Found Deceased OK - Mark Chastain, Billy Chastain, Mike Sparks, Alex Stevens, Okmulgee, 9 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 374190
I just wonder if Mark's phone was attached to his bike? Something similar to photo. Maybe bikes made the trip to gas station and to south salvage yard where they were crushed, smelted, shredded. Thus phon being "turned off".
So i thought i heard earler this week that the 2 phones were traveling in opposit directions at one time ,maybe I
misunderstood.

Its common here in the UK,or at least everyone I know would know what it meant,maybe all those years watching The Bill :D.
I've never heard of "Hitting a lick"!.
I'm in the US: This is the first time I have ever heard the term, "Hit a lick"...I had to look it up.
I'm 65 years old and read lots of true crime book. I've read lots of books about the Mafia. The Mafia has crews of low level types which do lots of fencing and dirty work, but I've never heard the term, "Hit a lick"

So i thought i heard earler this week that the 2 phones were traveling in opposit directions at one time ,maybe I
misunderstood.
I'm puzzled about the second phone.

This is a quote from one of the pc's: "All telephone data indicated they had gone east leaving town then ultimately going south on 75." I thought "leaving town" was strange wording, as well as the "ultimately". It almost made me think they left town and drove around a bit before connecting to 75. Then, he talks about the salvage yard on the west side of town, as well as the large salvage yard a few miles south on the highway.

We need to remember that LE said although the official COD and MOD is pending, all 4 men suffered gun shot wounds. First 30 seconds of the presser.

So we do not know how they were killed. From the previous 2012 case, we do know one person was shot and survived. In this case all 4 were shot but that might not be what caused their deaths.

Does anyone know specifically where the first smaller salvage yard is? The one located near the four guys home?

Iirc its this one.

On Saturday, Prentice stated a ‘methodical’ search of the scrap yard on 20th Street and surrounding properties was conducted.

“Nothing remarkable was observed inside the salvage yard,” Prentice said, “but evidence of a violent event was discovered on an adjoining property.”

Kennedy is the owner of the salvage yard near Schulter, and the scrap yard located on 20th Street near Madison Ave.

I'm in the US: This is the first time I have ever heard the term, "Hit a lick"...I had to look it up.
I'm 65 years old and read lots of true crime book. I've read lots of books about the Mafia. The Mafia has crews of low level types which do lots of fencing and dirty work, but I've never heard the term, "Hit a lick"

I am thinking that the term "Hit a lick" is more southern than east coast.

For example, I first heard the term directly decades ago from wayward youth types in east Texas. East Texas is an extension of the deep south.

Likewise, Oklahoma has big doses of southern influence starting with first white and black settlers who were almost all from the deep south.

I just cant see what the original meaning was. For example, the old term "On the Ball" for timeliness comes from Ball pocket watches being among the best produced in the USA and thus used for railroad time keeping.

But..... "Hit a Lick"? What in the heck did that mean originally?

I am thinking that the term "Hit a lick" is more southern than east coast.

For example, I first heard the term directly decades ago from wayward youth types in east Texas. East Texas is an extension of the deep south.

Likewise, Oklahoma has big doses of southern influence starting with first white and black settlers who were almost all from the deep south.

I just cant see what the original meaning was. For example, the old term "On the Ball" for timeliness comes from Ball pocket watches being among the best produced in the USA and thus used for railroad time keeping.

But..... "Hit a Lick"? What in the heck did that mean originally?
Wild guess: I'm guessing it is derived from the idea that cattle will come to a salt lick, as will deer and other wild creatures. Sounds like it might be the jargon of hunters in cattle country.

I'm puzzled about the second phone.

This is a quote from one of the pc's: "All telephone data indicated they had gone east leaving town then ultimately going south on 75." I thought "leaving town" was strange wording, as well as the "ultimately". It almost made me think they left town and drove around a bit before connecting to 75. Then, he talks about the salvage yard on the west side of town, as well as the large salvage yard a few miles south on the highway.
Yeah we might really want to make a map and pin down exactly what was said about the phones and travel and add in where they found Joe's car.

Wild guess: I'm guessing it is derived from the idea that cattle will come to a salt lick, as will deer and other wild creatures. Sounds like it might be the jargon of hunters in cattle country.
I'm from south Louisiana and I've never heard the term Hit a Lick.
Hmmm.....

Maybe the South is not the origin like I thought.

I first heard "Hit a Lick" in east Texas (lots of pinewoods, but relatively few cattle). @gnomony 's idea makes alot of sense. Maybe under the context of cattle "hitting" a salt lick for a free, quick and easy type gain?

With @Teche not having heard the term and gnomony's idea, I am thinking the term moved to east Texas wayward youths from the west (as gnomony states "cattle country"), not the south.

Last edited:
Iirc its this one.

On Saturday, Prentice stated a ‘methodical’ search of the scrap yard on 20th Street and surrounding properties was conducted.

“Nothing remarkable was observed inside the salvage yard,” Prentice said, “but evidence of a violent event was discovered on an adjoining property.”

Kennedy is the owner of the salvage yard near Schulter, and the scrap yard located on 20th Street near Madison Ave.

OK, thanks. My limited property search shows the property as a single family residence with a different owner. (However, background check shows Joe Kennedy associated with the property).

Street View shows that there was once a home there. In 2009, it was in the process of being demolished. I don't see a registered business there. Street View shows a junkyard. No signage. Maybe JK was renting a vacant lot. I would screenshot Street View of property, but since JK is not the property owner, I won't.

If anyone else wants check the Street View: it's near the railroad tracks on the north side of the street. Google: 20th St, Okmulgee. It's west of the fireworks place.

I even see a lavender bike in a truck. I wonder if it's the same bike they found? If so, business is kinda slow...View attachment 374208

<modsnip: Copyright violation; screenshot w/o Google Maps built-in attribution or source link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems pretty obvious to me he is the perpetrator...he flew the coop when the bodies were discovered.

I wonder why he ran to Florida???
Did he fly the coop when the bodies were discovered, or after the bodies were ID'ed as the 4 missing men? What's the timeline of those events plus the police questioning him? I thought he left after being questioned by police. That could make a difference; if he hadn't been directly involved, but, say, had only heard gunshots via his surveillance cameras (after the cameras showed people on his property) or because he lived near the lot adjacent to his business, it may not have occurred to him, that he could be implicated, until police questioned him. He may have only been an indirect witness, but a suspect simply due to proximity.

Or he may have headed over to his scrapyard after the cameras showed intruders, but by then maybe the intruders had moved to the adjacent lot, and stuff went down while he was at his business. The fact that he didn't leave town immediately makes me think he wasn't involved in the murders. He was just witness to a grisly scene,possibly.

Wasn't there a statement from a family member of one of the four deceased, that the guys often visited K's scrapyards? Yet, he said he didn't know any of them. If they regularly visited the scrapyards, why would he choose this occasion to murder them?

More info needed. We just don't have enough info to pin it on him yet, IMO. Once you take a close look, the picture is too sketchy to make anything out for sure, IMO.

Hmmm.....

Maybe the South is not the origin like I thought.

I first heard "Hit a Lick" in east Texas (lots of pinewoods, but relatively few cattle). @gnomony 's idea makes alot of sense. Maybe under the context of cattle "hitting" a salt lick for a free, quick and easy type gain?

With @Teche not having heard the term and gnomony's idea, I am thinking the term moved to east Texas wayward youths from the west (as gnomony states "cattle country"), not the south.
Online hit a lick - Wiktionary, I find it identified both as African American vernacular and as Multicultural London English. (Still sounds to me like it's related to an animal's good luck in finding a salt lick.)

In Mexico, most of the killings that I read about were turf wars where the cartel (not unlike some US gangs) want to send a message about control of the area. In this salvage yard, it was not a turf war. These men may have broken an honor code but US LE is not the same as LE in Mexico (blind eye, on the take or whatever). You could be right but it just doesn't seem like these dead men were in the cartel life or had found some cartel stash. But, I think we will find out soon.
Good points. But the 4 men somehow did hear about a lucrative deal of some sort going down at or next door to the scrapyard. So, they probably weren't in the cartel life, but could have had connections that informed them of some attractive action (possibly cartel-related, or not). And the action could have been hot enough, that any unexpected witnesses had to be disposed of.

Anyway, yeah, we don't know, so all we can do is guess. Meanwhile, the silence from LE regarding Kennedy, now that he's in their custody, is deafening.

One other thing occurred to me. It's possible the murderers are hiding in plain sight. They might have figured, that Kennedy would be the fall guy, and the bodies aren't analyzable for perps' DNA due to being submerged for days, so they wouldn't have to leave town. They could blend into the woodwork, and keep living their lives as per usual. Audacious, but not impossible. Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member