Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
knowx has marriage and divorce records for North Carolina but I can't find anything for Franklin Floyd. I wonder if he used his real name? Could he have used someone elses id and name?

Upthread it's mentioned that he lied to the woman & was using an alias when they married. Typical Floyd, I suppose.

Suzanne's family is most likely still in shock-it is understandable why they would want privacy. The question is where is Suzanne's little brother and where is Michael?

Suzanne's family is most likely still in shock-it is understandable why they would want privacy. The question is where is Suzanne's little brother and where is Michael?

I think Michael is likely dead :( I can't see Floyd having the heart to keep him alive.

Its good to have some resolution in this sad old case. I hope they can talk him into revealing where Michael is located and Suzanne's brother if he is also missing, hopefully after which his short walk down the hall to the death chamber where justice is truly served and we can all wash our hands of this monster.

I agree Michael is most likely deceased. I believe in karma, and does Floyd have it coming in truckloads.

Yes, it would, but it would be too much of an invasion of privacy.

Not necessarily to invade the mother's privacy but it is interesting that Suzanne was placed in school under the last name Davis. So I'm just thinking out loud that you usually need shot records and all that to register a child in school. It's just all a mystery and you wonder how he got away with it and if it could help to ultimately find other children that are missing by knowing if this is a flaw in the school systems. Basically, it's intriguing to know if he married the mom under the name Davis and that's how he got away with it.

Upthread it's mentioned that he lied to the woman & was using an alias when they married. Typical Floyd, I suppose.

He used a fake name but she didn't...
I think Matt the author of the BC book on Suzanne will be a followup with all information and questions will be answered.

Also on the baby boy he stole along with Suzanne.
It would help to know his birth date and description.
He may have been left with someone and may be one of the children who wonders who they really are?

knowx has marriage and divorce records for North Carolina but I can't find anything for Franklin Floyd. I wonder if he used his real name? Could he have used someone elses id and name?

It's in the blog post

For those who read the book, you'll recall Floyd fled Florida in 1973. He ended up in North Carolina a year later using another alias

Not necessarily to invade the mother's privacy but it is interesting that Suzanne was placed in school under the last name Davis. So I'm just thinking out loud that you usually need shot records and all that to register a child in school. It's just all a mystery and you wonder how he got away with it and if it could help to ultimately find other children that are missing by knowing if this is a flaw in the school systems. Basically, it's intriguing to know if he married the mom under the name Davis and that's how he got away with it.

It would be great to know the alias he used........ I think he got away with it because the laws in the 70's were nothing like they are today. I don't believe any of these checks for missing children were law in the 70's.

I'm still amazed she was id'd. This was one case I honestly thought would not be solved. I am soooo glad I was wrong.

My heart is grieving for Suzanne's mother and siblings. I hope they find some solace in knowing how many people across the world were determined to bring her name back. It's really nice to see "Identified" in the prefix here.

Wow, just wow.

The girl/woman who used the aliases Sharon Marshall, Suzanne Davis, and Tonya Tadlock has finally been identified.

Her real name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis , and she was from North Carolina. Franklin Floyd fled with Suzanne while Suzanne's mother was serving a 30 day jail sentence.

Read More
http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog/finally

I am very happy to see a resolution in the case after all these years.

This little boy was found in Virginia in 1976.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9384

It appears that Floyd took Suzanne and the infant boy in 1975, so the timeline is close, but not quite right.

I don't see any infants found in 75.

It appears that Floyd took Suzanne and the infant boy in 1975, so the timeline is close, but not quite right.

Do we know if he was an infant? It says he was younger but he could have been pre school age is Suzanne was 6. Also, it doesn't say when the mother went to jail just that Floyd married her shortly after meeting the mom in 1975 and Suzanne attended school in Oklahoma in 76 if I'm remembering right.

I wonder if there were any unidentified baby boys found around that time...

Do we know if he was an infant? It says he was younger but he could have been pre school age is Suzanne was 6. Also, it doesn't say when the mother went to jail just that Floyd married her shortly after meeting the mom in 1975 and Suzanne attended school in Oklahoma in 76 if I'm remembering right.

Yes, Birkbeck describes the boy as an "infant"

I wonder if there were any unidentified baby boys found around that time...

I think Michael is likely dead :( I can't see Floyd having the heart to keep him alive.

I'm still in a state of dumbfoundedness about this. I'd read of this case decades ago and didn't feel like it could/would ever be solved. I looked at this thread and/or the one in "cold cases" earlier this week and had the same feeling, only stronger. Then, here it came out of the blue!

I know this may make me sound like a party-pooper, but this huge dose of "good news" and resolution made me wonder more about the "son" Michael Anthony Hughes.

First off, I wondered more about who he actually was. He wasn't Floyd's kid, so who is his father?

He may be a bad egg, but why would Floyd go through all of the trouble (kidnapping/hostage) to get him Michael back only to take him across the country and drowning him shortly thereafter? That took a lot of energy and audacity, plus it would put him in LE's sights.

Floyd had been so "good" at dodging them regarding his daughter for so long that it just doesn't make sense for him to have done something so brazen.

If I recall correctly, it was stated in the book that Michael's father is known to the authorities, and was unaware that he had a son until he was contacted by investigators.

I'm still in a state of dumbfoundedness about this. I'd read of this case decades ago and didn't feel like it could/would ever be solved. I looked at this thread and/or the one in "cold cases" earlier this week and had the same feeling, only stronger. Then, here it came out of the blue!

I know this may make me sound like a party-pooper, but this huge dose of "good news" and resolution made me wonder more about the "son" Michael Anthony Hughes.

First off, I wondered more about who he actually was. He wasn't Floyd's kid, so who is his father?

He may be a bad egg, but why would Floyd go through all of the trouble (kidnapping/hostage) to get him Michael back only to take him across the country and drowning him shortly thereafter? That took a lot of energy and audacity, plus it would put him in LE's sights.

Floyd had been so "good" at dodging them regarding his daughter for so long that it just doesn't make sense for him to have done something so brazen.

I wish I could find a post I saw a few months ago but I haven't been able to. It was either on Matt Birkbeck's blog or the A beautiful Child FB page where he posted there was something in the works but he couldn't say any more. I felt he knew they were close to an identification. Thankful they did!

I am so glad she was given her name back. I read A Beautiful Child after I found her case on Doe Network and Charley Project.
I am watching the ID channel right now and they have some of the story of Suzanne.. The show is called Motive and Murders.. It's about the girl in FL that Floyd murdered, Cheryl Comisso (sp) Frankin Floyd makes me sick.

Matt Birkbeck is actually on this segment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension
Back