GUILTY OK - Patrick Misner for raping 4yo girl, Sapulpa, 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps since it's a judge they will allow a remote testimony, (so that K isn't in the room)
If K even has to testify at all...
I hope that is a possibility if she does have to testify. :please:

In one way his only hope is to use K (the defense) but its a two edged sword, it could swing sympathy all the way to K and leave the defense hanging. I don't think I would use her, I would use the bumbling LE who did the first arrest.

I know I'm not the only one who strongly felt Tommy was innocent.
We have good instincts here at Websleuths. :seeya:

I just have to say, I am also still so unbelievably impressed with Tommy's wife.
She is amazing to have gone through this, supported and believed in Tommy...
as well as taking care of the 3 kids!

This is a very lucky family, Nana raised a great daughter there.
I'm so grateful K survived her ordeal to become a big sister again.

Now, we just need to get her justice. Put this guy away for life. :please:

Yes ma'am, every word of this!

update: Debi's and Tommy's lawyer filed a law suit against the creek co sheriff dept. all I can say about that though But it will be on new's I just wrote on the search box Tommy Braden sues Creek co. and that brought it up so you guy's can go there if you want to keep up in case I don't get back on for a while.... Thank you all again

The complaint alleges that in his “zeal” to put Braden behind bars, Davis “wrongfully targeted and arrested an innocent man and accused him of committing the most heinous of crimes against a child (the) plaintiff had raised as his own.”

-------------------

The complaint alleges that Davis and Underwood “were determined to arrest and prosecute” Braden and that the defendants “continually and recklessly refused to conduct any DNA testing, asserting it would be a waste of taxpayer dollars.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/communiti...cle_8c27db72-3b74-11e3-8326-0019bb30f31a.html

The complaint alleges that in his “zeal” to put Braden behind bars, Davis “wrongfully targeted and arrested an innocent man and accused him of committing the most heinous of crimes against a child (the) plaintiff had raised as his own.”

-------------------

The complaint alleges that Davis and Underwood “were determined to arrest and prosecute” Braden and that the defendants “continually and recklessly refused to conduct any DNA testing, asserting it would be a waste of taxpayer dollars.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/communiti...cle_8c27db72-3b74-11e3-8326-0019bb30f31a.html

It is about time they get some comeuppance. Not testing the DNA was mind boggling stupidity and hubris and bad policework designed to destroy a family.

It reminds me of a story in the Innocence Project where they had DNA and had gone to a judge to get permission to test for a lifer they believed was innocent. I think it was vermont or virginia but whichever state had a law that after so many years the evidence could not be revisited. So the judge asked the pitbull of a lady prosecutor what she thought of the finding in a state right next door to them that cleared a man of a crime through DNA years later. Her answer "it would not have happened because we wouldn't allow testing and that is the case here"

I was gobsmacked that someone meant to be for justice saw nothing wrong with this. Luckily the judge did and allowed the testing clearing another innocent man.

When you google Tommy's name now MOST of the results are about his INNOCENCE.
I am at least grateful for that.

There are companies that go through and improve your search results online.
However, I do hope that someone offers to help him clear his name further. :twocents:

Man Accused Of Raping 4-Year-Old Appears In Creek County Courtroom

----------------------------

Court records show the girl's pajamas had been ripped, and a night light in her room had been loosened so it wouldn't shine any light.

-----------------------------

The girl is now 6 years old and her family said she's doing much better but still has nightmares and is afraid of the dark.

---------------------------

He will be in court on Jan. 9 for a non-jury trial.

http://wnow.worldnow.com/story/2426...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Court is next Thursday. This pass week has been very hard on Tommy and Debi they are dreading on hearing everything that patrick did to their daughter, yet so ready for this to be over. They both have in the past been able to not talk about it and if they did they could just shut it down by saying they don't want to talk about it and that is the way they have handled it so far. They both did not go to all the court days some times because they were to busy trying to get all the things that they were trying to do done. and then the other times that Debi went she really had a hard time dealing with all the anger and emotions looking at him and knowing what he did to her baby. now it has come to the time that they can not shut it down and they will hear stright from him everything that he done to our baby. My husband is not going we feel that it would be in best for all that he is not there to hear any of it. he has been having trouble with chest pains and can not stand to even talk about it less on hear it from the one who did it to our sweet baby. Kd knows pretty much whats going on her therapists told Debi that if she asked anything about it to explain to her what is going on. And for our daughter not to try to hide anything from KD. Because Debi has a hard time sometime when she looks at kd she just has flash backs of that day and tears will just come to her eyes and Kd asked her why she was crying and if she was alright and our daughter would tell her she was fine. But the therapists told Debi to share with Kd how she feels because it helps kd to understand. I told her about you all and how angry it made people that he would do this to a child but I also told her that nobody knew who she was. she was amazed at people who did not know her would care. I must admit when I first came on I felt the sameway. but all of you have been awesome to me and my familey and at this time I would just like to thank you all for your prayers and surrport. and just understanding my rants sometimes. please keep us all in your prayers to make though this time.

Thank you nana, for continuing to keep us up to date. I am glad kd's therapist is working with her and also with your daughter to help guide her in how she approaches things with babygirl. I really think it would benefit your daughter to have a professional to talk to about how to deal with her own feelings and heartache over what has happened. If she is not talking to someone yet, I sure do hope she will consider it at some point. She has been traumatized as has your whole family. There will be a lot of feelings for everyone to work through. Some will have a tougher time than others.

We will all be thinking of your family next week as you face the next hard step in getting through this part.

So glad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel here...
But this ENRAGED me. :banghead:

01/06/2014 SUBPOENA TO *KD* RETURNED SERVED ON 1-2-14 BY CREEK COUNTY DA'S OFFICE.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=019-&casekey=019-CF++1200306

I absolutely HATE that they are going to make her testify!
The ONLY goal in that is try and get her to say it was someone else and traumatize the hell out of her! :furious:

We had court and well it seems strange the way it went.... It was very very hard to hear the things we heard. was really glad to have it over with. I just don't feel right about some things it really makes me wonder if he is really going to get whats coming to him. I do want everyone to know that if he does not get life with out parole with all the evidence against patrick if it comes back any other way I would have to say that the whole creek co. LF has again failed our grand daughter. the Judge was out only 15 minutes and came back with a guilty verdict. patrick sit right in front of the family and they allowed him to look at pictures of our grand daughter of her injuries and that was hard to take. watching him look at her made me so angry and sick. His defense was he did it but it wasn't him it was someone else. there are news reports and news paper write ups on the verdict and chan 6 did a interveiw with Debi.

I just wanted to come back and update all of you.... Patrick will serve 30 years in prison and have to serve 85 percent of his time before going up for parole but the parole officer recommended that he not ever have parole for he is a threat to the public that was on count 1 of first degree burglary and will serve 33 1/2 years on the charge of 1st degree rape. with 85 percent to be served before parole. We were told he would be in his late 80"s or early 90's before he gets out. I do believe that the DA in this case did a very good job and she got our baby girl justice and for that we are grateful. again thank you all for your prayers....

I just wanted to come back and update all of you.... Patrick will serve 30 years in prison and have to serve 85 percent of his time before going up for parole but the parole officer recommended that he not ever have parole for he is a threat to the public that was on count 1 of first degree burglary and will serve 33 1/2 years on the charge of 1st degree rape. with 85 percent to be served before parole. We were told he would be in his late 80"s or early 90's before he gets out. I do believe that the DA in this case did a very good job and she got our baby girl justice and for that we are grateful. again thank you all for your prayers....

((((((Hugs)))))))

I'm thrilled that monster is behind bars where he belongs.

I hope the sentence has brought you some measure of peace and you can start to only look forward, not back. Don't allow that worthless piece of poo to steal another minute from you by wasting it thinking about him. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nana :blowkiss:

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I'm praying for your sweet baby girl and all of you who love her so.

....and may this rot in prison for the rest of his miserable days, he deserves nothing less than the DP , you dont mess with children, dogs or the elderly, he did two out of three he NEVER deserves to be out!!!!!!

I just read this whole thread!
So glad that it turned out this way...
One quick ?
Did Tommy win the lawsuit?
Thanks

that was a welcome update nana, and the next update I look forward to hearing that CPS has gotten their hinies out of the picture and that your granddaughter's little family is rebuilding their lives without all the overbearing and intrusive involvement from outside agencies that began with this case.

It felt almost like Tommy continued to be persecuted and through him your daughter long after the real supsect had been identified and charged. I will never understand why.

Thank you all for your comments and concerns.... creek co DHS has dropped this case as of last July. Debi and Tommy are moving on Tommy is working now and they have moved to Tulsa to start their new life. they are struggling but are just happy not to have someone breathing down their necks, Yes it is very unfair but it did not break them like some would of liked it to do. The law suit has been filed against creek co. I believe that creek co has been served papers but as of yet there has not been a court date set. Kd has passed into the first grade making M's and S's which is very good. Her teacher loves her and all the kids like her she has very many friends. she still has night mares and out burst of crying and yelling but that is very understandable. but for the most part she is very well behaved. her brother whom is now four years old still does not talk much. Debi and Tommy were told that it was more then likely from everything that he has gone though and that he has just shut himself in:seeya:. and that hopfully when he starts to feel like its safe to open back up then he will just start talking like he should. their baby is starting to take steps and is jabbering away. doing very good. this little family is getting ready for one more baby, ( a welcomed surprise, KD is so excited she wants a baby sister.) after this ones born Debi said she is done and she is getting something done. well I guess that pretty much covers it for now. as soon as I hear anything new I will be back to update you. thanks so much for everything.

Thank you so much for the welcome updates, Nana. We love to hear how things are going. I am so thrilled to hear that the family is starting a new, improved life. My hearts go out to all of them, especially sweet girl, and to you. :heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T
Back