confirm if she did get rid of it but it is missing. I do not know if serial numbers where recorded.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1179820356&start=9

Nothing in there about ditching the gun, or wanting to. Just a simple "she stuck it in his ear."

"He had the barrel stuck in his ear by Sherilyn," Beauchamp said.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1179820356&start=9

Nothing in there about ditching the gun, or wanting to. Just a simple "she stuck it in his ear."

That's one of those most excellent quotes.

I again wonder: HOW do we know about this particular missing .22...
because- who said so? Where was it 'not found?' Were there perhaps several other guns that were registered that were all typically kept in the same location, and this one was missing? Why is there an evidence photo from the SO's that shows a holster that would fit a .22 (automatic may I add...) that has something else in it?
Did they take the serial # when called about the report of 'she just stuck it in his ear'? If that's the case, why on earth would they return it?? Or perhaps, that wasn't accurate reporting and someone just chimed in AFTER the Jamisons went missing?

Why does the 'missing' .22 even matter in this case??

I mean, really- perhaps they just sold or gave it to someone else. Unless, you know- there's some evidence to the contrary.

MOO, but I don't like the diversion of the .22.

Just a simple, "She stuck it in his ear"
Has got me reachin' for another beer
Because of them words he said,
He should have been dead,
Dead and dumped off the pier.

(should be Rascal Flatts's new single)

wfg, do you quietly write for Rascal Flatts? ;)

I am sticking with "Ellsworth" today; except we can't bring up Grandpa.

ETA: You know, thinking about Ellsworth. Perhaps we should revisit some Jamison family history. Who married who, and when. That sort of thing.

So that information must have been Facebook rumor..

So that information must have been Facebook rumor..

I am beginning to think that FB is perhaps both the best and worst investigative tool known to man at this point in time. It seems to allow for guilty people to lie and be believed, and innocent people to tell the truth and be disbelieved. :banghead:

Ok, another quick poll: based on some of the evidence photos from the SO.... how many people think items were staged for photo purposes? And how many people think a PD, SO, or federal LE agency should or would arrange items for evidence photos?

Is it only me, or does that kind of...defeat the purpose of evidence photos?

I am beginning to think that FB is perhaps both the best and worst investigative tool known to man at this point in time. It seems to allow for guilty people to lie and be believed, and innocent people to tell the truth and be disbelieved. :banghead:

Ok, another quick poll: based on some of the evidence photos from the SO.... how many people think items were staged for photo purposes? And how many people think a PD, SO, or federal LE agency should or would arrange items for evidence photos?

Is it only me, or does that kind of...defeat the purpose of evidence photos?

First off I would think there should be two sets of pics.The first set should be taken the very first time when LE starts to sort through and examine the scene as they try and sort out just what has went down.The very first views of the scene should be recorded "As Is/WAS" !!

Then if LE needs to STAGE everything to get it all into perspective so be it.

In this case MY opinion is that local LE jumped into this truck like they were Dumpster Diving and had to lay everything out where pics could be taken.I can only imagine how they went about it!!! GRRRRRR!!!! MOO!!!

First off I would think there should be two sets of pics.The first set should be taken the very first time when LE starts to sort through and examine the scene as they try and sort out just what has went down.The very first views of the scene should be recorded "As Is/WAS" !!

Then if LE needs to STAGE everything to get it all into perspective so be it.

In this case MY opinion is that local LE jumped into this truck like they were Dumpster Diving and had to lay everything out where pics could be taken.I can only imagine how they went about it!!! GRRRRRR!!!! MOO!!!

BBM:
My opinion is that local LE were in fact dumpster diving, and knew exactly what hotdog wrapper at the bottom of which cooler they were looking for...

The question is....how did they know which dumpster, and which hotdog wrapper, and which cooler to begin with?

(Oh, and I also want to know what became of the prescription meds in the vehicle. Just for my own peace of mind.)

I again wonder: HOW do we know about this particular missing .22...
because- who said so? Where was it 'not found?' Were there perhaps several other guns that were registered that were all typically kept in the same location, and this one was missing? Why is there an evidence photo from the SO's that shows a holster that would fit a .22 (automatic may I add...) that has something else in it?
Did they take the serial # when called about the report of 'she just stuck it in his ear'? If that's the case, why on earth would they return it?? Or perhaps, that wasn't accurate reporting and someone just chimed in AFTER the Jamisons went missing?

Why does the 'missing' .22 even matter in this case??

I mean, really- perhaps they just sold or gave it to someone else. Unless, you know- there's some evidence to the contrary.

MOO, but I don't like the diversion of the .22.

I'm still wondering "who said so?" to all the information that was given in the beginning!

Oh yes the prescription meds!! The Divers/LE found them and as any Diver worth his salt said "OH BOY" I take those too and stuck them in there pocket for personal use! Yep that is probably what happened.

Another thing,If the truck,cell phone,and cash has been released then why can't the surveillance tape be made public or released to family?Maybe it has been??

To this I say: today, I am feeling the Glastonbury Tor. :pcguru:

Yes, Glastonbury... and having gone from my spectacularly annoying mapping program to google earth in order to compare coordinates- I am now wondering why the area oh-so-close to Panola Mnt appears to fall somewhere in this category...
http://www.itsecurity.com/features/51-things-not-on-google-maps-071508/

Maybe it's 52 things. But, err. Why?

Oriah Beware: You will end up with a "Google Earth" headache and hangover!!

I have been wondering about the cloud over the mountain for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman