Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain - Billy Chastain - Mike Sparks - Alex Stevens - Left A Home on Bicycles - Okmulgee *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tow-truck driver called about an Impounded truck at 11:47 pm on Briar Road ....Ahhhh, now I can clearly see this line of thinking...
And 6 shots heard at 7:31pm…..Briar Road area

And further shots heard at 9:18pm….around the area of N197 Road

Is that a lot of shots heard for one night in a small town???
Here where I live there would Police everywhere and areas locked down etc …. a full on emergency response …however Oklahoma US may be different??

Last edited:
I'm guessing that only the spouse/SO of each would have looked for the bikes. I don't find it unusual that they can't describe the bikes they were riding if they had multiple bikes around their yards, or if they rode bikes belonging to Billy Chastain.
What is more interesting, is that the trailers they were towing have not been found. I'm guessing there are not any of those lying around the scrap yard. I'd surmise that the bike and trailers were taken away by JK.

I don't think this one question has to be answered, it may already be known and not disclosed by LE, and it may never be known. I don't see it affecting the prosecution.
No I disagree there are a lot of questions obviously that need answering, however knowing where the bikes and the trailers they supposedly had as inferred by those who believe their intentions were that night were questionable it leaves everything open to question. So it is important for the case. And as I said if they each had 10 bikes or 20 bikes the families would be able to tell. Perjaps the kids used them also. So more than likely they would be able to tell unless of course it was like 30 or 40 bikes each one had.

Here where I live there would Police everywhere and areas locked down etc …. a full on emergency response …however Oklahoma US may be different??
How far away from the lot across from JK's salvage yard? Maybe someone was doing shooting practice. That is unsettling. At 7:31 they hadn't left the house yet. But the 9:18pm ones though? This being a rural area it may not be as strict. IDK , however. Is there hunting for game in the area, is it allowed?

Gunshots are common in rural areas. Lots of people shoot beer cans for fun.

How far away from the lot across from JK's salvage yard? Maybe someone was doing shooting practice. That is unsettling. At 7:31 they hadn't left the house yet. But the 9:18pm ones though? This being a rural area it may not be as strict. IDK , however. Is there hunting for game in the area, is it allowed?
There appears to be a time discrepancy … poor reporting???or did Chief Prentice state this after further investigation of initial information????

The group is thought to have left a house where Billy Chastain lived part-time around 5:30 p.m., Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said in an interview this week. Investigators obtained GPS data from cellphones carried by two of the men that showed them traveling east, then south. No video has been found that captured their movements after they left, Prentice has said

Last edited:

No. Have farm in area near Tulsa RV ranch. Lots of farms everywhere. Hear gunshots all the time throughout the day. One particular neighbor practices w/ak-47 every Sunday allllll day. N197 Rd is North of Okmulgee near Beggs. Deer hunting season w/firearms is Nov 19th through Dec 4th Oklahoma Hunting Seasons, 2022-2023 - Hunting Season HQ

Attachments

• too far north.jpg
    too far north.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
How common is it to target practice after dark? And if it is common, do folks usually call it in to LE? Where I lived, all my neighbors had guns. Close to deer season, it would sound like a war zone all day long; but not after dark. Maybe OK is different from IN.

Sun, Oct 9 in Okmulgee
Full moon
Sunset = 6:57:51 pm
Twilight ended = 7:22:05 pm

How common is it to target practice after dark? And if it is common, do folks usually call it in to LE? Where I lived, all my neighbors had guns. Close to deer season, it would sound like a war zone all day long; but not after dark. Maybe OK is different from IN.

Sun, Oct 9 in Okmulgee
Full moon
Sunset = 6:57:51 pm
Twilight ended = 7:22:05 pm

I was just going to mention that. I’m used to hearing gun shots dawn to dusk but you can’t target shoot after dark unless you have well lit shooting lanes which seems unlikely. And the neighbors have presumably lived there a while, so clearly the gunshots were unusual, why else would they call the police?

We can't even be sure of what time they left the house, so we have no idea of where all they could have gone. Prentice said at first they left around 8 pm. Then CNN came out with the linked article saying he said they left at 9. Then the NBC article stated 5:30. We know the phone shut off at 8:32 at the salvage yard so a 9 pm departure time is unlikely. IMO, the 5:30 time is the most likely. @SLouTh linked the NBC article and quote a few posts earlier.

The arrest comes a week since four men – Mark Chastain, 32; Billy Chastain, 30; Mike Sparks, 32; and Alex Stevens, 29 – were reported missing after leaving Billy Chastain’s home on bicycles around 9 p.m. on October 9, according to Police Chief Joe Prentice.

Last edited:
What's the hold up with someone getting charged here?
Six days ago the suspect waived extradition from Florida. Oklahoma has to go get him. No news update on that so, maybe for safety reasons, they are keeping that a secret. They would not charge him until after he is booked into jail there.

