Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, too funny.
Right now all I got is berry licken', carrot pullin', apple eatin' dogs.

All I've got are a couple of very hot, soaking wet, and filthy berry-eaters pretending to be HRD dogs. :hot:

All I've got are a couple of very hot, soaking wet, and filthy berry-eaters pretending to be HRD dogs. :hot:

You Win.
I have a full house and 3 hermit crabs who are wasting eletric. Next week I am training them to "sit" as they have mastered the stay command.

Back in the days when dumps were "open," festering in the sun, and waiting to be buried in what was probably an unsanitary landfill, we high school boys were known to prowl through them, searching for discarded Playboy mags and shooting rats.
Oh gee, back in the day, my only knowledge of a dump was parent-supervised, when we'd drive out there to watch the racoons. :)

Those were the days...when noone ever thought that a body could be left there. :(

As Bobby would say, "things have chaaaanged".

You Win.
I have a full house and 3 hermit crabs who are wasting eletric. Next week I am training them to "sit" as they have mastered the stay command.

:floorlaugh:

Soul, do you know how good hermit crabs are at landfill searches?? After they get 'sit' down, please move on to playing hide and seek with them. When they find you, reward them with some organic worm castings.

They will be HRD crabs in no time. (Wait- that's another oxymoron, isn't it?!)

Anyhoo, back to the Jamisons...

Does anyone care to give thoughts on the stray dog issue? They impede search efforts (with SAR dogs) in a big way. What the heck do we do about that? Help! I'm not into shooting on site (although that appears to be a bit of an issue in OK.)
You can ask property owners to put their dogs up...but the stray issue is....a huge problem.
Thoughts, anyone?

Wow, Oriah...that is something I would never have thought could happen (seriously).

Aren't most "legitimate" landfills surrounded by high fences? Here, they are.

Just the idea of shooting stray dawgs makes me bristle. Rabid attacking dawgs, yeah, no problem.

Perhaps they could be distracted and confined with bait (food or even meat)? And then taken to the shelter?

More like he'll eat them.

Yes!! Another excellent idea. An army of chihuahuas to control the wilding.

(Geez. In all seriousness, the poor things have probably all starved, or died of dehydration by now. :( )

Yes!! Another excellent idea. An army of chihuahuas to control the wilding.

(Geez. In all seriousness, the poor things have probably all starved, or died of dehydration by now. :( )

If these animals are wild I'm sure they find food and water. There are small animals in the woods. Although, the weaker of the bunch probably won't make it. Its sad........

:floorlaugh:

Soul, do you know how good hermit crabs are at landfill searches?? After they get 'sit' down, please move on to playing hide and seek with them. When they find you, reward them with some organic worm castings.

They will be HRD crabs in no time. (Wait- that's another oxymoron, isn't it?!)

Anyhoo, back to the Jamisons...

Does anyone care to give thoughts on the stray dog issue? They impede search efforts (with SAR dogs) in a big way. What the heck do we do about that? Help! I'm not into shooting on site (although that appears to be a bit of an issue in OK.)
You can ask property owners to put their dogs up...but the stray issue is....a huge problem.
Thoughts, anyone?

Off topic...

I am sorry to report today that one of the hermit crabs has moved on to the great hunting lands in the sky.
Today Alexander the crab passed on for unknown reasons and wont be able to continue his training.

On topic
To bad we couldnt do some discovery channel tricks and shoot the stray dogs with tracking devices to track there movements ...
They should be rounded up.. for their own good but to know where they visit could prove to be interesting.

Off topic...

I am sorry to report today that one of the hermit crabs has moved on to the great hunting lands in the sky.
Today Alexander the crab passed on for unknown reasons and wont be able to continue his training.

On topic
To bad we couldnt do some discovery channel tricks and shoot the stray dogs with tracking devices to track there movements ...
They should be rounded up.. for their own good but to know where they visit could prove to be interesting.

O/T-and in all seriousness- I'm sorry for your loss, Soul.
(Moo, but every living creature that we share our lives with leave an imprint on our souls...)

BBM and on topic.... I think that is a very astute point, Soul. Where ARE they coming and going from?

Perhaps I should try the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach when it comes to the dogs?

O/T-and in all seriousness- I'm sorry for your loss, Soul.
(Moo, but every living creature that we share our lives with leave an imprint on our souls...)

BBM and on topic.... I think that is a very astute point, Soul. Where ARE they coming and going from?

Perhaps I should try the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach when it comes to the dogs?

Any idea how many dogs are up there? Tracking devices might be a good idea. Anyone know someone who does that?

Any idea how many dogs are up there? Tracking devices might be a good idea. Anyone know someone who does that?

Last time we were up there, I counted 19 (in at least 4 different packs.)

I'm certain there are more. :(

Last time we were up there, I counted 19 (in at least 4 different packs.)

I'm certain there are more. :(

That is a lot of dogs since you probably aren't seeing all of them at one time. Scary too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState