Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain - Billy Chastain - Mike Sparks - Alex Stevens - Left A Home on Bicycles - Okmulgee *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this, hopefully I link it correctly.

Breaking news: Newly unsealed court documents say the person of interest in the murders of four men in Okmulgee, confessed that he killed them and cut them up because he believed they were stealing from him.
-The affidavit says Joe Kennedy also had one of the victim's bicycles with him, six days after the murders.
-Kennedy was supposed to be in court today, but, the hearing got postponed until Monday.
-His attorneys argued, they deserved to know why Kennedy's bond is $10 million and the judge agreed to unseal the affidavit where the DA's office outlined its reasons why.
-It says investigators believe the men were killed on October 9th at Kennedy's scrap yard.
-It says victim Mark Chastain had his cell phone on him and records show he arrived at the scrap yard that day, around 5-40 p-m.
-Gun shots were reported 40 minutes later.
-It says video showed Kennedy leaving the scrap yard wearing a different shirt, 90 minutes after that.
-It says he left and came back several times and at 4 AM, went to the vacant lot next to his scrap yard, known as Pine Field.
-It says he remained there for a couple of hours.
-It says the men's bodies were discovered on October 14th and on the same day, blood and items belonging to Mark Chastain were found in Pine Field.
-It says that night, Kennedy took a truck belonging to a buddy from Morris.
-It says around 3 AM on the 15th, Kennedy arrived at a friend's house in another town and had one of the victim's bicycles with him.
-It says Kennedy told that person, he had killed the men and cut them up because "they were stealing from him."
-Kennedy then headed to Florida and was arrested because the buddy reported the truck stolen.
-He's scheduled to be back in court next Monday.
-As of right now, no charges have been filed in the murder case.

If I didn't do it right, it's Lori Fullbright/News on 6 on facebook
TY for the update. Here's a direct link to Lori's post:

Dec 1, 2022 update

[…]

Chief Prentice says this confession was never made to law enforcement though.

A request was made for Kennedy’s release in Thursday’s hearing, something family and friends of the victims were upset by.

[…]

I wonder what his defense will say. It'd be interesting to see what they counter. I can see why his defense wanted that important info. I mean its a while for it come to light. Perhaps now we have some answers, but obviously not all. I feel for the families. I wonder why its Billy's DNA only, though in the scrapyard and 5:40pm he was seen there. IDK there are so many questions that come to mind here. Where are the other guys 'DNA why list only one person's DNA in the affidavit? Afterall there were four men who died. There is no clear picture here right now IMO.

Wow, I wonder if Kennedy was completely unaware of the cameras in the area. How often does the prosecutor have video of the suspect, by himself apparently, at the scene of the murders and dismemberment?
The Coco Cola plant across the street from the field and the Paccar building across the street from the salvage yard are probably the sources of the video(s). MOO
I'm guessing that the if a video showed Kennedy coming and going from the scrap yard and the dismemberment scene, Pine Field, it has to show him driving away westbound, with the bodies, towards the river. If you can tell Kennedy is wearing a different shirt, after being at the scrap yard, it must be pretty damning video.

From the article
"-It says he left and came back several times and at 4 AM, went to the vacant lot next to his scrap yard, known as Pine Field."

Breaking news: Newly unsealed court documents say the person of interest in the murders of four men in Okmulgee, confessed that he killed them and cut them up because he believed they were stealing from him.
-The affidavit says Joe Kennedy also had one of the victim's bicycles with him, six days after the murders.
-Kennedy was supposed to be in court today, but, the hearing got postponed until Monday.
-His attorneys argued, they deserved to know why Kennedy's bond is $10 million and the judge agreed to unseal the affidavit where the DA's office outlined its reasons why.
-It says investigators believe the men were killed on October 9th at Kennedy's scrap yard.
-It says victim Mark Chastain had his cell phone on him and records show he arrived at the scrap yard that day, around 5-40 p-m.
-It says video showed Kennedy leaving the scrap yard wearing a different shirt, 90 minutes after that.
-It says he left and came back several times and at 4 AM, went to the vacant lot next to his scrap yard, known as Pine Field.
-It says the men's bodies were discovered on October 14th and on the same day, blood and items belonging to Mark Chastain were found in Pine Field.
-It says around 3 AM on the 15th, Kennedy arrived at a friend's house in another town and had one of the victim's bicycles with him.
-It says Kennedy told that person, he had killed the men and cut them up because "they were stealing from him."
-Kennedy then headed to Florida and was arrested because the buddy reported the truck stolen.

I wonder if that 'friend' was actually one rather than someone Kennedy bullied/intimidated. I wonder if that person felt threatened into turning over the keys to his vehicle that he'd end up chopped up too unless he complied.

Jeeez Louise, a friend of yours shows up at 3am and tells you he just killed for men and cut up their bodies. He then takes your truck and you call the police and report a stolen vehicle!!??

I will never, EVER understand how some people's minds are wired.

Jeeez Louise, a friend of yours shows up at 3am and tells you he just killed for men and cut up their bodies. He then takes your truck and you call the police and report a stolen vehicle!!??

I will never, EVER understand how some people's minds are wired.
I don't think the person he took the vehicle from and the person he is said to have admitted the murders to are the same people. I would imagine his wife was very unhappy to hear that!
[snip from the article]

"Kennedy told a woman in Gore, Oklahoma, that he killed and dismembered the four men because they were stealing from him, according to the affidavit, which was filed by prosecutors who were seeking to increase Kennedy’s bond."

I don't think the person he took the vehicle from and the person he is said to have admitted the murders to are the same people. I would imagine his wife was very unhappy to hear that!
[snip from the article]

"Kennedy told a woman in Gore, Oklahoma, that he killed and dismembered the four men because they were stealing from him, according to the affidavit, which was filed by prosecutors who were seeking to increase Kennedy’s bond."

Ohh ok, did this woman friend call the cops when he left?

Wow, I wonder if Kennedy was completely unaware of the cameras in the area. How often does the prosecutor have video of the suspect, by himself apparently, at the scene of the murders and dismemberment?
The Coco Cola plant across the street from the field and the Paccar building across the street from the salvage yard are probably the sources of the video(s). MOO
I'm guessing that the if a video showed Kennedy coming and going from the scrap yard and the dismemberment scene, Pine Field, it has to show him driving away westbound, with the bodies, towards the river. If you can tell Kennedy is wearing a different shirt, after being at the scrap yard, it must be pretty damning video.

From the article
"-It says he left and came back several times and at 4 AM, went to the vacant lot next to his scrap yard, known as Pine Field."

I don't see this bolded and italicized part highlighted by me in this article anywhere. What article did you see this in. I haven't seen the affidavit, I have to catch up on this thread a bit. Has anyone psted the unsealed affidavit since it was released? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
[snip from the article]

The links to the affidavit are missing now from 2 articles, but it has been posted before. I copied it right from the article that I linked.

Here is another article with incredible details from the affidavit, of the timeline, including when JK would have loaded the victims in his truck and leaving in the direction of the river. I'm not understanding why the link is gone. This article states the information is from the affidavit.

"4:54 a.m.: The truck is seen returning to the Coke plant before turning around and going back to Pine Field.
6:22 a.m.: A "vehicle consistent with the Tundra pickup" is seen leaving Pine Field going west on Sharp Road."

Hopefully that video that they have isn't grainy and can be verified its him otherwise there is doubt. Unfortunately its four men who died and circumstantial evidence isn't going to convict. No one wants heresay and non solid evidence to convict someone because that doesn't do justice to the four men nor their families. There is a serious issue with catalytic convertor thefts. This case could possibly be tied to something larger than expected than a simple scrapyard owner/murder type of case. I'm just wondering if this has something to do with this case.

The links to the affidavit are missing now from 2 articles, but it has been posted before. I copied it right from the article that I linked.

Here is another article with incredible details from the affidavit, of the timeline, including when JK would have loaded the victims in his truck and leaving in the direction of the river. I'm not understanding why the link is gone. This article states the information is from the affidavit.

"4:54 a.m.: The truck is seen returning to the Coke plant before turning around and going back to Pine Field.
6:22 a.m.: A "vehicle consistent with the Tundra pickup" is seen leaving Pine Field going west on Sharp Road."

Maybe Kenney's attorney's are challenging it? IDK how that would work if it has been unsealed. Perhaps the attorneys have something else to counter and so the court is backtracking if possible? No judgement on the cout here what happens, happens, right? If its to set the record straight then, possibly? IDK just hypothesizing as to why its no longer available to be seen on those sites or aticles? Really wondering, why? Its quite startling what's been reported as being in the affidavit.

Dec 5,2022 article

Perhaps it was a portion of the affidavit we were looking at as these charges let us conclude what Kennedy is alleged to have done. If it is so I hope LE can tie everything together to get exactly what happened. I still can't help but think there is more to these men's deaths than a simple robbery gone bad/losing it on Kennedy's part. I mean dismembering them over theft probably that is not a very high amount dollarwise. IDK, doesn't Kennedy have insurance? I mean he has been in the business for a long time, afterall it was in 2012 his other charges stem from so in all those years he was fine and all of a sudden this happened? IDK there is more to this than the obvious of theft perhaps by the four. Were all of them there? These are questions that will have to be answered to the "T". Is there another connection to something larger?

From the lawandcrime link joe jones posted above:

Speaking on Monday, Okmulgee County District Attorney Carol Iski told reporters that the four victims sustained gunshot wounds and were also “transected at the waist.” Mike Sparks also had both arms removed, she said.
There, (at the gas station) surveillance footage allegedly did not show the four missing men but depicted Kennedy standing next to his blue PT Crusader.
He told her (the woman he confessed to) “they were all against him, and he lost it, and he just started shooting,” Iski said. Kennedy allegedly told her “he cut them up.”

Perhaps it was a portion of the affidavit we were looking at as these charges let us conclude what Kennedy is alleged to have done. If it is so I hope LE can tie everything together to get exactly what happened. I still can't help but think there is more to these men's deaths than a simple robbery gone bad/losing it on Kennedy's part. I mean dismembering them over theft probably that is not a very high amount dollarwise. IDK, doesn't Kennedy have insurance? I mean he has been in the business for a long time, afterall it was in 2012 his other charges stem from so in all those years he was fine and all of a sudden this happened? IDK there is more to this than the obvious of theft perhaps by the four. Were all of them there? These are questions that will have to be answered to the "T". Is there another connection to something larger?
@5W's I tend to agree with your doubts and can’t explain why.
‘Transecting’ four men after shooting them seems way, way overboard for a simple robbery. Why do that? Why remove one man’s arms? Were all the remains found? If so, where? How many different tools? Would one already have all tools required? Where are those tools? Would electricity be needed - it would certainly be a time saver? What about the clothes he wore? When and where was the hauling vehicle found? Was it cleaned? Where was it cleaned and where are it’s contents? We’ve heard of one bike and one pull trailer being found. Where are the rest of the men’s bikes and possessions? Were they found and where? How much time would it logically take for one person to do all that?

I suppose there are lots of other questions I could raise …. it just seems a lot of details would be involved for one man for such an undertaking as all this, but I guess anything is possible if one is determined enough. Regardless, I hope the one and only person responsible is given his proper due. All this is only my thoughts.

His murder case is now available # CF-2022-00165 The only document available to us online is what I think is the charging document. The warrant and the affidavit are available in the clerk's office.

In his old case, they unsealed the affidavit for the bond increase and it's available to view online. It's included in the bottom portion of the 12/5 filing: DEF'S OBJECTION TO ES PARTE PROCEEDINGS
Case # CF-2012-00028

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom