Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK...I have looked this over very carefully and have come up with a couple of things for you to take a look at. (I can't get the pics to load up here either or I would do that.)

In the black and white known photo of Tara...get the magnifier out and check out her left ear. (Unless it is reversed and it is actually the right one.) It attaches like the one in the unrevised pic. Also notice the little opening coming down between the lobe and the piece the ear above. (It is also easier to compare if you will vertically reverse the black n white photo.)

Then on the other known photo of Tara looking towards her left (colored photo) there appears to be a small freckle/mole on the right side of her chin which you can see clearly on the unrevised, but note she is wearing makeup in her colored photo which would naturally cover it a bit. Also there looks to be a freckle/mole in the same place on her neck as the unrevised pic.

I do notice a slight cleft on both photos.

I did this same comparison to Jennifer Kesse and others that were posted here. I didn't see any postive identifying marks (at least that I could figure out).

I noticed the same comparisons of the ear and the possible mole/freckle on her neck as SeriouslySearching. I cropped the pictures to focus in on those spots, and then enlarged them till the pixel differentiation was horrible, but I am fairly certain that there is a mole in the same location on the unidentified girl's neck as there is on the picture of Tara. I don't have to enlarge the pictures to see that the ears are very close comparisons. Besides the ear lobes, the ears are also placed generally the same distance between crown of head and chin in both pictures. I just keep going back to the apparent posed nature of the crime scene photo. I don't believe the bed she is laying on is where she was shot....I think we would see more blood splatter on the headboard and mattress....and on her robe. She could have been shot on a corner of the bed which is out of the picture, but I believe she was killed, cleaned up a bit, dressed in that robe (which also doesn't have any blood splatter on it), and then placed in that position for the photograph. The scary thing is, I don't belileve this would have been done by an angry husband, boyfriend, SO, or anyone else who was just pizzed off about something. This was done by a sadistic egocentric individual who was proud of his work. Now, we have to wonder why WE are seeing the picture NOW. I don't believe it was an accident. I hope he isn't getting all psyched up to add a new lady to his collection.

I think the reason the photo surfaced now is because it is the end game piece to LE after he found he can't terrorize her family with her parents both deceased. They don't have him and he had them all the way through. He IS a sick, demented person.

He will hopefully be caught in some other way without hurting anyone else. Would be nice to think a traffic violation or an eviction notice would turn up other evidence somewhere. Or even better...someone knows or suspects him enough to turn him in!

I noticed the same comparisons of the ear and the possible mole/freckle on her neck as SeriouslySearching. I cropped the pictures to focus in on those spots, and then enlarged them till the pixel differentiation was horrible, but I am fairly certain that there is a mole in the same location on the unidentified girl's neck as there is on the picture of Tara. I don't have to enlarge the pictures to see that the ears are very close comparisons. Besides the ear lobes, the ears are also placed generally the same distance between crown of head and chin in both pictures. I just keep going back to the apparent posed nature of the crime scene photo. I don't believe the bed she is laying on is where she was shot....I think we would see more blood splatter on the headboard and mattress....and on her robe. She could have been shot on a corner of the bed which is out of the picture, but I believe she was killed, cleaned up a bit, dressed in that robe (which also doesn't have any blood splatter on it), and then placed in that position for the photograph. The scary thing is, I don't belileve this would have been done by an angry husband, boyfriend, SO, or anyone else who was just pizzed off about something. This was done by a sadistic egocentric individual who was proud of his work. Now, we have to wonder why WE are seeing the picture NOW. I don't believe it was an accident. I hope he isn't getting all psyched up to add a new lady to his collection.

I also wondered about the blood spatter - there doesnt seem to be any on the wood part of the bed (or whatever it is...) so i think you're absolutely right. I've seen some awful things that people who supposedly love each other can do to one another and it pains me to think that a husband or bf could do this to someone, but then i see stuff about (just for example) honour killings and think if parents/ siblings can do things like ive seen to a female family member, im not convinced it couldnt be a significant other, but considering the pic exists i also lean more towards a sadistic serial.....

I've seen that type robe and comforter too, or something similar, and remember thinking that it would look too Summery for me to enjoy year round for a few years.
To me, the comforter looks like one of the ones you see in really cheap hotels or the ones that you can buy at Dollar General for just a few bucks that are as rough as sand paper and not very heavy. JMO

There was an article in our newspaper a month or so ago about a couple of women in town who offer this service (eyebrow threading)...this is in Pensacola Fl...not a big Middle Eastern population here...

Thank you, czech! You've proven that threading is widely available in USA. I was thinking it had to be only in larger markets, but Pensacola is more suburban than that......I think we can say "widely available."

If the robe were put on her after death, there'd be blood staining/smears on it. I think she was wearing it when she died, and she died in her own home, or in a place where she felt comfortable with the idea of being in a robe.

I totally agree with you here. I know posing a victim is common, especially with serial killers, but this poor girl has catastrophic injuries that caused her brains to literally be blown out. (sorry) That robe would surely be a mess if someone dressed her in that after her injuries.

