OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello WSers.... do any of you locals out there travel I-35 in KS/OK with any frequency? In particular- West of S. Seneca? We're looking for landowners or gasline owners in that area.
Thanks-
JTSYS

Hi Sleuthers,
I am local to Tulsa..this case has always haunted me. As an active realtor I can look up anything through Tulsa/NE OK MLS but I'm not sure if that encompasses that area. If anyone can lead me in the direction I will see what land records coughs up....going to play on public records now.

Hi Sleuthers,
I am local to Tulsa..this case has always haunted me. As an active realtor I can look up anything through Tulsa/NE OK MLS but I'm not sure if that encompasses that area. If anyone can lead me in the direction I will see what land records coughs up....going to play on public records now.

Hi kashmir,
That could be very helpful! You should have access to current and past deeds and property documents via your computer's MLS program, correct?
Let me look and see what we have interest in that is local to your area.

Update on the ground search- a few items were recovered including some bone, however we don't think it's in anyway related to the Freeman/Bible case. There is a LOT of territory to cover- sort of like looking for the quintessential needle in a haystack-but we have set aside multiple weekends throughout the next few months to comb through areas of interest.

(Btw- thanks for the help in identifying areas of interest, everyone! It would be great if a syndicated media source would get interested in this case... )

Oriah

Hey everyone,
I'm seeking info on the Bureau of Indian Affairs in the region we're looking at. I have info where the FBI has been involved, but not every instance where the BIA has sole jurisdiction, with the exception of the Cherokee tribe.
Also- any locals know the region well enough to know of any bondsman who might have info pertinent to the case? I can't seem to track down anyone still active....
TIA....
Oriah

wow. I just read this and cannot believe it. It sounds so absurd, yet it happened. I don't know how much I can help, but this case really struck a cord with me. I graduated high school in Texas and am the same age as those girls. I'm in Idaho now, but point me and I'll do what I can.

wow. I just read this and cannot believe it. It sounds so absurd, yet it happened. I don't know how much I can help, but this case really struck a cord with me. I graduated high school in Texas and am the same age as those girls. I'm in Idaho now, but point me and I'll do what I can.

hi monkeymama and thanks for your interest! How are your google earth skills? :) A couple extra sets of eyes to pore over sinkholes west of I-35 in OK and KS and see which have developed in the last 20 years would be very helpful!

Any clues as to why "west of I-35" is a target area would be welcome as that's a long ways from Craig County OK.

Any clues as to why "west of I-35" is a target area would be welcome as that's a long ways from Craig County OK.

Couple things wfgodot- we have a good geological overlay east of 35 but not as much west. And we're interested in looking at all angles, including Mexico. And drug involvement.

hi monkeymama and thanks for your interest! How are your google earth skills? :) A couple extra sets of eyes to pore over sinkholes west of I-35 in OK and KS and see which have developed in the last 20 years would be very helpful!

I'm am a very novice google earther...but I'll see what I can do!

I'm am a very novice google earther...but I'll see what I can do!

Thanks monkeymama! If we give you some land tracks, could you run some real estate checks for us to see where ownership has changed over the last, say, 20 years or so?

Thanks again!

Thanks monkeymama! If we give you some land tracks, could you run some real estate checks for us to see where ownership has changed over the last, say, 20 years or so?

Thanks again!

sure, I could do that. Are there specific sites that are good to search in?

sorry I didn't write back sooner. I don't know where my mind has been lately. :)

sure, I could do that. Are there specific sites that are good to search in?

sorry I didn't write back sooner. I don't know where my mind has been lately. :)

Bumping for Lauria and Ashley here...we are headed back out next weekend to continue the ground search for these two girls. If anyone can help tracking down ownership of certain tracks of land (we have GPS coordinates) it would be greatly appreciated!
TIA...

Do you want to post the GPS coordinates here?

Isn't that information available to the public? Could I call the Craig County Appraisers office?

If I can find an online source like http://www.gis.doa.mt.gov/ for OK, it might be possible to find it that way.

Do you want to post the GPS coordinates here?

Isn't that information available to the public? Could I call the Craig County Appraisers office?

If I can find an online source like http://www.gis.doa.mt.gov/ for OK, it might be possible to find it that way.

Yes we can do that, will post them as soon as I get them from Oriah. Thanks. ;)

Is this any relation to Lauria?
See RB, County Commissioner District 1.

Also from
http://craig.okcounties.org/pages/contacts.aspx, contact sources:

County Assessor
KBM (wasn't sure I should post her name)
P.O. Box 275
Vinita, OK 74301
Phone: (918) 256-8766
Fax:
Hours: 8:30 - 4:30
E-mail: assessor@junct.com

County Clerk TM (wasn't sure I should post her name)
P.O. Box 397
Vinita, OK 74301
Phone: (918) 256-2507
Fax: (918) 256-3617
E-mail: tjclerk@junct.com

Is this any relation to Lauria?
See RB, County Commissioner District 1.

Also from
http://craig.okcounties.org/pages/contacts.aspx, contact sources:

County Assessor
KBM (wasn't sure I should post her name)
P.O. Box 275
Vinita, OK 74301
Phone: (918) 256-8766
Fax:
E-mail: assessor@junct.com

County Clerk TM (wasn't sure I should post her name)
P.O. Box 397
Vinita, OK 74301
Phone: (918) 256-2507
Fax: (918) 256-3617
E-mail: tjclerk@junct.com

Isn't this her uncle?

Bumping for Lauria and Ashley here.
Oriah et al have been out the last several days running several different locations in OK. Similar to the first search- lots of territory to cover. Still interested in mines and sinkholes. No discoveries as of yet. They'll be out through the weekend.

-Was it normal for Lauria to leave her keys in the ignition? This seems weird to me. Also why was her purse left by door? Most girls I know keep their purse with them, myself included.

-Why the dispute over where the Freeman's ate that night with Lauria? Could something have happened at the Bar-b-que place that they didn't want known? Did Lauria talk to her mother that night and tell her where they ate? How did Lorene hear about the one place (sorry can't remember the name now) and why does LE believe that is incorrect and they ate at the bar-b-q place?

-Was Lauria's boyfriend ever poly graphed? How long were they dating for? The diff. times for him leaving is a red flag. Not a big one because people often get times off but still worth questioning?

-The Freeman family members that were over that night, were they poly graphed? Who were they?

-LE planning to frame Danny for the murder by coming back later and disposing of Danny's body doesn't make sense. First they would have moved his body out before the fire and second if they hadn't done that they would surely have secured the crime scene knowing Danny's body was still there and they needed to get it out.

-I don't believe Lauria would have stayed away this long from her family. Ashley seemed to have a troubled home life but not Lauria. If she had agreed at first to run away with her friend I don't believe she would have remained loyal for this long.

-Danny got the worst of it (I'm saying this of course without knowing what happened to Lauria and Ashley). It seems like he was the target. Multiple gunshot wounds and the one to the head essentially blowing it off sounds rage/anger/mad at Danny. His wife was there and needed to be eliminated as she was a witness and the same with the girls (although I believe they were taken and abused first). A second crime of opportunity. O gee let's take these girls and have fun with them first :sick:

-The tip that the family received about the girls being held alive for a few days and than killed. Where did that info. come from? They seemed to think it was reliable. Where was the house (or was it a cabin) that they were supposedly being held at? It seems to reason that their bodies would be located somewhere very near there. Not too many people are going to risk moving one body too far let alone two! Can someone do a google map of the Freeman trailer to the location of this house/cabin please?

I also read in one of the linked articles that Jones is believed to have known people who were involved in this crime but either wasn't directly involved himself or was there for part of it but not all. Any thoughts on this? I don't remember seeing it discussed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3