Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so glad she was given her name back. I read A Beautiful Child after I found her case on Doe Network and Charley Project.
I am watching the ID channel right now and they have some of the story of Suzanne.. The show is called Motive and Murders.. It's about the girl in FL that Floyd murdered, Cheryl Comisso (sp) Frankin Floyd makes me sick.

Matt Birkbeck is actually on this segment.

For those of you who get the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel, "Motives and Murders - Cracking the Case - Identifying Remains" will air again on Thursday, October 16, at 6:00 PM. Pacific Time.

I saw Chaddylex's post, but I was only able to catch the last 10 minutes. I'll have to wait 2 weeks to see the whole episode.

Set your DVR's, folks. :)

For those of you who get the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel, "Motives and Murders - Cracking the Case - Identifying Remains" will air again on Thursday, October 16, at 6:00 PM. Pacific Time.

I saw Chaddylex's post, but I was only able to catch the last 10 minutes. I'll have to wait 2 weeks to see the whole episode.

Sharon was a small part of the episode but it was very good. I would love to see a special in Sharon/Suzanne and how her case was solved.

Thanks Carl for posting the name of the episode and when it will air again. I am typing from my phone, my laptop need charged. It's so hard looking up stuff on this phone.

I just happened to stumble upon the episode, I am hardly home to watch TV.
I find it kind of ironic that the episode aired today since Suzanne's/Sharon's identity was made to the public yesterday.

I am so grateful Suzanne has her name back and I hope her daughter gets to meet her family members when she's ready.

It's infuriating to think about the incredible disservice that was done to Suzanne's mother by LE, though. They refused to file charges against Floyd for taking the children, even though he abandoned two of them at a social services agency? (I assume if he left them there, he had relinquished legal rights to them.) Splitting up a family like that should have been an obvious sign that something was really wrong -- seriously, why did anyone think the kids would be better off with a stepdad who did this instead of a mother who had only committed a minor crime and was now intent on being there for her children?

I hope a NamUs profile will soon be posted for Suzanne's brother. "Infant" usually refers to anyone under a year old. I pray Floyd left him with a different social services agency and he grew up protected by a loving family.

How many other cases have remained unsolved for decades because someone refused to take a missing persons report?

As to Suzanne's last name. I found one suggestion on one search engine that the surname might possibly be Armenian.

suzanne does not look armenian i am half armenian armenian's have darker skin ( olive complexion dark hair noses are shaped like a hook ( if you have some armenian in you your nose could be hooked or not hooked) to me she does not look like she has any armenian in her at all i am also mixed with italian ( Sicilian) and Lithuanian i have very dark hair dark eyes and olive skin tone. but she could be of armenian decent and not look like it at all

How many other cases have remained unsolved for decades because someone refused to take a missing persons report?

As to Suzanne's last name. I found one suggestion on one search engine that the surname might possibly be Armenian.

I'm thinking more Scandinavian. It has that ring to it.

I was surprised by the Armenian suggestion on the search engine also. I was thinking Scandinavian too, blonde hair.

Sevakig was not Suzanne's last name as mentioned before. I figured out her last name but I am not going to share sorry. Please don't ask because it's against TOS. I will tell you it's not Scandinavian and I suspect that she got her beautiful blond hair and blue eyes from her maternal side of the family.

I am more interested in knowing if the infant was spared and dropped off also at a social service group. Also, if FDF is going to finally man up and say where he put Michael.

Sevakig was not Suzanne's last name as mentioned before. I figured out her last name but I am not going to share sorry. Please don't ask because it's against TOS. I will tell you it's not Scandinavian and I suspect that she got her beautiful blond hair and blue eyes from her maternal side of the family.

I am more interested in knowing if the infant was spared and dropped off also at a social service group. Also, if FDF is going to finally man up and say where he put Michael.

Hi Sleuthster,
I see a several websites, Wikipedia being one of them, listing her last name that way. Should someone propose making a notation that her last name is being kept private or something? The author of A Beautiful Child also has her name affirmed this way on his site. Or perhaps it's better to just let most folks think that's it and not have more people keep trying to find it out?

And I agree, I really want to know if he dropped the brother off, or sold him to some family. Or, if he is gone, let's help his mom find where he is buried.

I don't know why they are masking her name. I suspect that it is to preserve the family's privacy. Even so I think it is unprecedented that we have a pseudonym identifying a person on a solved unidentified person case. Nothing wrong with that I guess. But it's a first I believe lol

It does seem rather odd. Also ironic. Though I can totally understand why they'd want to do it.

I totally get it, too, but it's rather strange. Why not "Suzanne Marie Smith" or even Suzanne Marie "Smith". The Sevakig name is totally out of left field.

It goes against the very nature of WSers to let this one rest, but that's what I'm going to have to do. And thanks, Sleuthster (and others in the know) that are keeping it in the vault.

This whole thing still makes me want to cry - the tears are happier now, but still. Suzanne will always hold a special place in my heart.

I find it strange that if she is not Scandinavian, they would have a story in a Swedish paper.

Her surname (I know what it really is) is the same as my friend's husband (he is Greek).

She could be both. One on her father's side, one on her mother's.

Is it possible that Matt was given the wrong spelling on accident of Suzanne's real name and so it is just a spelling error on his blog, not a purposeful attempt to keep Suzanne's real name private? Just curious since I have seen the other spelling of her middle and last name listed in other places so it doesn't seem like it will stay private for long.

Regardless I am so glad she has finally been identified after all this time! I feel so bad for her family and hope Floyd tells what he did with her little brother since I believe he may still be alive and Floyd may have given him up for adoption or sold him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back