OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been gone for awhile and haven't got caught up yet so this may have been addressed already, but if you ever visit southeast oklahoma you might get a better idea of why the media isn't all over this case. it certainly makes sense that they would be, but there is no "local" media. the nearest television stations are at least 50 miles away and any newspapers are very small mostly weekly papers. couple that with the fact that the people are very private and they do not trust strangers, especially any sort of law enforcement or media. they live in such a remote place for a reason and they do not want anybody "up in there business".

Nanny, you make a good point about the people who live in remote areas. But...this is still the USA and laws have been broken. Especially, in SE Oklahoma. Certain people who live there, seem to think the laws don't apply to them!

Start a campaign to write the Governor. They usually respond.

Jeannie, I think writing the Governor is our only hope! We've been starting at the bottom looking for answers. It's time we went to the top! The Governor needs to look into the type of LE they have in the small counties!

Jeannie, I think writing the Governor is our only hope! We've been starting at the bottom looking for answers. It's time we went to the top! The Governor needs to look into the type of LE they have in the small counties!

I agree! That's exactly what he gets paid and elected to do. SERVE THE PEOPLE.............ALL OF THEM!

Being an arch-conservative and thus subject to favoring the status quo* Gov. Mary Fallin may not be amenable to such notions.

---"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

---"But governor, it's broke!"

---"Fixin' costs money; next item on the agenda?"

Being an arch-conservative and thus subject to favoring the status quo* Gov. Mary Fallin may not be amenable to such notions.

It don't hurt to try, wfgodot.
Maybe the gov'ner will go overseas to work and a new one will replace. :waiting:

It don't hurt to try, wfgodot.
Maybe the gov'ner will go overseas to work and a new one will replace. :waiting:

Well, a nice, personal, "tug on the heartstrings," handwritten appeal might help.

Assuming Mary Fallin has a heart, and there is doubt about that in some quarters.

Nanny, you make a good point about the people who live in remote areas. But...this is still the USA and laws have been broken. Especially, in SE Oklahoma. Certain people who live there, seem to think the laws don't apply to them!

so very true, little. part of it is because most of the local law enforcement is local people with little training, sometimes no training at all is required for elected positions. things are changing though. 20 years ago it would have been hushed up completely. how many cases have you searched for information on and found absolutely nothing? keep it quiet long enough and eventually everyone forgets. that is not going to happen to the Jamisons nor to many other cases that might have gone unnoticed in the past. thanks for that go to you, wfg, oriah and people like you who do not give up or shut up ;)

there has been so much going on with the missing forum that the Jamison's worked their way to the third page, so i am just bumping ;)

Good idea. This case needs more attention. Not to imply others don't. It just seems like more people need to read this and see what is or isn't going on.

Oh, but landfills and the like are soooo much fun.

Have you ever been on a search? I never have but would if given the opportunity. Someone need to do it and it might as well be me. I'm sure they give good instructions and have a full support system.

Have you ever been on a search? I never have but would if given the opportunity. Someone need to do it and it might as well be me. I'm sure they give good instructions and have a full support system.
I'm not sarx, but take a look at sarx' "title". :)

Back in the days when dumps were "open," festering in the sun, and waiting to be buried in what was probably an unsanitary landfill, we high school boys were known to prowl through them, searching for discarded Playboy mags and shooting rats.

Doesn't SARX have one of them thar' cadabbie dogs? *runs. :crazy:

Back in the days when dumps were "open," festering in the sun, and waiting to be buried in what was probably an unsanitary landfill, we high school boys were known to prowl through them, searching discarded Playboy magazines and shooting rats.

wfgodot, I don't believe you. :floorlaugh:

(However, I do know of some teens who thought dumps were fun places to hang out. )

Note to all: they are NOT FUN. Unless you enjoy de-con trailers. :sick:

Back in the days when dumps were "open," festering in the sun, and waiting to be buried in what was probably an unsanitary landfill, we high school boys were known to prowl through them, searching for discarded Playboy mags and shooting rats.

Gee, Excitement, sport, and education all in one place. Every boy's dream!:woohoo:

wfgodot, while waiting out a brief thunderstorm and some heat, and in need of humor... I have to ask you....what exactly is a 'unsanitary landfill' ?

I believe it might be considered an oxymoron. You know. Like civil war. :floorlaugh:

wfgodot, while waiting out a brief thunderstorm and some heat, and in need of humor... I have to ask you....what exactly is a 'unsanitary landfill' ?

I believe it might be considered an oxymoron. You know. Like civil war. :floorlaugh:

An improperly covered one, in which garbage pokes its head out of an insubstantial amount of dirt
poured atop it. Highly accredited by rats the world over though. To them, it's amusement-park-like.

115 degrees here yesterday, headed for the same today - thunderstorms?
what are thunderstorms? For we people of the plains - we know only the drought.

JeannieC-
Yeah I've been on one or two, lol. :great:
And how much instruction and what kind of support you get really depends on where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica1