Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also provided a link to this thread - just in case they are still seeking clues. There is a lot of good information here, even if speculation. I'll keep ya' posted.

I've been studying the photo since the begining, and most of my observations have already been mentioned. I keep wondering about the photo itself. Who would carry around this picture and why?? I understand serial killers and such would take a pic like this, but would they actually carry it around with them? I would think they'd have their private stash somewhere and revisit it. Maybe the picture wasn't actually dropped there but placed. And if this woman was the victim of such a killer, wouldn't she already have been found (assuming she was killed in her home?) She may be long buried. Also I don't think the bed was actually the place she was shot/killed, as has been mentioned, the area (what we can actually see) looks too clean. I'm thinking she was picked up from the floor and placed on the bed since she's lying at an angle. One last question--have we discussed what the two marks on her arms might be and how they got there? I at first assumed finger marks from somebody that moved the body, now I'm not so sure.

One of the things that has puzzled me about this is a contradiction I see between some of her injuries. Her head injury looks very real to me. Even in the touched up picture I was fairly sure she had a bullet wound in the head and there was brain matter evident. However, the blood from her mouth and on her hand almost looks placed as if done by a makeup artist. Does anyone think there is a possiblity this is a posed photo of somesort. I think her pale lips, head position look very real to me yet I keep going back to those to bloody areas.

mjak

Two things came to my mind when looking at the picture (I don't have access to it anymore). One was that the bloody prints on her arm were from whoever killed her. Maybe when they placed her hand in that position they had blood (hers or theirs) on their hand. Maybe someone that has been able to enlarge it can see whether it could or couldn't be that. The other thing is an abrasion. Either from some type of rope or binding. Is there anyway they might be defensive wounds?

Since the place where the picture was left was sort of out of the way that maybe someone traveling left it. A truck driver, salesman, etc. The other possibility would be someone that lives in that town.

I really wish LE would give some more information (that is if they have any).

Posting the retouched image here. Let me know in this topic (my PM box is nearly full) if you want a copy of the un-retouched image. (Found in the article linked in the first post to this topic.)

unidentifiedwoman0607ep3.jpg

Thank you KatK. Yes, I would like you to pm a pic of the other photo.

Thanks.

I wish we had access to the real photograph. Both images we see are cropped. If you look at the wood in the retouched photo, you can see a lot more of it than you can in the unretouched photo. I wish the sheriff's office website would at least put some sort of explanation on the site as to why they have removed the picture. I think the marks on her arm are abrasions rather than finger marks. I think they occurred during the same event that caused the bruising on her forearm.

I wish we had access to the real photograph. Both images we see are cropped. If you look at the wood in the retouched photo, you can see a lot more of it than you can in the unretouched photo. I wish the sheriff's office website would at least put some sort of explanation on the site as to why they have removed the picture. I think the marks on her arm are abrasions rather than finger marks. I think they occurred during the same event that caused the bruising on her forearm.

I did get a reply - as soon as I hear back from the Sheriff again, I will post what I can. I wanted to make sure that I could share the info.

Thanks Jaded! I hope they understand that this case has become an obsession for some of us. We ultimately just want justice, and are willing to help in anyway possible. The last thing we would want to do is jeopardize the case or cause problems. I would be so happy to hear that someone came forward and identified this lady.

You all are awesome, but I didn't need to say that did I?

OK, I am going to throw this out here...what makes everyone so sure what is drapped over her is a robe? What if it is NOT a robe, and a top sheet? Couldn't it be?

What she is lying on is familair to me, like other posters. I belive it maybe a childs comforter.

I can't wait to find out what Jaded learns!

Yea, Jaded......I hope they at least let you tell us if we can stop looking, or if we can continue.....even if we are on the right track.

Yea, Jaded......I hope they at least let you tell us if we can stop looking, or if we can continue.....even if we are on the right track.

She is not from the US, so she will not be in any database here. She is Iraqi and she was a victim of homicide. I'll fill you in on the rest as soon as I hear back from the Sheriff. I'm really not sure why the news site posted the photo as they did -- seeking info on her, but I have posed this question, as well.

:waitasec: Surely they'd have immigration records on her? Perhaps even a passport photo on file? The problem would be knowing where to look, you'd have to know what city she entered the country from to start.

FYI

Post #151 on page 7 has the link to the original photo. The link still worked as of a few minutes ago.

Well kudo's to everyone that had already decided Middle Eastern heritage! I just hope she wasn't the victim of homicide by someone who is in the US military, and they had the photo, but accidentally dropped it. That would be really tragic and sad for all sorts of reasons.

I wasn't very clear on my last post.....I meant to say, I hope she wasn't killed in Iraq by someone in our military who kept the photo.

When I traveled to Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm they had many stores where you could purchase photos of deceased individuals....most of them were of combat fatalities but it was like no big deal for people to be selling them. Perhaps that is case here...

I wonder if anyone that lives in that town is in the military? I also wonder how they were able to determine that she was Iraqi? There obviously are some things about the picture and in the picture that we aren't privy to. Maybe the type of film that was used? Or maybe somewhere there is writing on the picture.

I know we mentioned someone in the military before and I hate to think that someone in our forces murdered this girl but it has happened. Remember the fourteen yr. old girl that was raped, murdered along with some of her family members?

Since she's Iraqi I'm not sure how much help we can be of now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back