OK OK - Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, Anadarko, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Couple of observations: Pastor Carol Daniels 61 found murdered inside her church, 8/24/09(Incorrect date)

August 23, 2009 was a Sunday...Pastor was murdered 08/23/2009.. Her body was discovered around noon Sunday, Aug. 23, 2009.
August 24, 2009 the Anadarko Daily News; the local newspaper burned to the ground. Origination of the Fire was determined to be the Bar next door..

FIRE DESTROYS ANADARKO DAILY NEWS
http://www.okpress.com/Websites/okpress/Files/Content/578422/September09Publisher.pdf

The perp wasn't caught on the security of the convenience store that caught the Pastor entering the Church that Sunday morning.. If the perp entered under the cloak of darkness and lay in wait for her. The camera should have caught him leaving, unless he had scouted the church prior for nearby security cameras..

The above date on the Fire at the Anadarko Daily News was also inaccurate: "IMO, it was possibly torched as a distraction from the Pastor's murder 3 blocks away....

http://newsok.com/anadarko-daily-ne...article/3394931?custom_click=lead_story_photo

Anadarko Daily News editor Carolyn McBride watches newsroom burn
Aaron Crespo • Published: August 23, 2009
ANADARKO — Carolyn McBride stood near the back of her family’s business on Saturday and watched it burn.
McBride, editor of the Anadarko Daily News, said the newsprint at her family’s paper was the last thing to burn as crews worked to put out the fire that destroyed her business and a neighboring bar in downtown Anadarko.

Investigations begin
Fire crews responded to the fire about 5 a.m. to fight the flames, which destroyed the Tornado Alley Bar and the Anadarko Daily News office, according to a release sent by the Anadarko Police Department. McBride said it started in the bar and spread.
Paul Hinchey, Anadarko’s assistant fire chief, said the fire was mostly out by 8:30 a.m. A cause of the fire has not been determined, and the state fire marshal has been called in to investigate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80E7uAoKUk"]Witness Comes Forward In Pastor's Slaying - YouTube[/ame]

Witness Comes Forward In Pastor's Slaying

Robert Robinson; witness who saw the perp leave the Church says that he had warned Pastor Carol Daniels about a stalker..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hz942VIAdc"]Knife Found Near Anadarko Church - YouTube[/ame]

Knife Found Near Anadarko Church

Those clips were from around 11 days after the murder. I think the old guy that inserts himself into the case is just a nut. If he really saw a man in a ski mask whose clothes were covered in blood carrying a bloody knife, he would have said something at the time. Also the story seems to evolve into now the killer was carrying a silver knife dripping blood. Really unbelievable to me. I don't think he was the killer though because Carol was a big lady and I think she could fight off that old nutty guy.

Those clips were from around 11 days after the murder. I think the old guy that inserts himself into the case is just a nut. If he really saw a man in a ski mask whose clothes were covered in blood carrying a bloody knife, he would have said something at the time. Also the story seems to evolve into now the killer was carrying a silver knife dripping blood. Really unbelievable to me. I don't think he was the killer though because Carol was a big lady and I think she could fight off that old nutty guy.

Yes, Colette, Robert Robinson; the old guy, said he was drunk and didn't want to be raked over the coals by the Sheriff. The knife was found by the News crew on a follow up story, and the .38 was found by the editor/owner of the Anadarko Daily Newpaper, while watching the fire the day before.

The perp would have had to stalk the Pastor, imo, although the worship service hours were on a sign outside. He would have known that she arrived long before the parishioners, and the service began.. The meticulous ritual murder would not have been quick..imo..

Although black handles are common. Virtually all better grade knives have silver stainless steel blades.. Imo, Pastor Carol Daniels was murdered by a very brazened/experienced evil predator with the well planned intent of sending a dark religious message of fear into the Christians community, while poking his finger in Law Enforcement's eye. The Police Headquarters was only a stones' throw away..

Oklahoma can't solve the crime....so it seeks tighter control of the press.

Bills on slaying details, municipal fees go to Oklahoma House
Published: February 23, 2010
House Bill 3155 was written because of concerns that too much information was released about last year’s slaying of an Anadarko pastor and the 2008 killings of two Weleetka-area girls, said the measure’s author, Rep. Leslie Osborn. Both cases remain unsolved.

The House Judiciary Committee passed the measure 10-1. It now goes to the full House.

"We are only talking about a few discretionary items that might be needed for pending criminal investigations,” said Osborn, R-Tuttle.

In the case of the Rev. Carol Daniels, who was killed and mutilated in August, most of the information would have been released, Osborn said.

But her measure would have allowed prosecutors or law officers to request that such details as singed scalp hair and the body being staged be withheld, Osborn said.

A similar measure failed to advance last year.

Mark Thomas, executive director of the Oklahoma Press Association, said the bill has several flaws.

The measure’s restrictions started out dealing only with homicides, but have expanded to include unknown and pending causes of death, he said.

The bill also doesn’t place a time limit on withholding the information, he said.

"It can be confidential forever,” Thomas said.

"There has to be some time limit when the public has a right to know about violent murders that were committed in their midst.”

RIDICULOUS.

http://newsok.com/bills-on-slaying-details-municipal-fees-go-to-house/article/3441593

I, too, have been following the search for Pastor Daniels murderer. I agree that not nearly enough progress is being made. I think that Kari makes a good point in that the little towns are spread out and there's very little cohesiveness. That's ridiculous to not take a fingerprint, however!!

That said, look one state to the south. There we've got a serial rapist terrorizing elder women. Not only are LE involved but so are the Texas Rangers, FBI, and US Marshalls. None of us on the thread following that case have been impressed AT ALL with the information sharing or the public awareness of the case. The "dropping of the ball" allows these perps more time to strike again, IMO.

ITA that in an urban area, this lack of progress would be cause for an internal review.

Oklahoma is a very rural state. The police departments in these small towns are, I assume, like small towns everywhere. When a murder occurs, the town has a few police officer, and no murder investigators. It's not like, say Oklahoma City, where there are detectives to work the case.

As far as OSBI...Well they have a brand new shiny building about a mile from my house. They have money. Maybe they're not spending it in the right place.

I've never been to Oklahoma, and really don't know much about the state, but OSBI seems completely incompetent. Carol Daniels, Skyla and Taylor, the family that disappeared and left their truck behind - and these are just three that I've heard of. Also,it's especially hard to believe the Weleetka and Anadarko murders, in particular, have not been solved. Both were committed in tiny towns, and it seems like a whole lot of evidence was left behind in both. If either murder had happened here and wasn't solved in the first couple of months, NYPD would be under fire and inquiries would be being made. Who knows how many more murders are going unsolved in that state? If someone wants to commit a murder, clearly Oklahoma is the state to do it in, because chances are you will not get caught. I'm curious where the problem lies exactly. The director of OSBI? The investigators? It can't be a financial problem, can it? Also, I think they need to find a new spokeswoman/man because Jessica Brown, in the press conferences I've seen, comes across as uncaring, insensitive, stubborn, frigid, and defensive.

I also heard that Scotland Yard offered to help OSBI with evidence in the Weleetka murders and they turned them down. What?! Why??? Pride? If it were my sister or friend who had been murdered, I'd be out in front of OSBI headquarters protesting. Their lack of action, refusal to release information, and complete inability to solve anything is troublesome.

NewsOn6's OK Impact team scorches OSBI for its failure in this and many other cases:
OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker
By Jennifer Loren, The Oklahoma Impact Team

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma. But the agency's track record is being questioned by a state legislator. His questions put the agency on the defensive.

The list of Oklahoma's unsolved homicides is lengthy. Pastor Carol Daniels was murdered in an Anadarko church. Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were gunned down in Weleetka. The Denneys were shot to death in their Locust Grove home. Poteau bar owner Joe Neff was found dead near Pocola. Sam Sanders was killed in Fairland, his wife badly beaten. Three young girl scouts were murdered at camp in 1977 and the list goes on. All of those cases were investigated by the OSBI. All of them are unsolved
---

much, much more about OSBI and its claims and failures, at
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379331

Hoorah! A bit of good news here at last: Legislature has killed an attempt by OK LE to hide its mistakes behind a cloak of secrecy - under the guise of "protecting the investigation"
State bill to keep autopsy details secret derailed

OKLAHOMA CITY — A bill that would allow the state medical examiner’s office to keep secret the details of how a homicide victim was killed will not be revived this session, the House author said Monday.

After the bill prompted several questions on the House floor, Rep. Leslie Osborn withdrew the bill from consideration and said it won’t be heard again this session.
---
Osborn said the bill was requested by Caddo County District Attorney Bret Burns after the high-profile slaying last year of the Rev. Carol Daniels inside an Anadarko church. An autopsy report showed that the 61-year-old pastor suffered numerous gashes to her neck and throat, as well as stab wounds to her chest, back, stomach and hands. The case remains unsolved.

“I don’t think the press should be plastering autopsy reports on the front page of the paper during a pending investigation,” Burns said. “Those details should not be released to the public when you’re trying to catch the killer.”

