Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this make sense?

The four guys are stealing catalytic convertors, which they put in their trailers. They are under the impression that JK is gonna pay them alot of money or there is some arrangement with him
They take the CCs to JK's salvage yard.

He's not gonna pay them very much.

It all goes south from here...

At least that's what it seems like to me...

Last edited:
That is very interesting. Running a fencing operation.

Look at his booking picture. Is that the remnants of a black eye?
It surely seems he has a black eye
Oh...I thought he got caught fencing auto parts, (some guy comes in with junk car parts, don't ask don't tell) but a pawn shop is worse.
Thanks for the article.
I'm in Oz I had to google what fencing meant it didn't make sense to me I thought it meant fencing as in fence around farms I was thinking how's that even illegal lol

It surely seems he has a black eye

I'm in Oz I had to google what fencing meant it didn't make sense to me I thought it meant fencing as in fence around farms I was thinking how's that even illegal lol
It's a funny term. It's also not a commonly used term either. There are a few other criminal "slang" words used in American English. (vig is used in conjunction with loan sharking)

I believe maybe the big lick was getting heavey smelted metal bars. That is what I think the stolen parts are about. Joe invest pretty nicely .I think the carts where for the hauling of stacks of copper gold silver and alum..etc..that was maybe gossip based on him buying stolen goods from local meth criminals or just theifs ,probably take rings and watches too..Wouldnt take to long for any petty crime guys to have figured out how he was fencing the products . So I think Joe fled to flordia to get rid of his bars or hide them etc.. Anyway I just think that was the lick ,from that i dont have any clue about what happened . This is a theory not facts.

I'm in the UK and had to Google 'fencing' in that context too!

I thought if he had a fence business, why 4 men would want to steal so many wooden panels to divide their garden??

Hahaha!

Police have said Kennedy denied knowing the men and he appeared cooperative with investigators during an interview Friday afternoon.

But the chief later announced Kennedy had gone missing.

Two days later, Kennedy was arrested in Daytona Beach Shores in a vehicle reported stolen Monday, Okmulgee Police said.

According to the arrest warrant in Florida, he was reported as a missing person, but Kennedy told officers he was not a missing person and was not in any danger.

He does have a previous conviction for Intended Receipt of Stolen Property. Perhaps that negated his ability to use that law?

Or.... portions of the law you cite may have been modified by Oklahoma Courts via case law type decisions.

For example, prior to the Ahmad Arbury well, lynching, Georgia had a broad citizens arrest law. But.... previous to Ahmad, a gas station owner attempted a citizens arrest that involved killing a resisting shoplifter.

Georgia Supreme Court upheld the gas station owner's conviction by adding key case law stipulating that ultimate use of force in a citizens arrest must have been proportional to the offense.

Likewise, my State (Texas) has a written law that apparently gives citizens the ability to use lethal force to defend property after sunset. But.... as the Dallas County District Attorney once directly stated, that law does not give one the ability to shoot leaf blower thieves. He may of been referring to later case law.
Oklahoma is a frontier state and their "Make My Day" law seems to explicitly state that a person has a right to use deadly force on any intruder with criminal intent. It wouldn't let you shoot a shoplifter who wasn't an intruder to begin with but it would let you shoot someone in your garage stealing your leaf blower. I am in the habit of being pretty vague about this kind of thing here to avoid running afoul of the "victim friendly" rule so I'll focus on my assumption about Kennedy.

I'm guessing that in 2014 he tried to work with law enforcement when he shot that intruder and that was when he found out the hard way that since this was all related to his illegal operations that the law would not protect him - and at that point he resolved that of it ever happened again he would "finish the job on his own" so to speak, which is what he did.

I'm inclined to think that other Sleuths are correct in their assumptions that this was about precious metals in catalytic converters and that once the bodies were found, he made the run to wherever he sells the materials to cash out in preparation of mounting a legal defense. That money could be seized of course, if it could be found. It'll be interesting how this plays out.

It's a funny term. It's also not a commonly used term either. There are a few other criminal "slang" words used in American English. (vig is used in conjunction with loan sharking)

Its common here in the UK,or at least everyone I know would know what it meant,maybe all those years watching The Bill :D.
I've never heard of "Hitting a lick"!.

Its common here in the UK,or at least everyone I know would know what it meant,maybe all those years watching The Bill :D.
I've never heard of "Hitting a lick"!.
Hit a lick is a slang term which means to acquire a large sum of fast money in a short amount of time, according to Cyber Definitions. Sometimes, according to SlangLang, this can be from robbing a bank, selling drugs, or other illegal activity, or one can hit a lick by gambling or playing the stock market.

Not to be a smart alec but here's an interesting one just South of Oklahoma in Texas. Probably has a thread here on WS.
Thank you. I just do not see the similarities to this case. I see the victim's as small time and Cartels do not do small time. I'm not sure they are into CC thefts. Imo.

Hit a lick is a slang term which means to acquire a large sum of fast money in a short amount of time, according to Cyber Definitions. Sometimes, according to SlangLang, this can be from robbing a bank, selling drugs, or other illegal activity, or one can hit a lick by gambling or playing the stock market.
I hadn't heard that term before reading about this case, either. But I hope I "hit a lick" in the stock market soon. :cool:;)

Thank you. I just do not see the similarities to this case. I see the victim's as small time and Cartels do not do small time. I'm not sure they are into CC thefts. Imo.
So ,this kinda of bussiness, is the kind of bussiness,cartels would use to shift cash around ,not saying this one is that ..but this is kinda spot on for large and small shady dealings to be popping off as a sideshow to normal everyday dealings that always feel a little dirty even if they are not ..MOO..There is no doubt cartel is around there those large scale grow operations bust and news reports are very telling . Still does not mean cartel was involved in this ,but it is Oklahoma and the level of insanity in this states crimes is mind blowing.

I know we're not allowed to post crowd funding links, but thought I'd mention one has been set up by the Chastain's grandmother, who states she raised the brothers. It seems to me that rather than provide an elaborate funeral for the two, (which is the goal) donations are really needed for their 6 children who will most likely need financial support.

Sad.

Snipped from video at link - Search for four missing men continues in Okmulgee County
  • Pings from Mark's phone indicate they went to a salvage yard, just a couple miles south and spent three hours at that location, before heading to another salvage yard just off Hwy 75.
  • Marks phone was shut off at the second salvage yard. The phone still had 28% battery life.

1666191281668.png
I just wonder if Mark's phone was attached to his bike? Something similar to photo. Maybe bikes made the trip to gas station and to south salvage yard where they were crushed, smelted, shredded. Thus phon being "turned off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8