Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain - Billy Chastain - Mike Sparks - Alex Stevens - Left A Home on Bicycles - Okmulgee *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly my thoughts. If they had sufficient evidence to charge murder, they would have done so. The murder weapon is likely buried or in a river somewhere between Oklahoma and Florida ..... and will never be found.
I think there is going to be plenty of evidence in this case.

RECORD DETAILS
GET NOTIFIED
Date of Birth Feb **, ****
Aliases JOSEPH L KENNEDY
ID Number956***
Custody Status Date Nov 11, 2022 07:03 AM EST
Custody StatusTransferred
Custody Detail Another Facility
Book Date Oct 18, 2022 10:21 AM EDT
Scheduled ReleaseNov 11, 2022 12:00 AM EST

REPORTING AGENCY
Volusia County Corrections
1300 Red John Dr.
Caller Service 2865
Daytona Beach, FL 32120
(386) 254-1540

Here's what I found on Vinelink this morning.

Nothing here yet - Tiger Roster

OKMULGEE, Okla. — A person of interest in an Okmulgee murder investigation has been transferred to the Okmulgee County Jail, according to the Okmulgee County Sheriff’s Office.

Joe Kennedy is currently in the Okmulgee County Jail for violating the terms of his probation on an assault and battery charge from 2012.

Nov 12, 2022 article States this murder investigation is ongoing; $500,000 bail set.

[…]

… The Okmulgee police chief said Kennedy is not a suspect in the case at this time, but rather a person of interest.

Nov 12, 2022 article States this murder investigation is ongoing; $500,000 bail set.

[…]

… The Okmulgee police chief said Kennedy is not a suspect in the case at this time, but rather a person of interest.
Oh yeah I forgot about the unrelated charges from prior, that's why he's in custody. He is a POI at this time. My other posts were kindo of implying this here but before I knew he was transferred to Oklahoma. So in fact not too much has changed mostly he's been transferred to Oklahoma, that's the extent of it.

Just noting for anyone not in Oklahoma, Moore is about 2 hours drive away from Okmulgee, near OKC. So JP is not being housed in Okmulgee. Also, I saw another poster wonder about this on this thread, and I have also wondered...
Maybe, just maybe the recent nationwide catalytic converter arrest operation which included many arrests in small towns in Oklahoma, netted information from JP or from this quadruple murder investigation? I can't rule it out, far fetched though it may seem.

I'm not familiar with OK court system. This is what I see for the case from 2012. If I'm understanding this correctly, he was sentenced to 10 years deferred (similar to probation in Indiana?), with 2 years supervision.

He didn't serve any time at all? So now, will he have to go to prison for 10 years or will the judge decide something else?

05/15/2013COURT MINUTE PLEA: CT 1: 10 YRS DEFERRED CT 2: 10$1,000.00
YRS DEFERRED $250 PSI FEE: TO RUN CC: 2 YRS DA SUPERVISION$250.00

I'm not familiar with OK court system. This is what I see for the case from 2012. If I'm understanding this correctly, he was sentenced to 10 years deferred (similar to probation in Indiana?), with 2 years supervision.

He didn't serve any time at all? So now, will he have to go to prison for 10 years or Hwill the judge decide something else?
I misread your question, MOO, the judge cannot change the sentencing terms of the plea agreement that was negotiated and accepted by the prosecution and defendant. His possible defense would be to claim he did not violate the terms of supervision or was under extreme duress. MOO

Last edited:

He didn't serve any time at all? So now, will he have to go to prison for 10 years or will the judge decide something else?

05/15/2013COURT MINUTE PLEA: CT 1: 10 YRS DEFERRED CT 2: 10$1,000.00
YRS DEFERRED $250 PSI FEE: TO RUN CC: 2 YRS DA SUPERVISION$250.00
It really depends on the judge. He won’t necessarily have 10 years, if he wasn’t involved in the murders they may just extend his probation by a couple of years. The judge will likely take into consideration how he’s done on probation the last 9.5 years and ask for a report from his probation agent.

IDK maybe these 4 men saw something they shouldn't have like someone stealing catalytic convertors and the person/s doing the stealing knew what was going down with the police raids and investigations into that ring and didn't want to go to jail

IDK maybe these 4 men saw something they shouldn't have like someone stealing catalytic convertors and the person/s doing the stealing knew what was going down with the police raids and investigations into that ring and didn't want to go to jail
Maybe Kennedy did too and that’s why he ran…just speculation.MOO. Perhaps he ran out of fear for his life.

Probably--I'm guessing here--the bodies were weighted somehow, and the water was deep enough to hide them until decomposition progressed to the point where the bodies rose to the surface.
I thought the same, but LE said the remains were not weighted down. However, I think the remains did sink and resurface after a certain stage of decomposition set in.

Records can be obtained here: OSCN Docket Search
Thanks for posting that link. Unlike Indiana courts, the motions in this OK case are all viewable. I don't know what to make of the wrongful death case by MG.

I know the pawn shop gun issue was later cleared up but one would think the atty would have checked that out prior to including it in the affidavit. It's interesting that the wife said the gun belonged to her and it was in the possession of her deceased husband at the time that he was killed by Joseph Kennedy. How would she even know that? Can we conclude that he did have a gun in his possession which is now missing?

The above is in the Affidavit of Robert V. Seacat

Summons filed by SK (from the same link)
Summons.jpg

Updates for Kennedy's 2012 case. I don't know what the "Hearing Date Reheard" means. Rescheduled?

Calendar events

10/18/2022BENCH WARRANT ACCELERATION Completed : 11/12/2022 Code: S
10/18/2022APPLICATION TO ACCELERATE DEFERRED SENT.
11/14/20221:15pmHEARING DATE REHEARD
12/01/20221:30pmHEARING DATE RAMIREZ

Case entries

10/27/2022ORDER ALLOWING WITHDRAWAL
11/14/2022COURT MIN: SET TO 12-1-22 @130
11/14/2022AFFIDAVIT
11/15/2022COURT MINUTE: BOND INCREASED TO $10 MILLION
11/15/2022MOTION TO INCREASE BOND
11/15/2022AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO INCREASE BOND
11/15/2022ORDER SEALING AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO INCREASE BOND
11/15/2022ORDER SETTING HEARING
11/16/2022ORDER APPOINTING OIDS
11/16/2022WARRANT RET'D FILED SRVED 11-12-22
11/18/2022ENTRY OF APPEARANCE: OIDS CAPITAL TRIAL DIVISION
11/18/2022NOTICE OF INVOCATIN OF ALL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

Updates for Kennedy's 2012 case. I don't know what the "Hearing Date Reheard" means. Rescheduled?

Calendar events

10/18/2022BENCH WARRANT ACCELERATION Completed : 11/12/2022 Code: S
10/18/2022APPLICATION TO ACCELERATE DEFERRED SENT.
11/14/20221:15pmHEARING DATE REHEARD
12/01/20221:30pmHEARING DATE RAMIREZ

Case entries

10/27/2022ORDER ALLOWING WITHDRAWAL
11/14/2022COURT MIN: SET TO 12-1-22 @130
11/14/2022AFFIDAVIT
11/15/2022COURT MINUTE: BOND INCREASED TO $10 MILLION
11/15/2022MOTION TO INCREASE BOND
11/15/2022AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO INCREASE BOND
11/15/2022ORDER SEALING AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO INCREASE BOND
11/15/2022ORDER SETTING HEARING
11/16/2022ORDER APPOINTING OIDS
11/16/2022WARRANT RET'D FILED SRVED 11-12-22
11/18/2022ENTRY OF APPEARANCE: OIDS CAPITAL TRIAL DIVISION
11/18/2022NOTICE OF INVOCATIN OF ALL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
Great find @FrostedGlass. I don’t know what "Hearing Date Reheard" means either. The $10 million bond should deter any chance of being released any time soon. Does ORDER SEALING AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO INCREASE BOND mean the public won’t hear any more about the case until trial? I wonder if they’re building a larger case against others possibly involved in some way? All this my personal questions based on not knowing.

Great find @FrostedGlass. I don’t know what "Hearing Date Reheard" means either. The $10 million bond should deter any chance of being released any time soon. Does ORDER SEALING AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO INCREASE BOND mean the public won’t hear any more about the case until trial? I wonder if they’re building a larger case against others possibly involved in some way? All this my personal questions based on not knowing.
I would guess that the order to seal the bond affidavit means that we won't see that particular motion but we should still hear about the trial. I've never seen that particular wording in the Indiana cases I've followed. Your guess as to what it could mean is as good as any guess I can make. :)

Thanks for posting that link. Unlike Indiana courts, the motions in this OK case are all viewable. I don't know what to make of the wrongful death case by MG.

I know the pawn shop gun issue was later cleared up but one would think the atty would have checked that out prior to including it in the affidavit. It's interesting that the wife said the gun belonged to her and it was in the possession of her deceased husband at the time that he was killed by Joseph Kennedy. How would she even know that? Can we conclude that he did have a gun in his possession which is now missing?

The above is in the Affidavit of Robert V. Seacat

Summons filed by SK (from the same link)

View attachment 380143
I realize this was filed on Nov 7, but can the statements be ammended afterwards? IMO this lawsuit may be to hold assets of the Kennedys from being liquidated by them as the investigation takes its course?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back