Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also personally think that most UIDs aren't currently listed in public databases as MPs. I think the reason why there has been such a surge in cases where people are identified after several decades as of late is because we are fortunate enough to have programs like the DDP now that are able to track down people who were either never reported missing or whose MP reports were never made easily accessible to the public. I also think the bodies of a lot of MPs (even those who have been missing for decades) have not been found yet.

There can also be errors in regards to time frames and demographics. A missing person could be wrongly listed as having disappeared after they actually did, and some unidentified remains cases may list incorrect recovery dates. Estimated postmortem intervals are sometimes wildly inaccurate (Joseph Henry Loveless and Roger Kelso, for example). In cases where remains are not in the best condition, a decedent may be listed as being male when they are really female and vice-versa, or they could be listed as being a member of the incorrect race or ethnicity. There are a lot of potential issues that can cause issues in the match-making process even if someone is reported missing. There are also cases that are publicly accessible but are not present on widely-known databases like NamUS.

This all being said, I agree that it often takes a little bit of extra searching to discover additional (or any) details about missing people and unidentified decedents and to make possible matches.

I actually really like it when I am able to uncover an obscure newspaper article or a comment on some blog about a case with little or no information available on more well-known databases like NamUS or Charley Project. I also think it's interesting to discover a missing person or UID listed on a local website that isn't listed anywhere else.
Agree 100%!!!

I think the overwhelming majority of UID's are not in MP public databases. Many were likely dropped if they were reported or family thinks they are, but they aren't. Yes, there are some local databases that don't cross post in NAMUS. However, I think the majority of UIDs just aren't in MP public databases.

Agree 100%!!!

I think the overwhelming majority of UID's are not in MP public databases. Many were likely dropped if they were reported or family thinks they are, but they aren't. Yes, there are some local databases that don't cross post in NAMUS. However, I think the majority of UIDs just aren't in MP public databases.
This is why I keep saying that if you are uncertain if a missing loved one is in a police database, please double check.

From the articles and video:

• Teletype/fax dated 01/01/1997 from Canfield PD, Ohio to the LVPD regarding the use of Tamara's ID.
  • No indication on type of ID or details etc.
  • Cousin thought maybe Tamara was in witness protection.....

“She had disappeared, and we kind of heard that she had gone into witness protection, so we kind of thought her story was going to end there,"

But that information was never confirmed.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-06-26 - 14-17-05.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum