Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't want this to turn into a political discussion, but I think you can judge a society by the way women, children, and animals are treated by the members of the society. That is one of the things that scares me about our society here in the US.....some of the things I read about here at WS and over at Huff's place make you fear for the thin fabric that seems to be holding our civilization together.

I didn't see anything political about that statement and I agree with you 100% percent.

Sorry, I wasn't saying anyone else had said anything political....my statement was more of a disclaimer on MY statement. It wasn't meant to be political either.

Don't be sorry. I knew what you meant. I was just stating that I didn't view it as a political statement either.

I hope they really have identified her. No matter where she is from, her family deserves to know the truth of her whereabouts...of course, unless her family could be involved. I hope and pray it isn't someone in our military who could have done this, but I realize it is possible. We do have a military base in OKC along the 1-35 corridor called Tinker Air Force Base. I am not aware of any Iraqi populations around here, but there are in NJ and many in Michigan.

I will admit I didn't see the middle eastern in her in this pic at all! Great job, Sleuthers! So it does explain the caftan with the specific design, too! (Maybe my grandmother's robes were made in the middle east after all, I just know all the older women had them here...I will still find out for my own reference.) I find the comforter rather odd for the middle east. Does this mean she was here possibly when she was killed?!

I wonder why they have her still up at the OSBI website then? Looking for more clues perhaps? I don't like it when they purposely deceive the public like they have. Makes me not trust them in the future! The request to find this 'gravely injured' person came from them and not from the news station.

We already knew they were decieving us when they said they "think she is injured." Yeah, right! So now I really think the robe is homemade and wasn't finished. And this could really be a very recent photo if it is from the middle east somewhere. I just wonder tho, if the sherriffs separtment KNOWS she Iraqi then how is it they don't know who she is? How in the world do they have the info they already have and not have it all?

Funny you guys all mentioned Eighties, because I was thinking those sheets looked very Miami Vice-period, which was around 1985.

They do look like they are from the past, but look what I found on the market today:

hotpinknu3.jpg

Concerning the robe: does anyone see how the design is in gold which looks kind of filled in or colored in with gold? Well does anyone else see the one design that is only partially filled in or colored in? It looks like this design may have been a pattern she or someone drew on or something and they were filling it in with the gold color and it didn't get finished. Was that about as clear as mud?! lol! I really noticed it when I turned the pic upside down and looked at it. Anybody else see what I see? Maybe the reason we can't find this robe is because it is actually from a home-made pattern?

I think the robe is a solid blue, the yoke area is a lighter mix of blue and white, with a design that contains swirls, some of which are filled in and some which are not.....I see stitches in the gold, and in the white outlines of the pattern. Honestly, I think it's machine done because of the preciseness of the stitches.

Is the design gold? I had thought it was green and thought that was odd, but when I saved the pic to favorites and opened it, I could see some gold. Also, are the leaves Acanthus as one poster mentioned? I thought the unfilled in design was some sort of flower outlined in the white with the leaves around it. I'd like to know what it is and if it's a unisex robe or female.

I agree about the pattern. I think it contains (on purpose) some areas which are filled in and some which are simply outlines of flowers or loops or whatever.

I think it is definitely a woman's robe, not a man's. The embroidery pattern might be considered unisex, but I don't think I've ever seen a man's collared velour robe that zipped up the front, with embroidery on the yoke, collar and arm.

I know the photo is cropped and thats frustrating. I feel like we would be able to see more of what she is laying on if we could see the whole picture. I wonder what they didn't want us to see?

It's so cropped that we can't even really tell if there is blood splatter on the bed or wood in the background. Much of blood splatter is tiny and scattered, so the fact that we aren't seeing it here doesn't mean that she was moved to this location. I'm thinking we probably are seeing half of the picture, maybe less.

Along that line, yes, but would have been much cheaper made and not full length.

Why would it have to be cheaper? and not full length? Did I miss something? Or are you just speculating based on gramma's robe?

She is not from the US, so she will not be in any database here. She is Iraqi and she was a victim of homicide. I'll fill you in on the rest as soon as I hear back from the Sheriff. I'm really not sure why the news site posted the photo as they did -- seeking info on her, but I have posed this question, as well.

Oh, I'm sorry, but I can't seem to help myself: TOLD YA'll SO!! (Sorry. I'm so bad.) Those thobes which that type of embroidery are popular there NOW. And the colors of the comforter, the fact that it is shiny, that's all popular over there right now.

Well kudo's to everyone that had already decided Middle Eastern heritage! I just hope she wasn't the victim of homicide by someone who is in the US military, and they had the photo, but accidentally dropped it. That would be really tragic and sad for all sorts of reasons.

Jacobean got that ball rolling. Once she noticed the threaded eyebrows, it was just simple logic from that point. Plus a small search of Islamic women's clothings showed the style of robe as current and readily available now, and when I started researching the sheets, one of the main suppliers of our "retro" look that is so popular today is smack dab in the center of the Middle East. Everything started to fall into "KISS"

I'm thinking she died in this country.

She'd be in a data base here if she was a citizen or even a resident alien. I'm afraid Reannan may be on the right track with her worrying that an American soldier may have dropped this photo.......I hope not, I hope not, but I'm worried about that, too.

This probably has nothing to do with this case as most of these women end up in other Middle Eastern countries. I just thought it was interesting.

http://www.irinnews.org/reporttest.aspx?ReportId=61903

This is nothing. There are cases of women who have been raped being flogged to death, strapped to the whipping post, because if they would have struggled more, they wouldn't have allowed themselves to be raped. Of mothers being condemned to be stoned to death. There are articles I've read that are so horrifying that I refuse to repeat them here, because I don't want anyone else to have the nightmares I've had.

Although the Quran seems to treat women with some degree of kindness, in most Islamic societies they are chattel. As valuable as a stray dog----and they aren't fond of dogs, either.

THIS woman, however, that photo ups the ante. You don't take a picture of the stray dog you just kicked to death if you didn't put some value on that dog----or on the great pleasure it gave you to kick it. That photo was snapped, IMO, by someone who has murdered before. I just can't see a first time murderer snapping a photo of his victim. Taking her bracelet, sure, but snapping a picture just seems more "mature" in his calling than that.

I'm wondering where this photo was taken. If it was taken in the middle east, and they know that, then why are they looking for info on her here? If this photo was taken here in the USA maybe they looking at it as a "hate crime" since she is an Iraqi.

We already knew they were decieving us when they said they "think she is injured." Yeah, right! So now I really think the robe is homemade and wasn't finished. And this could really be a very recent photo if it is from the middle east somewhere. I just wonder tho, if the sherriffs separtment KNOWS she Iraqi then how is it they don't know who she is? How in the world do they have the info they already have and not have it all?
Yes, I wondered about that, too. Are they maybe mistaken and going by the robe and the skin instead of actually 'knowing' she is Iraqi? Perhaps the reason the photo is cropped is due to Arabic writing on the bottom, as someone already mentioned tho.

Couldn't this have set off a whole international incident by posting that photo against the Geneva Convention treaty agreement by LE?! :eek:

I'm wondering where this photo was taken. If it was taken in the middle east, and they know that, then why are they looking for info on her here? If this photo was taken here in the USA maybe they looking at it as a "hate crime" since she is an Iraqi.

If it were a hate crime, she wouldn't be dressed and posed, IMO.

Even if they posed her in a degrading position? (in the bottom half of the picture?

Don't take that in a confrontational manner. I am just trying to learn all I can about what makes people think some murders are the work of a serial killer, first time murderer, boyfriend/husband, etc.

Even if they posed her in a degrading position? (in the bottom half of the picture?
Don't take that in a confrontational manner. I am just trying to learn all I can about what makes people think some murders are the work of a serial killer, first time murderer, boyfriend/husband, etc.

You know I never thought of that. This picture does appear to be cropped.

Oh, I didn't take it a confrontational manner at all! I had thought about that scenario myself, but never mentioned it because it is possible. I didn't want to think about it I guess. I suppose you are right if that was the pose they had her placed in or worse. I was just thinking along the lines of her being Iraqi.

There was something in the hair that worried me at first because it looked as if it was fixed into the scalp like some torture device (and seeing what appeared to be a wire running into the hair near the clip was only making it seem worse) but after careful consideration I think it was just a hair clip that was partly obscured by the hair.

There appears to be a string or stranded cord of some sort coming from the mouth. I do not know why it is there but the thoughts of the possibilities is not pleasant.

If the robe is middle eastern and the crime is related to morals from that part of the world then it is not terribly significant in pointing to the specific killer although it can indicate the crime might possibly be related to those of a certain heritage.

I dont want to jump to the conclusion of an honor killing because anyone can be the victim of the crime of murder regardless of heritage.

Having said that, it is allegedly (according to articles I read when researching the topic for a different case) not unheard of in honor killings for momentos of the honor killing to be sent back to the family. Sometimes it is body parts such as nose or ears, hands etc. Perhaps a picture had to suffice this time due to the long distance involved? Or then again this may have still been only a garden variety murder where the perp took a pic.

[QUOTE=docwho3;1566623]There was something in the hair that worried me at first because it looked as if it was fixed into the scalp like some torture device (and seeing what appeared to be a wire running into the hair near the clip was only making it seem worse) but after careful consideration I think it was just a hair clip that was partly obscured by the hair.
I don't see a hairclip. Can you be more specific?
There appears to be a string or stranded cord of some sort coming from the mouth. I do not know why it is there but the thoughts of the possibilities is not pleasant.
I think you may be seeing the whte threaded outline stiching on her robe in the background of her mouth
If the robe is middle eastern and the crime is related to morals from that part of the world then it is not terribly significant in pointing to the specific killer although it can indicate the crime might possibly be related to those of a certain heritage.

I dont want to jump to the conclusion of an honor killing because anyone can be the victim of the crime of murder regardless of heritage.

Having said that, it is allegedly (according to articles I read when researching the topic for a different case) not unheard of in honor killings for momentos of the honor killing to be sent back to the family. Sometimes it is body parts such as nose or ears, hands etc. Perhaps a picture had to suffice this time due to the long distance involved? Or then again this may have still been only a garden variety murder where the perp took a pic.[/QUOTE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back