Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I cannot imagine why this is not a big story. How is this not a high-profile case? You'd think the media would a story about a serial killer, a long-term abduction involving a very attractive young woman, and the violent abduction of little boy from school irresistible.

Yeah, I cannot imagine why this is not a big story. How is this not a high-profile case? You'd think the media would a story about a serial killer, a long-term abduction involving a very attractive young woman, and the violent abduction of little boy from school irresistible.

ITA! At first I wasn't that surprised -- I know my own reaction when I saw here that she had been identified. I thought, they can't possibly mean that she's actually been identified, I wonder what that's about. So at first I figured the media was as flabbergasted as I was. Now I can only assume they are waiting on an official announcement from the FBI. Still, it is astonishing that someone like David Lohr hasn't picked up on the story.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I wonder if Suzanne's mother insisted all along she had never committed the minor crime that sent her to jail. My gut feeling is Floyd could have framed her for it, which would have given him more time to leave with the children.

Here's hoping Suzanne's brother's story will end like Marx Barnes, who was taken by his mother and left at an orphanage with an altered birth certificate. I wish so badly for him to be okay.

Also, does anyone know why Suzanne was the only one o the daughters Floyd took? Does her mom have any idea why? Did she ever talk to an attorney about Floyd having the right to just take the kids like that? Where was her family during the month she was in jail? Did they ever check on the kids? There are some big holes here.

he took all of them then left the two older ones with CPS or whatever it was back then , the brother remains missing

No , Sometimes I think we are the olny ones who care , its just not big news to the media.

I think it's not a big story cause the family doesn't want it to be. Again, I wonder why Floyd kept Suzanne instead of one of her other sisters and where her bio dad and his family are in all this. Very strange. Also, North Carolina is no way "The Deep South." I have family there and I wouldn't call it that.

When I say why was Suzanne the only one Floyd took, I mean, why was she the only sister he kept. Also, I wonder if Floyd "setup" SUzanne's mom so she would go to jail and therefore he could get the kids.

Why keep Suzanne only? I assume Floyd was just being pragmatic in his own sick way. Suzanne was the right age and size to be easily controlled for Floyd's sick desires. Taking Suzanne along with two older girls would be pretty unwieldy and those two older girls, once it became obvious Floyd was a monster, posed a major risk of talking. Better to just dump them ASAP, kill the little bro, and take Suzanne out of state.

I agree with Fukiyama she was perfect to keep still young enough , who wants to be on the run with a screaming baby? and the older one KNEW who mom was etc. she was likley at that age to forget and eaiser to controll, I searched namus for the baby boy and couldnt find one around that time period but , he could have been hidden anywhere in many states, or given away, Dial didnt end up with a son did he?

How old were Suzanne's sisters when she was taken?

Not for sure but I think a few years, really anything older than 5 or 6 would be hard for Floyd, Im betting Suzanne saw the murder of her brother, that would surely keep her "minding" if it didnt traumatize her to the point of forgetting , that haunting look in the picture of her sitting on Floyds lap says it all to me. :(

A little off topic but does anyone else find it strange that there's been little to no media attention regarding this one being solved? I thought it would be all over the place!
There was rarely any media attention before...I agree most haven't heard about it. This sort of sordid stuff is up people's alleys normally...and Nada.

There was rarely any media attention before...I agree most haven't heard about it. This sort of sordid stuff is up people's alleys normally...and Nada.

Yep you said that right ! I doubt it will get much attention, and [modsnip]

I think it's not a big story cause the family doesn't want it to be. Again, I wonder why Floyd kept Suzanne instead of one of her other sisters and where her bio dad and his family are in all this. Very strange. Also, North Carolina is no way "The Deep South." I have family there and I wouldn't call it that.

When I say why was Suzanne the only one Floyd took, I mean, why was she the only sister he kept. Also, I wonder if Floyd "setup" SUzanne's mom so she would go to jail and therefore he could get the kids.
I dunno.... I have relatives who lived in in NC back in the 70's....pretty rural at that time. Now not so much, but it was what my Southern mom called Deep South. And I agree that Floyd didn't want an older child who had a lot of prior memories of their mom but didn't want to deal with a baby. Suzanne fit the bill. I've seen it in some cases...where not all children in a fam are abused but one or two are particularly singled out for some reason.
The fam have their reasons for not going around publicizing this case. I don't know if I would either. A lot of guilt and all sorts of emotions could come into play.

ITA! At first I wasn't that surprised -- I know my own reaction when I saw here that she had been identified. I thought, they can't possibly mean that she's actually been identified, I wonder what that's about. So at first I figured the media was as flabbergasted as I was. Now I can only assume they are waiting on an official announcement from the FBI. Still, it is astonishing that someone like David Lohr hasn't picked up on the story.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I think we have to give it a few days for the media attention. Matt was given the 1st exclusive rights to announce it. There were other agencies involved from what I've heard; so it may be a few days.

I wonder if Suzanne's mother insisted all along she had never committed the minor crime that sent her to jail. My gut feeling is Floyd could have framed her for it, which would have given him more time to leave with the children.

Here's hoping Suzanne's brother's story will end like Marx Barnes, who was taken by his mother and left at an orphanage with an altered birth certificate. I wish so badly for him to be okay.

Hopefully the family will release more information about what happened. I can not even imagine how they're feeling after finding out there was a book written about their daughter/sister.. We do not know if they saw the book when it came out & if they got an eerie feeling when seeing the cover. Could be they did not see it & they are dealing with their emotions over that.

As for her brother; I do hope that agents have already taken the information; that he is being added to NamUs as well as NCMEC. My gut tells me he is entered but we can't see it yet. NCMEC holds a case up for months. My friend listed Helen Green in NamUs; since she was aged 13; NCMEC wanted to put their hands in it. Had we not made contact with someone higher up; Helen's profile and DNA would still be held up by them.

What I would do is try to ask the mods if a 2nd thread can be started for the brother; put it in the basement for now. We have a lot of member that do genealogy that should be able to access info on what his name is.

It would make no sense to me that Floyd would take Suzanne & her brother leaving the 2 older girls. I agree they probably were too old for him to reprogram; I assume they knew mom was serving time. Why take the boy unless he planned to raise him or knew someone that wanted a baby? Black & gray market adoptions were in full force back then; very easy to raise a child without having paperwork for them. Possible someone lost a male child that was similar age to Suzanne's brother. Just use the birth certificate for the deceased child. The families best bet would be doing DNA for genealogy with also doing the DNA adoption databases. If the family sees this; I would be happy to provide the info for you.

Where is Suzanne's paternal family? Her father could have also tried to file a police report; we do not know. There will be more to this where we find out or not.

I think we need to stay tuned for other agencies to report; would not surprise me if David Lohr will also do something.

Exactly, why do people keep skirting around the paternal family in all this? Were they not concerned? Did they look for Suzanne, did they know she was taken? Do they know now about her life and that she has been found? Why haven't they been mentioned in all this?

there is a guy saying he is Michael , look at the comments on Matts blog

Paternal family may not be involved for many reasons. No one is skirting it...there just aren't any concrete answers to give, only theories.

Ehhh I wouldn't put too much into comments on Matt's blog. Sounds like a cruel joke on someone's part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back