OK OK - Peggy McGuire, 28, Eufaula, 16 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;674284702572740615]https://twitter.com/CaseyRoebuck/status/674284702572740615[/video]

Search crews continue to look for clues as to the whereabouts of missing McIntosh County woman

STIDAM, Okla. – The search for a young mother from McIntosh County became official Tuesday morning, when OSBI and other agencies served search warrants at Peggy McGuire's home and property.

~Snip~

Peggy McGuire was last seen the morning of November 16 at a home in Stidham she shares with her live-in boyfriend and the couple's 8-year-old son.

~Snip~

OSBI Assist. Special Agent in Charge Jenny Virden says, "We are searching the properties surrounding her residents." [sic] residence.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...-whereabouts-of-missing-mcintosh-county-woman

FINALLY!! Why on earth did they wait so long to say she was last seen at her house?! And why didn't LE let it be known they suspected foul play happened at her residence?! It is really upsetting to think her son has been there this whole time and his mother could be on the property.

bbm

STIDAM, Okla. – The search for a young mother from McIntosh County became official Tuesday morning, when OSBI and other agencies served search warrants at Peggy McGuire's home and property.

Peggy McGuire was last seen the morning of November 16 at a home in Stidham she shares with her live-in boyfriend and the couple's 8-year-old son.

OSBI Assist. Special Agent in Charge Jenny Virden says, "We are searching the properties surrounding her residents." [sic] residence.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...-whereabouts-of-missing-mcintosh-county-woman

FINALLY!! Why on earth did they wait so long to say she was last seen at her house?! And why didn't LE let it be known they suspected foul play happened at her residence?! It is really upsetting to think her son has been there this whole time and his mother could be on the property.
bbm

Oh finally! Hopefully next they will name a POI...

Tonight, they were looking for a freshly dug grave creating heat signatures seen from the air. I have seen this used on several cases. I don't know how successful of a tactic it is, but good they are using everything possible to find Peggy.

They haven't named a suspect yet, but they don't serve warrants on people without probable cause. I don't know what has taken them so long in getting enough to get the warrants, but they seem quite confident it is going to turn up either Peggy or more evidence. Maybe it was evidence left in her truck or cell phone pings dictating a closer look. Whatever it was...they need to make up for lost time.

Tonight, they were looking for a freshly dug grave creating heat signatures seen from the air. I have seen this used on several cases. I don't know how successful of a tactic it is, but good they are using everything possible to find Peggy.

They haven't named a suspect yet, but they don't serve warrants on people without probable cause. I don't know what has taken them so long in getting enough to get the warrants, but they seem quite confident it is going to turn up either Peggy or more evidence. Maybe it was evidence left in her truck or cell phone pings dictating a closer look. Whatever it was...they need to make up for lost time.

Does LE ever name suspects privately and not publicly? Or are they always public?

I agree that they need probable cause to serve warrants. I think they suspect someone whether they said it or not.

IMO

Does LE ever name suspects privately and not publicly? Or are they always public?

I agree that they need probable cause to serve warrants. I think they suspect someone whether they said it or not.

IMO

They name them when they want. If they feel it might pressure a POI into doing something they'll name them. Sometimes LE will wait until after the arrest. They do what is best for the situation. Without a lot of call for tips, normally they already have their eyes on someone already.

They name them when they want. If they feel it might pressure a POI into doing something they'll name them. Sometimes LE will wait until after the arrest. They do what is best for the situation. Without a lot of call for tips, normally they already have their eyes on someone already.
Maybe it had to do with her son possibly being at risk. It reminds me of Josh Powell.

No news on Peggy today. I was hoping with the gorgeous weather LE would find something. They have another day or so before it turns into a stormy mess.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449882066.446635.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449882078.268003.jpg

Candlelight vigil for Peggy tonight. I can't be there, so I have my candle lit and her on my mind.

#peggymcguire

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

View attachment 85646View attachment 85647

Candlelight vigil for Peggy tonight. I can't be there, so I have my candle lit and her on my mind.

#peggymcguire

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
I have my candle lit, too. Come home, Peggy. I can see you are much loved and missed. :rose:

The rain is moving in and it will be tougher to search this weekend. Any word on if they are still out searching on the property?

I live very close to Eufaula and have family that lives near the area where her truck was dropped off. I don't personally know Peggy but we have several friends in common. Such a sad and scary situation. Lots of friends out posting flyers and searching different areas but it's very overwhelming without any real info, a place to start etc.. This is a very rural area, lots of wooded areas, acres and acres of farms, etc not to mention the huge Eufaula lake and all of the campsites, etc.. hard to search areas. I'm praying hard they find her soon. Her poor family. I just
can't imagine.

Thanks so much, Faith, for filling in some gaps and giving us information that only a local person can. It means so much to have someone on the forum who knows the "little things" and the big things about an area and its people.

And no, this doesn't sound good, and it scares me.

Huffing & puffing to catch up... just got here late Friday night. (I'm already expecting bad news...)

Does anyone know if her boyfriend is the father of her son? Hoping that if the news is bad that her son will have one parent...

It has barely been mentioned, but is TJ's Ice House an okay place for a single (by that I mean by herself) woman to go? Would that be why the truck was parked where it was -- that Peggy frequented the Ice House, perhaps? Does anyone know? It just snagged my attention when it was mentioned.

Oh there's even more than that to be furious about concerning this whole sad situation :banghead::banghead::mad: i won't get into all of thaand hurting family, trying to organize searches with no leads, out everywhere, woods, around ponds, the huge lake, begging for help from the community to help search, trying to raise money for a private investigator, because of the lack of support and communication from law enforcement, is just disheartening to say the least. This case needs national media attention..and quickly..if anyone has any ideas or ways to help accomplish that, this family and whole community would be grateful.

Ummpppfff. Not good. Is local LE overwhelmed at this busy time of year? I assume that they have a small staff of people and may be spread pretty thin. The OSBI coming in to help is a good thing, plus their resources for on-the-ground investigation and evidence investigation are certainly very good and better staffed, I'd guess.

I just had a little <chill>. Don't like this...

Does anyone know if her boyfriend is the father of her son? Hoping that if the news is bad that her son will have one parent...

Yes, her boyfriend is the father of her son. I believe this can be confirmed through MSM.

It has barely been mentioned, but is TJ's Ice House an okay place for a single (by that I mean by herself) woman to go? Would that be why the truck was parked where it was -- that Peggy frequented the Ice House, perhaps? Does anyone know? It just snagged my attention when it was mentioned.

I think I remember her mother saying that she did not drink, but I can't remember for sure. TJ's Ice house is a pretty small bar.

Regardless, most people involved in the case, the mother included, do not think Peggy left the car at TJ's. Most believe it was someone else.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMP2816
Back