OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wfgodot said:
As for title searching, I am one dense biscuit when it comes to that sort of thing, lol. Plus, I'm in the process of job-applying (thus to ward off homelessness) and my months here are numbered, but I'll do what I can!

Thanks for injecting a bit of humor (hey, I'm Canadian, I should say "humour") into the situation! And, based on the many comments you've made on this and other threads I'd beg to differ and say that you are one smart cookie! ;)

Hi Trident, and thanks for your interest.
We live a distance away as well, but with the wonderful (sometimes, anyway!) world if the web, we can do a lot of background searching despite the distance. Would you be willing to share any info you may have come across re: David Hayes? We have found quite a few conflicting reports.
Thanks.
JTSYS

I'd be willing to share anything I have, but you guys have more than I do. I just finished reading the other thread and learned things I never knew from you .

When I first heard about this case, probably '99 or 2000, although it seems a lot longer than that, I "jumped" to a conclusion I can't shake - a conclusion that doesn't seem to be very popular and probably one that would get me banned.

I will, however, do some research and see what I come up with. I'd like nothing better than to see these girls found and the perp(s) brought to justice.

wfgodot said:

Thanks for injecting a bit of humor (hey, I'm Canadian, I should say "humour") into the situation! And, based on the many comments you've made on this and other threads I'd beg to differ and say that you are one smart cookie! ;)

Yes, thank you for your humor AND your thoughts, wfgodot.
As an aside, we did the title search, so no worries. And agree about Twin River although Hochatown is appealing for other reasons. Wouldn't it be wonderful if a few others would chime in and start noticing what exactly is up with Oklahoma? I'm perplexed as to why this case has not garnered more attention.
We're a bit bullheaded...so lets just keep posting back and forth until we reach the # of posts necessary for it to look more....important. ;)

JTSYS

I'd be willing to share anything I have, but you guys have more than I do. I just finished reading the other thread and learned things I never knew from you .

When I first heard about this case, probably '99 or 2000, although it seems a lot longer than that, I "jumped" to a conclusion I can't shake - a conclusion that doesn't seem to be very popular and probably one that would get me banned.

I will, however, do some research and see what I come up with. I'd like nothing better than to see these girls found and the perp(s) brought to justice.

Hi Trident,

A new perspective is always welcome as far as we're concerned. If it's unpopular- well, that's what PM's are for I suppose! We don't bite, I promise. ;)
And although we ARE researching like crazy and will soon be on the ground...the more sleuthers we can get, the more interest generated in the case, and the more support for an organized and knowlegable search team we have...the better our chances of success.
Thanks for any info you are willing to provide- either here, to myself, or to Oriah.

JTSYS

People have piped up about OK LE in numerous threads around WS and elsewhere, however, it's WS policy to not bash LE... So...

FWIW, I've had numerous friends stationed at Ft. Sill, and have even visited a few times, my experience with LE was... well.. an experience if I can say that much...

A bit of rural Craig County background: another double homicide, also still unsolved, occurred there in 2008 - the murder of William and Leona Huls:

Couple Found Shot To Death
By Chris Wright, News on 6
Updated: Nov 13, 2008 5:01 PM CST

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?s=9321573

There's no known connection to Freeman-Bible, though the general location, investigative bodies, and results are eerily similar.

People have piped up about OK LE in numerous threads around WS and elsewhere, however, it's WS policy to not bash LE... So...

FWIW, I've had numerous friends stationed at Ft. Sill, and have even visited a few times, my experience with LE was... well.. an experience if I can say that much...

I know it's WS policy not to bash LE- and our policy as well.
LE, you are our friends! No need, as far as I can see. We're just looking for some input into this particular case...we are only interested in locating Ashley and Lauria. I just don't understand the reluctance of WS'ers to investigate a double murder/double kidnapping, I guess.

Thanks for any input, anyone. We have no intention of getting in LE's way.

Thanks,
JTSYS

A bit of rural Craig County background: another double homicide, also still unsolved, occurred there in 2008 - the murder of William and Leona Huls:

Couple Found Shot To Death
By Chris Wright, News on 6
Updated: Nov 13, 2008 5:01 PM CST

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?s=9321573

There's no known connection to Freeman-Bible, though the general location, investigative bodies, and results are eerily similar.

I noticed that as well. Been looking at rural counties and their homicide rates all across the country and how they coincide with substance abuse issues, domestic violence, home invasions, etc.

There's a lot of information out there.

JTSYS

Bumping for Ashley and Lauria.
For anyone who is interested in this case at all, please note that it may have been closed by LE, but it has NOT been solved and Ashley and Lauria are still missing.

Please help us in our search for closure for these girls?

Thank you,
Oriah

Another BUMP. I'll throw in the prevailing theories about the crime, ranked in no certain order of possibility:

1. Jeremy Jones either did it, or has knowledge of who did.
2. Tommy Lynn Sells either did it, or has knowledge of who did.
3. LE involvement, silencing a possible lawsuit in death of Freeman son.
4. Danny Freeman's alleged drug dealing brought down the wrath of bigger players.
5. Ashley & Lauria killed the Freemans, burned the house, and have not been seen since.

Are there others? We need sleuthers.

Yet another bump- and another question.

Anyone know the make/model of the firearms(s) used in the Freeman murders, as well as the Dorsey murder? Was the firearm used in Shane's death David Haynes' service weapon?
If we had the final ME reports, with trajectories, that would be very useful. Links, anyone?

TIA.......
Oriah

Ok, this is the first time I have read about this case and all I can say is HOLY crap. Thats about as confusing as the disspearing Jamison family, ironically also by a state park. I will see what I can come up with for court records.

OK, apparently Craig county does not have the full documents available like some of the other counties. I wonder who the estate of Danny and Kathy went to? Once again similar to the Jamison situation... Who gets the estate if the child is missing.

Ok, this is the first time I have read about this case and all I can say is HOLY crap. Thats about as confusing as the disspearing Jamison family, ironically also by a state park. I will see what I can come up with for court records.

Thanks for taking an interest in this case, mtrooper. The court record availability SUCKS (pardon my language), so any and all help appreciated!

Oriah

OK, apparently Craig county does not have the full documents available like some of the other counties. I wonder who the estate of Danny and Kathy went to? Once again similar to the Jamison situation... Who gets the estate if the child is missing.

Whoops, sorry- should have kept reading before I responded- yes- there appears to be a lack of documents available in Craig County. JTSYS was looking into the estate as well....lets see what we all can come up with.

Oriah

Yet another bump- and another question.

Anyone know the make/model of the firearms(s) used in the Freeman murders, as well as the Dorsey murder? Was the firearm used in Shane's death David Haynes' service weapon?
If we had the final ME reports, with trajectories, that would be very useful. Links, anyone?

TIA.......
Oriah

"There were things that they came back and told us that [Jeremy Jones] told them that you had to either have been at the Freeman's when Danny and Kathy were shot and the girls were taken or you had to have first-hand knowledge," [Lorene] Bible says. "He described the actual shotgun, what they were actually shot with. People knew it was one type of shotgun because my husband and I found Danny so we knew it was something close range and it was enough to blow the man's face off. But it had never been released."

from second article, at
http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748364

Another BUMP, with factoids:

At the time of the crimes, some felt that robbery was the motive - Danny Freeman had a collection of Native American arrowheads in display cases, under glass, and, according to news reports at the time, no broken glass or traces of flint were discovered in the burned home. LE stated that this was because the fire had burned "too hot" and obliterated any all evidence of the collection. (Whatever.) It's not unheard of for N.A. artifacts to be the subject for violent robbery: in western Missouri last year, three people were murdered and, though the case has not gone to trial yet, a probable cause statement listed the reason for the crime as robbery - of one of the deceased's extensive arrowhead collection and other items related to it.

Hi fellow WS'rs. I merged the threads and put them where they belong here in the newly created missing but not forgotten discussion forum. There may have been some confusion, but we no longer post missing persons cases in the Cold Case forum.

Our reasoning for setting up subforums by decade the person went missing is so these cases would not be buried by the newest cases and would have there own area to be worked, sleuthed, for newest case, search info etc.

If there are any questions please let me know either via pm, or the threadiquette area for questions.

Thanks!

Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members