Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Updated ruleouts:

Mary Lynn Andersen/Shondel 1959 Minnesota
Maria Anjiras, CT
Amy Billig 1957 Florida
Kristy Lynn Booth 1960 Texas
Lisa Jane Borden 1960 Texas
Stephanie Michele Buehler 1971 Texas
Unknown Butterfield 1957 Missouri
Rose Lena Cole 1956 California
Teresa Gail Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Carol Elaine Donn 1963 Florida
Deborah Hagler, OK
Susan Hallowell Unknown Florida
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana
Kathleen Henson, OK
Nancy Lynn Jason 1958 Maryland
Paulette Susan Jaster 1954 Michigan
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Alma Violet Root 1965 California
Mary Sprague 1979 Volusia Florida

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Has Susan DeQuina been ruled out yet?
Welcome to WsAsk11!
Scary back story to Susan's disappearance..
Susan Marie DeQuina – The Charley Project
"Gagnon was a member of the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang in 1979. He lived part-time with DeQuina and part-time with a friend, Robert Garbino. Photos of both men are posted with this case summary.

Several weeks after DeQuina's disappearance, Garbino was shot to death. His body was dismembered and the parts scattered on property he owned. His murder remains unsolved.

Several weeks after Garbino's murder, Gagnon was also found shot to death in Bridgeport, Connecticut. His death was ruled a suicide, but police are re-investigating the circumstances.

DeQuina reportedly wanted to break up with Gagnon because he and his friends were using her car to transport drugs. It's unclear whether her disappearance is drug-related or has anything to do with Gabrino and Gagnon's deaths, however.

DeQuina's case was reopened in 2011. Authorities believe she was murdered and they hope to identify her killer or at least find her remains."
Susan Marie DeQuina

• susan_marie_dequina_2.jpg
  • susan_marie_dequina_3.jpg

She was my mother’s sister. Disappeared long before I was born (1993) but I know everything about the case...just wish there would be some resolution though there are obvious theories on what happened.

She was my mother’s sister. Disappeared long before I was born (1993) but I know everything about the case...just wish there would be some resolution though there are obvious theories on what happened.
Welcome to Websleuths @Ask11 There is a specific thread about her linked below. Maybe you could give us some more info about her disappearance on her thread.

MA - MA - Susan M. DeQuina, 22, Lynn, 3 Oct 1979

Possible "Lime Lady " match? Your thoughts please

I believe "Lime Lady"
could be 1 of 2 missing persons. In order of likelihood

Recap: "Lime Lady"
Est Age 18-25
Est Weight: 115lbs (NaMus)
Blonde or light brown shoulder length hair
I've read, nothing official that she had freckles
Tattoo heart over breast (rt) I believe
Died between 1979-1980

Name: Vonnie Lynn Bales
Height: 5'6"-5'7"
Weight: 110-120lbs
Missing From: Houston, TX
Freckled is most unique characteristics
Her family states she hasn't been seen since 1979 or 1980

I know Houston, TX to Jones, OK approximately 450 miles. However that is via 2 highways only 45N to 35N

It doesn't mention the heart tattoo over her heart but if indeed she was taken by a biker gang, they usually mark women with tattoos. So her family may not be aware of tattoo.

I'm just going to list next persons link, if you're interested.

Patricia Taylor

Last edited:
Additional Exclusions:

Tammy Sue Clements
Theresa Vernell Jones

OT: (If you are familiar with TSC case, I found a very good photo of her on her Facebook page that I had not seen anywhere else. She looks a little different in this photo)
A0D37437-DD26-48B5-BBFC-C80C9037A132.jpeg
(I met TVJ’s sister in another thread and she told me that she was very positive that her sister’s eyes were hazel, FWIW)

I haven’t been able to find this case here on WS -or anywhere but The Charley Project for that matter. I found her a few months ago but didn’t do much more than that until today. Maybe there is something I’m missing or there just isn’t much out there to find!

I’m going to go ahead and post her here because “The Lime Lady” was my initial thought when I saw her. There are some discrepancies in identifiers and especially the dates. However, I am not sure what to think about the differences. My first question was why are California authorities investigating the case when she was last seen in New York? I was able to find a ‘75 Yearbook photo of her from Niskayuna High School which is in Schenectady, New York. Hopefully someone can find what’s probably right under my nose.

908FEF4B-F325-43FD-B698-84DF6CE1BD98.jpeg
MARY LOUISE HAWKINS
Missing Since:
08/01/1985
Missing From: Schenectady, New York
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: 03/12/1957 (62)
Height and Weight: 5'3, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics:
Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hawkins has a scar on her buttock.
Details of Disappearance:
Hawkins was last seen in Schenectady, New York on August 1, 1985. She has never been heard from again. California authorities are investigating.

Investigating Agency:
San Joaquin County, California Sheriff's Department 209-468-4412

•MMcG•

Update from DDP:

"DNA Doe Project Case Announcement: Lime Lady Doe – Jones, Oklahoma (1980)

Status: In bioinformatics. Our expert estimates that we will have the files to begin genealogical analysis by November 2019.

Who was Lime Lady Doe?
On April 18, 1980 fishermen found the nude body of an 18-25 year-old white female on the bank of the North Canadian River, east of Jones, Oklahoma, about 20 miles east of Oklahoma City. She had been shot several times in the chest with a .45 caliber handgun.
Although found without clothes, investigators believe she was dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body. Her height and weight were estimated at 5′ 7 and 115 lbs. On her left breast she had a red and blue tattoo of a heart with a scroll. After being dumped, her body was completely covered with lime to enhance decomposition, however the incorrect lime had been used and it actually helped preserve the body.
Over the years she became known as “Lime Lady”.

NamUs: UP4897
Date found: 18 Apr 1980
Race: White/Caucasian
Sex: Female
PMI: months

Anyone who believes they have relevant information on this case should contact authorities directly:

Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office
Captain Bob Green, Investigations Division
405-713-1036

Links to More Information:
Lime Lady Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases
255UFOK
Lime Lady
https:///forum/index.php?threads/lime-lady-wf-18-25-found-near-jones-ok-18-april-1980.4791/

Facial approximation image provided by Carl Koppelman.

Many thanks to our thoughtful supporters for their continued support and interest in the DNA Doe Project As always, we ask that commenters remain respectful to our Does and their families.

Please continue to advocate for transfers to Family Tree DNA and gedmatch.com opt-IN.

#DNADoeProject
#LimeLady
#JonesOklahoma #JaneDoe1980
#GEDmatchOptIn #OptIn "

Hello guys, does anyone know what kind of clothing fibers were with the dime? what was she wearing?

Hello guys, does anyone know what kind of clothing fibers were with the dime? what was she wearing?
I have not seen anything about what she may have been wearing...good question though, I’m also curious to know!

I have not seen anything about what she may have been wearing...good question though, I’m also curious to know!
I’ve been curious about it, Carl’s reconstructions have her wearing a leather jacket and a green or greenish blue shirt, I don’t know if that’s what she wore or if it’s a connection to the gang.

Given the information, it sounds like that would be the most likely conclusion. If so, then there might possibly have been bits of cloth in the wound tracks as well. It is also possible that the dime was part of a belt buckle, pin, or pendant worn by Kristy.

Another possibility is that she held her purse or wallet in her hand and that she put it out in a protective manner.

A much more remote possiblilty is that her killer placed the dime on her in some manner to use as a target.
Bumping these great ideas, actually thinking now that the killer/s purposely used the dime as a target.
Maybe the dime (cost of a call in a public phone booth?) was significant in some way?
imo, speculation.rbbm.
Not connected to this organization, just noting that some may train for and feel pride at hitting a coin sized target..
Florida killer trained at NRA-backed programme in school, was known as a ‘good shot’
"The JROTC marksmanship program used air rifles special-made for target shooting, typically on indoor ranges at targets the size of a coin."

Last edited:
That’s an interesting thought. A target. Depending on range and all those particulars, do you think someone would actually hit the dime? I mean, I know it’s very possible for many people to be able to do that - I guess I’m just thinking that someone with the skill and discipline to learn how to and successfully hit a dime-sized target, would surely know they were using the wrong type of lime? But the two skill sets are mutually exclusive I suppose. Just seems more of a lucky shot to me. I do think the dime was either in a pocket or like Richard said, a purse and I’d assume there would be some remnants of fabric. JMOO.

I wonder if there are other cases where a dime/coin was found. o_O

The purse idea is intriguing! if that were the case, then it could have been a black purse, hence why the black leather jacket from the reconstructions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
podreal
Back