I think there is a better chance the girl is more local. She doesn't look middle eastern to me at all.

I agree, Searching, that there is a better chance she is more local, and that the robe is of more local origination. However, Reannan has spent countless hours over several days looking for a similar garment in local markets, and had no luck. That's not to say it's not there! But I figured it was worth a shot to widen our research....and (how old is your gramma?? :blowkiss: ) I have a very similar robe from 1981---the year my oldest son was born--it's velour, it's got a little collar, it zips up, it's got embroidery on the chest area, BUT there is no embroidery on the arm. That is the one thing I've not seen in local (USA) market. And while velour robes are from an ancient market here, silk velvet thobes are popular NOW.

I am praying someone can come up with an exact match---wouldn't that be wonderful to narrow down the time line?

As to your comments about identifying her as Tara, I don't quite remember how it was done, but I've seen one of those forensics shows where they took a known x-ray of a victim and superimposed the x-ray of an unknown victim over it to make a match. If they can do that, maybe they could use an x-ray of Tara and superimpose this photo over to see if eye-sockets, jaw joint, etc. match up?

Great find on the robe picture kgeaux! I think we are getting closer, but I think the design on the robe is more Greek than Middle Eastern. It appears to be something like the Acanthus Leaf pattern used in a lot of Greek and Italian designs, whether the item is furniture or clothing.

I am curious about what Docwho3 meant in his comment:

"I suspect the robe is a sort of distraction. According to the impressions on her skin, at the arm (as they appear when the image is enlarged and slightly edited for contrast and gamma corrections), the robe was not what she was wearing just before the pic was taken. I think the "robe" was a late addition, perhaps added for the pic."

What impressions on her arm are you seeing? I have said in an earlier post that I am surprised she is clothed at all. The clothing is obviously staged, and I have to assume that there is significance to the choice of clothing.

Reannan, you are the one who got me started! All your research inspired me. Your comments about the greek aspect to the design is intriguing. I'll have to look up that pattern. I feel we are getting closer....at least I hope so. The thobe I found is actually "ARABIC." So I'll see what I get with greek!

I can't answer for doc, but I see a slight impression on her forearm.....it begins right at the smear of blood and continues down toward the lower right of the photo. It could conceivable have been made by the armband of another garment, OR it could be that her robe has elasticized wrists , OR it could be markings from a restraint. But doc's observation is valid, if she was dressed after death, then the robe is a distraction. It would serve to make us think she was in her home or a comfortable location, when the exact opposite could be true.

Thinking outside the box now, and trying to go with doc and concerned and others who have mentioned staging: Is the thought process something along the lines that the robe itself may have great significance to the killer? Maybe it was worn by his first victim? And now, as he kills others, he dresses them in death in the robe as a way or re-enacting the first murder?\\

I absolutely hate that I am trying to think like a murderer! I wish we had a profiler as a member of this board, because I betcha we could REALLY benefit.

I remember on another forum, during the Louisiana Serial Killer time, we had a professor of genetics and DNA who would post, and what a wealth of info she shared with us! We need some experts here!

I have it in my picture files if it is ok to post it here.

It's so graphic, Deb. I've got it saved, too. But I'd check with Tricia first before posting it.

Thanks for the article. I hadn't seen it It is dated 3-4-2004. It said "American Indian" and she had red or reddish brown hair. No clothes, no jewely no ID. Kinda sounds like our girl. But I'm sure they've already checked to see if that picture matches THAT body. Wouldn't you think?

It also said she died of possible strangulation, which would mean no damage to the skull. Our girl will have a massive head wound.

I still think the 'robe' is one from either WalMart or Kmart. And I also remember seeing the pattern of whatever it is that she's laying on -----but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I remember the pink and the green and a floral pattern of some type. I'm thinking this pattern was on material 10 or more years ago.

philamena, I was right where you are yesterday. Those colors! They have to be from the past, right? Then my 16 year old son's girlfriend passed by my computer and saw a cropped (thank God) area of the photo: just depicting the area of the comforter *?* underneath the arm and above the robe----and she blurted out "COOL! Retro! Old School!" so I did a search using those terms and guess what? Those colors ARE POPULAR TODAY. Just when I decide it has to be an old photo, I learn maybe not so much.

I have not found an exact match, but those colors are out there and there are even SHINY NYLON comforters with those colors!

OK...I have looked this over very carefully and have come up with a couple of things for you to take a look at. (I can't get the pics to load up here either or I would do that.)

In the black and white known photo of Tara...get the magnifier out and check out her left ear. (Unless it is reversed and it is actually the right one.) It attaches like the one in the unrevised pic. Also notice the little opening coming down between the lobe and the piece the ear above. (It is also easier to compare if you will vertically reverse the black n white photo.)

Then on the other known photo of Tara looking towards her left (colored photo) there appears to be a small freckle/mole on the right side of her chin which you can see clearly on the unrevised, but note she is wearing makeup in her colored photo which would naturally cover it a bit. Also there looks to be a freckle/mole in the same place on her neck as the unrevised pic.

I do notice a slight cleft on both photos.

I did this same comparison to Jennifer Kesse and others that were posted here. I didn't see any postive identifying marks (at least that I could figure out).

There are many similarities. Tara also has a small freckle, or tiny mole in the center of her neck, as does our girl. The ear, definite similarities. The tiny cleft, I can see it in both.

Definitely worth checking out.

I personally see differences in the nose, and in the forehead, but Searching, I have been wrong before and it is completely within the realm of possibilities that I am wrong this time.

Good catches. Good catches.

I feel funny even having the picture saved on my computer. That poor woman. I hope this can be solved and there will be justice for her.

I feel funny even having the picture saved on my computer. That poor woman. I hope this can be solved and there will be justice for her.

I know. It feels like such an invasion of her privacy, doesn't it? The only thing that makes it "okay" for me is that I know she is crying out for justice. She wants whoever did this to be held accountable. I look at her expression---to me it is of hopeless resignation---and I know she wanted to live, but had that desire beaten out of her. Someone HAS to pay.

Reannan WOW! That acanthus leaf pattern you mentioned....I've got to admit it had never crossed my mind--you are on target, girl.

acanthusqh7.jpg

I haven't found it on a robe, but the pattern really makes me stop and think.
How popular would that design have been on robes in USA? Would it appear on more expensive or cheaper clothing? Anybody know?

I agree with you SS. It is more likely, too. And, if she is dead as it seems from the photo she might be, I doubt her bf or husband killed her. It is not uncommon for serial killers to photo their victims just before or after the murder them and keep them as souvenirs and to relive their act for twisted pleasure. And, I think this is more likely. In any case I hope and pray that this case is solved, the perp faces justice, and she can be given back to her family.

Lion

Why can't the serial killer be a male black widow type? I saved the image to my hard drive as well. Ask here in the topic if you want a copy and I'll e-mail it to you. ETA: It's too graphic to post here, I can't look at it much at all, I have to get up my courage to open it. ETA2: I'm thinking of the notorious murderer who married his victim, robbed her blind, then mercilessly killed her after finding his next victim to marry then murder. I can't recall his name, but one family out there sought justice for over a decade. (I am not sure if they ever did get justice for their daughter either.)

Ironically, acananthus leaves symbolize long life according to some reading I have done while googling acanthus leaf robe.

I think she was naked and this robe was placed on her after she was killed, and I still think it's a mans robe. If not a mans then at least it's something from the 80's. Just my opinion, of course.

I've found that blue is the color of trancendence. Stained glass windows show Christ with the Father in heaven and both are wearing blue robes.

More on Acanthus symbolism:

TOMBSTONE SYMBOLS

by Shiloh Museum

Acanthus leaf Gardens of Heaven

http://www.rootsweb.com/~arwcags/TomstoneSymbols.htm

This is assuming the robe was added as part of the staging of the scene in the photo.

In all honesty I think we may be reading too much into some things than we need to. The robe is probably just a robe, and maybe HIS robe at that. She looks to me like she maybe had been in bed sleeping or at least been in bed for awhile when this happened. Her hair has that "scooted around on the pillow" during sleep look and it doesn't look like it had been brushed for this picture. Of course everyone has their own thoughts about all of this and theses are just mine. One thing I try to remember is the "kiss" principle. Most murders are exactly what they seem.

. . .doc and concerned and others who have mentioned staging: Is the thought process something along the lines that the robe itself may have great significance to the killer? . . .
I don't know that he would or would not have any special reason for using the garment other than it may be convenient to get that garment on and off a victim body and might make his picture taking easier.

The blue color may(or may not) have some significance if the victim is one of those missing persons recently spoken of who had a missing person pic that showed her wearing a blue top (although not the exact same top as we see in our own pic of the unknown victim.) And also there are possible "artistic" reasons as I pointed out before (I hate to use the term "artistic" in connection with a murder but could not think of a better description for the time being.) Mostly though I think it was just easier to put a loose garment of that type on a body. There are some dried fluid stains showing on the face so I think he may have waited until the fluids dried to add the blue garment but, on the other hand, he could have easly put the garment on her just prior to killing her. It is hard to tell if there is any blood on the garment because of the limited angle and limited scope of the pic.

In all honesty I think we may be reading too much into some things than we need to. The robe is probably just a robe, and maybe HIS robe at that. She looks to me like she maybe had been in bed sleeping or at least been in bed for awhile when this happened. Her hair has that "scooted around on the pillow" during sleep look and it doesn't look like it had been brushed for this picture. Of course everyone has their own thoughts about all of this and theses are just mine. One thing I try to remember is the "kiss" principle. Most murders are exactly what they seem.

I agree.

You all are probably right that the robe is just a robe that was handy or she was wearing it when she died. Just exploring some possibilties of the design and color having meaning to the killer and the robe representing something in his mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back