So it is important for the case.
In my opinion, it not going to affect the prosecution's murder charge.
The bikes may have been found and it's not been announced, maybe they will never be found. The murder case will proceed in either case.
it leaves everything open to question.
There are 4 victims and a mountain of forensic evidence. Not locating the bikes does change or invalidate any of the other evidence. The suspect can claim self-defense whether the bikes are ever found or not.
And as I said if they each had 10 bikes or 20 bikes the families would be able to tell
The families said they could not, I take their word for it and find it believable. I can't see anyone disputing that.
Having grown up in a large family, with lots of bikes laying about, my mother never knew who rode what or if it was her child's bike in the driveway or one of our many friends. When you have a lot of bikes, parting out bikes and reusing frames is common. Putting on different handlebars, seats, and wheels will make the bike look very different.

There was a lot of talk about catalytic converters previously so I wanted to pass this along. This occurred today less than a mile from where I grew up and 45 minutes from where these men were killed. I am curious if JK was involved in this ring or if these guys dabbled in it. I’m definitely not accusing anyone, just wondering.

DHS announced that 13 defendants have been arrested in Oklahoma Wednesday in connection to an organized catalytic converter theft ring. Homeland security agents joined the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office and police officers from Tulsa, Broken Arrow, and Coweta…” “Crews at the scene have loaded three semis with boxes of catalytic converters, with each semi holding about 24 pallets each.”

“DHS said searches and seizures took place in Oklahoma, California, Wyoming, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, and Virginia. In total, 21 individuals in five states have been arrested and/or charged for their roles in the conspiracy.”

A second article further described today’s SWAT.

“I mean this is more police officers than our town, our whole county has. It’s remarkable.” “He said, ‘I don’t think we’re going to work today.’ I said, ‘Why?’ And he said, ‘There are police officers, M16s, multi task forces and everyone has arrived next door,’”

No. Have farm in area near Tulsa RV ranch. Lots of farms everywhere. Hear gunshots all the time throughout the day. One particular neighbor practices w/ak-47 every Sunday allllll day. N197 Rd is North of Okmulgee near Beggs. Deer hunting season w/firearms is Nov 19th through Dec 4th Oklahoma Hunting Seasons, 2022-2023 - Hunting Season HQ
See this why I was questioning whether a silencer was used or not. If neighbours are not suspecting a problem because of those people shooting then its possible that many people wouldn't pay attention even if they heard the gunshots happening. So in fact if that's the case then anyone could have shot at the 4 men and did this to them. Who are we to say it didn't happen like this. So where exactly is Beggs for those of us not familliar with the area. Plus for whoever reported the gunshots it was important enough to do so because they were concerned. So not everyone in the community feels comfortable with the shootings as such.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it not going to affect the prosecution's murder charge.
The bikes may have been found and it's not been announced, maybe they will never be found. The murder case will proceed in either case.

There are 4 victims and a mountain of forensic evidence. Not locating the bikes does change or invalidate any of the other evidence. The suspect can claim self-defense whether the bikes are ever found or not.

The families said they could not, I take their word for it and find it believable. I can't see anyone disputing that.
Having grown up in a large family, with lots of bikes laying about, my mother never knew who rode what or if it was her child's bike in the driveway or one of our many friends. When you have a lot of bikes, parting out bikes and reusing frames is common. Putting on different handlebars, seats, and wheels will make the bike look very different.
This is different its a murder investigation so people will go back and look maybe at the time they may not realize it. The bikes do hold value as those are what were transporting them that night. So it is very much a question as to what happened to them when they were riding. How do we really know what kind of forensic info they do have. I realize the mens DNA but they need to know everything that happened that night. So just because we may identify with a circumstance doesn't mean that its not crucial to what happened to someone else. Those bicycles are a big part of the story. So they can't be dismissed. What if someone shot at them and their bicycles as they tried to get away that's pretty significant. All evidence is important.

Six days ago the suspect waived extradition from Florida. Oklahoma has to go get him. No news update on that so, maybe for safety reasons, they are keeping that a secret. They would not charge him until after he is booked into jail there.
But he will be transported at a later date so IMO there is a hold up. A murder charge is obviously very serious so if they had what they needed to charge him they would have regardless of jurisdiction. Unless they are holding him solely on the theft charge at the moment and once he's transported he will be charged with murder.

This is what LE actually said:
“Unfortunately, I have no description of the bicycles. At least one, and we believe all, of the boys had multiple bicycles, and there’s no way to know which ones they were on,” Prentice said.
LE only actually knows one of them owned more than one bicycle and LE is guessing the others had more than one bicycle by inference.
This could be an old report and now its changed. IMO this may have been based on the initial reports.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back