Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At least one of the two girls was younger. She was about 2-3 years old.

One of the other WS members found a lot of info on Suzanne's family. I cannot put specific names and dates here, but I can summarize.

Suzanne's mother was married in Michigan to Mr. Sevakis, and they were divorced in 1970 around the time Suzanne was born.
She returned to North Carolina, remarried, and had another daughter in 1972, and a son in April 1974. They lived in Lincoln County.
(we have been unable so far to find any info on the third daughter).

She married FD Floyd (who was using the alias Brandon Cleo Williams) in June of 1974. They lived in the Charlotte Mecklenberg area.

Here is a photo of Suzanne's father (Mr. Sevakis)

81861455-113b-4ea4-8ff0-85febf3fb14a.jpg

Yes and his recent pic even more so!

As I understand it, a female's paternal line cannot be determined through DNA testing because paternity test is performed via the Y-chromosome (which is only present in males). The only way a female's father can be determined is if she has a known brother who can be tested.

So how would a paternity test be possible (in general, like for child support) unless the purported dad had a son?

So how would a paternity test be possible (in general, like for child support) unless the purported dad had a son?

My daughters father was DNA tested and determined to be her father and I only had one daughter at that time.

As I understand it, a female's paternal line cannot be determined through DNA testing because paternity test is performed via the Y-chromosome (which is only present in males). The only way a female's father can be determined is if she has a known brother who can be tested.

I think my previous assumption was incorrect. As I now understand, they can determine paternity of a female child via a standard DNA test.

I just stumbled across this thread! I can't believe she's been identified! Why wasn't this publisized?!?!?!

At least one of the two girls was younger. She was about 2-3 years old.

One of the other WS members found a lot of info on Suzanne's family. I cannot put specific names and dates here, but I can summarize.

Suzanne's mother was married in Michigan to Mr. Sevakis, and they were divorced in 1970 around the time Suzanne was born.
She returned to North Carolina, remarried, and had another daughter in 1972, and a son in April 1974. They lived in Lincoln County.
(we have been unable so far to find any info on the third daughter).

She married FD Floyd (who was using the alias Brandon Cleo Williams) in June of 1974. They lived in the Charlotte Mecklenberg area.

Here is a photo of Suzanne's father (Mr. Sevakis)

81861455-113b-4ea4-8ff0-85febf3fb14a.jpg

So it would appear that Suzanne was the only child borne between her bio father and mother.

annemc2 i need to send you a pm but your mailbox is full

So it would appear that Suzanne was the only child borne between her bio father and mother.

Yes, that is what it appears. It appears that the other sister (whom we were previously unable to locate) was born in October of 1970, and had the same father as the other sister and brother. It looks like Suzanne was born in late 1969.

I was six years old and my 1 year old brother choked to death, I barely remember it , the only thing I remember was going to the gravesite, nothing else. So I can see how she wouldnt remember , Ive been scratching my head on that thinking 6 ?, wow she should remember ! BUT I DONT!

Yes, that is what it appears. It appears that the other sister (whom we were previously unable to locate) was born in October of 1970, and had the same father as the other sister and brother. It looks like Suzanne was born in late 1969.

thats really close together.

I have memories earlier than six. Like sitting in my high hair in front of the tv to watch the Wizard of Oz, getting my diaper changed and climbing out if my crib while wearing one of those blanket sleepers.

I have memories earlier than six. Like sitting in my high hair in front of the tv to watch the Wizard of Oz, getting my diaper changed and climbing out if my crib while wearing one of those blanket sleepers.

yeah I have other memories but that was pretty important, I actually just located his grave on find a grave, and I honestly forgot about it , no one in my Family really ever brought it up , I was just thinking a six year old really should remember , but I dont so she might not have remembered any of them. I dont even know where I was going with this ....long day and such :)

I don't remember anything before about 6 years old. Even then the memories I do have pretty vague. I have a Brother that is 3 years younger but I don't really remember much that included him until I was 7 or 8.

I might be an oddball though. My cousins remember all sorts of stuff.

I also wanted to mention that the brain suppresses painful / traumatic memories. It's likely that she didn't remember due to all of the trauma she suffered.

I also wanted to mention that the brain suppresses painful / traumatic memories. It's likely that she didn't remember due to all of the trauma she suffered.

We all have our memories reinforced in different ways throughout our lives. Talking about experiences and memories reminds us. So do tangible reminders like pictures and souvenirs, things you can see and touch. Other senses can play a role....you hear a song on the radio, or the sound of seagulls, or the smell of a campfire, or pine trees, and your mind flashes back on that trip to the beach, or summer camp, etc.

Suzanne had no one to talk to, probably no pictures or souvenirs, etc. She may have smelled a pie baking and had a "flash" of being at her grandmas or something. Memory is also very suggestible. And think about it - if you were six, and your parent did die in a car accident, unless you were there, how would you know? You'd be relying on people who told you about it. She was a smart girl and I don't doubt as she got older she wondered why there was no funeral if her mother had died, or why Floyd took her and not her siblings. I'm sure she knew something wasn't right but this was no doubt PTSD/Stockholm in the extreme.

I"n February, 1973, Floyd was arrested by the Atlanta Police Department for attempted kidnapping. At that time, he was on parole after serving time in a federal prison for bank robbery. Floyd failed to appear for trial. Federal authorities issued a warrant for his arrest as a parole violator.

Shortly after he became a fugitive, Floyd developed a relationship with Linda Williams. When they met, Linda Williams had a daughter named Sharon. In 1974, Floyd took Sharon with him after Linda Williams refused to marry him. During Sharon's childhood, Floyd and Sharon lived together as father and daughter in several states. Floyd used a variety of aliases to avoid arrest on the outstanding warrant."
Source:
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/81/1517/530048/

I mean, he was telling us the truth the whole time. Its so crazy. His alias is even there. I wonder if Linda was Suzanne's mother's "ALIAS". Honestly with her pregnancies close to divorces from other men and kids from different men, she sounds kinda "wild child".. back then.. Maybe somewhere in Floyd's warped mind he thought he was protecting the kids or he just couldnt handle taking care of them and had to leave, but like he said in the interview with Matt, Suzanne cried when he tried to leave her there, so he took her with him... he has been diagnosed with passive dependent personality, so that makes sense. He was dependent on her and NEEDED her. Another crazy twist, He did to Michael what he did to Suzanne...stepdad abducts kid...so crazy. He had to fill that need, as he was alone again and that was all that was left of Suzanne. I bet, in his very warped way, he loved her. Its the saddest story I have ever heard.

What's with the yellow border around every post? It looks awful.

I"n February, 1973, Floyd was arrested by the Atlanta Police Department for attempted kidnapping. At that time, he was on parole after serving time in a federal prison for bank robbery. Floyd failed to appear for trial. Federal authorities issued a warrant for his arrest as a parole violator.

Shortly after he became a fugitive, Floyd developed a relationship with Linda Williams. When they met, Linda Williams had a daughter named Sharon. In 1974, Floyd took Sharon with him after Linda Williams refused to marry him. During Sharon's childhood, Floyd and Sharon lived together as father and daughter in several states. Floyd used a variety of aliases to avoid arrest on the outstanding warrant."
Source:
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/81/1517/530048/

I mean, he was telling us the truth the whole time. Its so crazy. His alias is even there. I wonder if Linda was Suzanne's mother's "ALIAS". Honestly with her pregnancies close to divorces from other men and kids from different men, she sounds kinda "wild child".. back then.. Maybe somewhere in Floyd's warped mind he thought he was protecting the kids or he just couldnt handle taking care of them and had to leave, but like he said in the interview with Matt, Suzanne cried when he tried to leave her there, so he took her with him... he has been diagnosed with passive dependent personality, so that makes sense. He was dependent on her and NEEDED her. Another crazy twist, He did to Michael what he did to Suzanne...stepdad abducts kid...so crazy. He had to fill that need, as he was alone again and that was all that was left of Suzanne. I bet, in his very warped way, he loved her. Its the saddest story I have ever heard.

I'm not sure that your link has the facts straight, frankly. (ETA: What I should say instead, probably, is that the court document cited gives FDF's version of the story, from that time.)

I DO (as someone else mentioned) think it odd that he said "Sharon's" mother was named Linda Williams and he apparently used a Williams alias when marrying her (Suzanne/Sharon) mother. Yet...I don't think her mother's name was Linda...though I am not sure. An alias of hers, as you suggest? Just don't know.

I do think he gave some nuggets of truth from time to time.

Much of what you say, I agree with. I think, with whatever capacity he HAD to love, he probably did love her. And certainly he was dependent on her in many, many ways. I also think she loved him, to a degree -- and probably hated as well as feared him, too. After he took her, he was all she had, for a long time.

What's with the yellow border around every post? It looks awful.

Not sure -- just a design change, I think...? There is lots of yellow all over the site tonight. I did find it kinda jarring when I first logged in. I think I actually might like some aspects of it, though -- giving it a spin, LOL.

Not sure -- just a design change, I think...? There is lots of yellow all over the site tonight. I did find it kinda jarring when I first logged in. I think I actually might like some aspects of it, though -- giving it a spin, LOL.

I honestly was not sure if I was losing my mind. Glad some other people noticed it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back