Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Concerning the robe: does anyone see how the design is in gold which looks kind of filled in or colored in with gold? Well does anyone else see the one design that is only partially filled in or colored in? It looks like this design may have been a pattern she or someone drew on or something and they were filling it in with the gold color and it didn't get finished. Was that about as clear as mud?! lol! I really noticed it when I turned the pic upside down and looked at it. Anybody else see what I see? Maybe the reason we can't find this robe is because it is actually from a home-made pattern?

Is the design gold? I had thought it was green and thought that was odd, but when I saved the pic to favorites and opened it, I could see some gold. Also, are the leaves Acanthus as one poster mentioned? I thought the unfilled in design was some sort of flower outlined in the white with the leaves around it. I'd like to know what it is and if it's a unisex robe or female.

. . .I am curious about what Docwho3 meant in his comment:

"I suspect the robe is a sort of distraction. According to the impressions on her skin, at the arm (as they appear when the image is enlarged and slightly edited for contrast and gamma corrections), the robe was not what she was wearing just before the pic was taken. I think the "robe" was a late addition, perhaps added for the pic."

What impressions on her arm are you seeing? I have said in an earlier post that I am surprised she is clothed at all. The clothing is obviously staged, and I have to assume that there is significance to the choice of clothing.
Sorry for not answering more clearly and sooner.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/Doezz/armbig2b.jpg

There are also a few other details that I see in the pic but I do not want to post those yet as I think L.E. should have the chance to make use of the info (I figure they have software or other ways to enlarge a pic at least as good and probably better than mine and probably see details even better than I.)

Also: This image is somewhat similar (although not exactly the same) in blue color and pose of subject and hair style to the one OSBI found although I do not know if that just means that I noticed what seems like posing going on or if the resemblance was intentional. (I do not have a favorite theory yet since there is too little info available.)
http://www.news-bulletin.com/news/34978-10312.jpg

Let's try to find some common ground to start with now and work our way out from there.

*I don't think there is anything, but a common female's robe/housecoat there for us to dwell on, IMO. It isn't rare or unusual in the design or the materials used to make it.

*The lack of blood stain or matter could be simple...she was in the robe, but was covered up with a blanket or something...so he just removed it. Or it was stained on the back of the robe and since we aren't seeing the site of the wound or exit, if there is one, and cannot conclusively say if it is matter or coagulation mixed within the hair. (I just watched Dr. Lee's re-inactment on testing his own blood for timed coagulation and it looks very similiar.) She could have been knocked in the head or anything. We don't know. Another thing is with the color of the robe in this photo, blood could have absorbed into the velour and not changed it dramatically from a poor quality photo standpoint. It is possible he redressed her or dressed her, but this would have disturbed the blood more, wouldn't it? So here we have our first set of unknowns, but we can agree she is deceased by some unknown cause. (Also meaning the OSBI intentionally mislead the public and the McClaine County Sheriff's Dept. didn't get the memo. Great detective work, KatK!)

*However, I haven't found a single drop on the bedding or the wood. has anyone else seen any indication of that? (I believe the bright pink on the left bottom corner is a pink flower with small petals such as a hydrangia or similar. It seems to have flecks of white mixed in to resemble such so would be part of the overall piece of the pattern on the cloth and not splatter.) So to think she was put there afterward would be a logical assumption meaning staged.

*Docwho3 might have a good point about it being somewhat artistic, but I am not sure we could begin to apply that to such a photo or a profile of this perp. He is a sick, demented person to do this and photograph it in the first place. I do think it is a trophy of some kind in his warped mind and I think maybe we could agree on this point. It could be a "hit photo" for proof, but the ones I have heard about are taken with the gore intact and not staged afterward. (Still, this all really gives me cold chills about this poor girl and how coldblooded, methodical, and really evil he is.)

*Other things point to staging as she must have been turned or posed to this position because of the blood flow towards the right side of the face then turning towards the chin area. He at least moved her head facing the other way, but could have been smeared toward the chin and the smears on her arm also indicate he moved her, IMO. I still see a considerable bruise/discoloration on her arm from the elbow up towards the hand and coming around the muscle area. It looks like it could be from someone grabbing her with lots of pressure from the front, but it could be the result of blood pooling in the area if the arm were in a down position for a time after her death. (If I have listened to Dr. Lee's, Dr. Perper's and other forensic explanations carefully.)

*I noticed the white cord like or plastic long piece in the first revised photo because it was out of place in her hair. It would make sense it once restrained her where we once figured it was used to strangle her and now we have the other photo which seems to negate that. I am not seeing where there are any visible ligature marks either on her wrist or her neck area tho, so is it possible it was around her ankles at some point? Then it would be reasonable for us to agree she wasn't with him of her own free will and was being restrained indicating an abduction at some point.

*The photo does look "incomplete" like LE cropped it or the perp did.

**These I think are all points we can agree on, yes? (OK, I know some won't agree about the robe or even the possible timing *80s/90s. <shrugs> so we won't include those for now.)

Female.
Reddish/Auburn hair.
Late teens/mid 20s.
Unknown cause of death.
Unknown crime scene.
Staged/posed/cropped scene.
Photo for trophy.
Abducted.
Photo found outside a remote gas station near Purcell, OK. 4 + miles from Interstate 35.

These points can give a direction towards known perps with similiar MOs to research.

Franklin D. Lloyd serving currently on death row so could not have been at the scene where photo was found during the time frame. Was known to take photos then place them between the gas tank and frame of car underneath tho.

Tara Calico's abductor: Unknown. Left various photos to be found: One of girl and boy in duct tape and bound. Other photos which I don't think were ever released, but LE has recovered from a gas station and residential construction site and are believed to be Tara. (Were there other sites and photos released?)

Do we know of any more cases similiar to this?

I agree with your description of the girl's age and everything except I believe the design on the robe is fairly unique. If the robe and comforter could be found, then we'd know a possible time frame. What do you make of the wound on the thumb area and do you believe the area around the mouth is blood and not a wound? I can't make out what the paler area is that is going down the cheek. If it's an abrasion or blood drops, it's not very red. It's very faint. I wondered if it could be a mild abrasion that never had a chance to get redder or inflamed since the girl was deceased. I thought that the thumb/hand area was a wound and that it could have been caused from the victim herself clenching her fists so hard that her nails caused injury. Perhaps due to severe pain.
Let's try to find some common ground to start with now and work our way out from there.

*I don't think there is anything, but a common female's robe/housecoat there for us to dwell on, IMO. It isn't rare or unusual in the design or the materials used to make it.

*The lack of blood stain or matter could be simple...she was in the robe, but was covered up with a blanket or something...so he just removed it. Or it was stained on the back of the robe and since we aren't seeing the site of the wound or exit, if there is one, and cannot conclusively say if it is matter or coagulation mixed within the hair. (I just watched Dr. Lee's re-inactment on testing his own blood for timed coagulation and it looks very similiar.) She could have been knocked in the head or anything. We don't know. Another thing is with the color of the robe in this photo, blood could have absorbed into the velour and not changed it dramatically from a poor quality photo standpoint. It is possible he redressed her or dressed her, but this would have disturbed the blood more, wouldn't it? So here we have our first set of unknowns, but we can agree she is deceased by some unknown cause. (Also meaning the OSBI intentionally mislead the public and the McClaine County Sheriff's Dept. didn't get the memo. Great detective work, KatK!)

*However, I haven't found a single drop on the bedding or the wood. has anyone else seen any indication of that? (I believe the bright pink on the left bottom corner is a pink flower with small petals such as a hydrangia or similar. It seems to have flecks of white mixed in to resemble such so would be part of the overall piece of the pattern on the cloth and not splatter.) So to think she was put there afterward would be a logical assumption meaning staged.

*Docwho3 might have a good point about it being somewhat artistic, but I am not sure we could begin to apply that to such a photo or a profile of this perp. He is a sick, demented person to do this and photograph it in the first place. I do think it is a trophy of some kind in his warped mind and I think maybe we could agree on this point. It could be a "hit photo" for proof, but the ones I have heard about are taken with the gore intact and not staged afterward. (Still, this all really gives me cold chills about this poor girl and how coldblooded, methodical, and really evil he is.)

*Other things point to staging as she must have been turned or posed to this position because of the blood flow towards the right side of the face then turning towards the chin area. He at least moved her head facing the other way, but could have been smeared toward the chin and the smears on her arm also indicate he moved her, IMO. I still see a considerable bruise/discoloration on her arm from the elbow up towards the hand and coming around the muscle area. It looks like it could be from someone grabbing her with lots of pressure from the front, but it could be the result of blood pooling in the area if the arm were in a down position for a time after her death. (If I have listened to Dr. Lee's, Dr. Perper's and other forensic explanations carefully.)

*I noticed the white cord like or plastic long piece in the first revised photo because it was out of place in her hair. It would make sense it once restrained her where we once figured it was used to strangle her and now we have the other photo which seems to negate that. I am not seeing where there are any visible ligature marks either on her wrist or her neck area tho, so is it possible it was around her ankles at some point? Then it would be reasonable for us to agree she wasn't with him of her own free will and was being restrained indicating an abduction at some point.

*The photo does look "incomplete" like LE cropped it or the perp did.

**These I think are all points we can agree on, yes? (OK, I know some won't agree about the robe or even the possible timing *80s/90s. <shrugs> so we won't include those for now.)

Female.
Reddish/Auburn hair.
Late teens/mid 20s.
Unknown cause of death.
Unknown crime scene.
Staged/posed/cropped scene.
Photo for trophy.
Abducted.
Photo found outside a remote gas station near Purcell, OK. 4 + miles from Interstate 35.

These points can give a direction towards known perps with similiar MOs to research.

Franklin D. Lloyd serving currently on death row so could not have been at the scene where photo was found during the time frame. Was known to take photos then place them between the gas tank and frame of car underneath tho.

Tara Calico's abductor: Unknown. Left various photos to be found: One of girl and boy in duct tape and bound. Other photos which I don't think were ever released, but LE has recovered from a gas station and residential construction site and are believed to be Tara. (Were there other sites and photos released?)

Do we know of any more cases similiar to this?

I personally believe the blood coming from the mouth area could be attributed to what happens after certain types of death (Dr. Perper went through this in ANS's autopsy interviews), not the cause of death. The same with the blood near or on the hand area. It can be reasonably assumed that neither of those could cause death so it was from a mortal wound or other cause we cannot see.

I agree about the comforter and the robe, but I can almost guarantee the time period on both and just how common they were then. People aren't going to agree on this until we can find the exact or near enough to show them tho...and trust me...I have been researching it daily. In our area of the country, both were very common in the 80s-early 90s

Someone mentioned the comforter and it being around the Miami Vice era which would fit. The comforter colors and pattern lend itself to that time period.

On the original link with the picture, what was it listed under at McClaine County Sheriff's Dept? UID? Just wondering what details were given with the photo and I can't seem to find anything on their website with the picture or the details of it.

. . .*Docwho3 might have a good point about it being somewhat artistic, but I am not sure we could begin to apply that to such a photo or a profile of this perp. . .
I agree that it is too soon to adopt my "impressions" as theory. I mention the impressions as only possibilities for now. They were only first impressions and may well have been incorrect in some ways.

I am in the process of revamping some of my earlier thoughts on this case due to the fact that I think I have ID'd some relatively innocent part of the picture that at first seemed sinister to me.

On the original link with the picture, what was it listed under at McClaine County Sheriff's Dept? UID? Just wondering what details were given with the photo and I can't seem to find anything on their website with the picture or the details of it.
You would have to ask KatK. I never saw it on their site, just the link she posted to here. Someone said it had been removed. I found it originally on the tv station site locally and they got their photo off the OSBI website where it is still posted as far as I know, but only the retouched photo was ever posted with either one of them. It is on page one post one.

Just went to the Sheriff's site and picture has been removed. Interesting.
Last time I looked (a very little bit ago) the original pic was still on the server but you had to already know its address to see it because it is no longer part of any webpage we are allowed to see. I do not know about others but I am not posting the original entire pic anywhere until I know why L.E. removed their pic from the viewable webpage. I would not want to mess up any later court case against the bad guy when he is found.

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/8139092.html Found another article about it.

MCCLAIN COUNTY, Okla. -- Oklahoma state investigators are asking for your help in identifying a woman they believe is injured.
This photograph was found earlier this week just outside of Purcell in McClain County.
Authorities say the picture was lying beside a gas pump at a service station.
if Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation forensic artists touched-up the image for public release.
If you have any information, you're asked to call authorities.
They have used a smaller version of the retouched photo.

Last time I looked (a very little bit ago) the original pic was still on the server but you had to already know its address to see it because it is no longer part of any webpage we are allowed to see. I do not know about others but I am not posting the original entire pic anywhere until I know why L.E. removed their pic from the viewable webpage. I would not want to mess up any later court case against the bad guy when he is found.

I found the original pic on their server. I wonder why they pulled the photo? Was there an article on their site about the picture at all?

Yes, the article on the Sheriff's site re-iterated what was said in the first post here. The unretouched photo was there as well. I saved it, with the idea that it might be taken down at some point. (For all the webmaster knows, is morbid gawkers are looking at the image again and again, and getting a sick kick out of it.)

Yes, the article on the Sheriff's site re-iterated what was said in the first post here. The unretouched photo was there as well. I saved it, with the idea that it might be taken down at some point. (For all the webmaster knows, is morbid gawkers are looking at the image again and again, and getting a sick kick out of it.)

I emailed the Sheriff to ask if the case had been solved and if that's why the photo was taken down. *shrugs*

Thanks, Jaded! Good idea! I guess we could have just asked.

I have spent two hours tonite trying to find a robe like that. I am telling you they were so common no one saved them (or so comfy...wore them out!), but my Aunt or Mom might know where they used to buy them for their moms!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back