But the bill drew opposition from the Oklahoma Press Association, which argued that the public has a right to know details about how a person died and that the medical examiner’s office should remain independent from prosecutors and law enforcement.
---
http://enidnews.com/state/x334296883/State-bill-to-keep-autopsy-details-secret-derailed

'Public Awareness is the key to solving missing/murder investigations'..The American Public is analogous to a security camera across the USA.. The antiquated close to the vest silence strategy utilized by the OSBI only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases.

Example; Ashley Celeste Taylor's death may have prevented, but wasn't due to the antiquated silence strategy by the OSBI, imo..
Crime Wire Investigates: Oklahoma Unsolved
http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/11/crime-wire-investigates-oklahoma.html

On June 8, 2008 the tiny town of Weleetka, Oklahoma was rocked to it’s core when two young girls, Skyla Whitaker, 11, and Taylor Placker, 13, best friends, were found shot to death while walking along County Line Rd.

On July 15, 2011, Ashley Celeste Taylor, 23, was reported missing from Okmulgee, OK, a town near Weleetka, supposedly after an argument with her fiance, Kevin Sweat. Sweat was subsequently arrested and confessed to her murder, telling officials that her remains were buried off of Highway 75. In early August, 2011, searchers found human bone fragments, pieces of clothing and glasses consistent with Ashley’s on the property of Kevin Sweat’s father, near Weleetka.

A Cold Blooded Killers Connection to Skyla Whitaker & Taylor Paschal-Placker Murders?
In case you missed the series on Crime, She Writes over on Forbes as it relates to the Oklahoma Intimate Partner Homicide of Ashley Taylor and a possible link between the unsolved 2008 cold cases in Weleetka, Oklahoma, below are the links to all 5 segments.
<sniped & BBM>

Video Being Investigated In Pastor's Death
by kocotv4
Investigators are reviewing a surveillance video from across the street of a church in Anadarko where a minister was slain on Aug 23/2009.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-4BAMMnrRQ"]Video Being Investigated In Pastor's Death - YouTube[/ame]

32/33 seconds into the video; emotions running very high between Pastor Carol Daniel's son & local LEO..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BYUqOcpHIc"]Prosecutor Talks With Clergy About Slain Pastor - YouTube[/ame]
Prosecutor Talks With Clergy About Slain Pastor

Investigators have no suspects but are reviewing video surveillance ... and sending images to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation lab for enhancement.
Jack Levin, a professor of sociology and criminology at Northeastern University in Boston, said that the body was more than likely staged because &#8220;the killer wants the notoriety,&#8221; Levin said. &#8220;He knows that by staging the victim&#8217;s body, that it will freak out a population of people, terrify them. He intends to do it again and wants credit for what he&#8217;s done.&#8221;

"The most fatal injuries are those around her neck," said Manion, who analyzed the autopsy report at the request of the AP.

Several large gashes to Daniels' chest, along with stab wounds to her stomach and back, likely were inflicted after her death, Manion said, relying on notations written in hand on the report..
Investigators have said that whoever killed Daniels posed her body in an unnatural position, or "staged" it, but have declined to elaborate. The staging of the body is extremely rare, Manion said, and usually means the killer either wanted to thwart investigators or shock whoever discovered the body.

"It's something to repel and nauseate people, something very shocking to try and upset people investigating the crime," he said.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/08...-in-her-church-her-body-staged/#disqus_thread

Broken Flesh Lyrics (Scroll down for more Lyrics)
Uploaded on Sep 28, 2011
Broken Flesh - "Stripped, Stabbed, & Crucified"

Lyrics:

SUFFER!!!

WAITING TO DIE IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD
YOU CAN TAKE MY LIFE BUT I WILL LIVE ON
KILLING IN FEAR - EMOTION DRIVEN RAGE
AWAIT MY DELIVERANCE AT THE MOMENT OF DEATH
<Read More>

Note: The title track, "Stripped, Stabbed, & Crucified", is about a reverend of a church in Anadarko, OK. Her name was Carol Daniels. She was brutally murdered on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 behind the pulpit inside of her church.
<Read More>

Folks, Israel Keyes, revealed to the FBI investigators prior to the Currier Murders(VT-06/08/2011) that he had considered taking victims to a church, where he would either simply leave the body to be found, or to burn the church down with the victim's body in it.
IK, drove around in Vermont, looking for suitable churches in small towns. He had issues with organized religion.
IK's timeline allows for a window of opportunity in Pastor Carol Daniels murder, imo.
IK, had rage issues with the Christian religion.
IK was forensically aware; used drano to speed up the decomposition of remains,
admitted that he used multiple knives,
removed victim's clothing,
and would have likely sprayed bleach on the victims bodies for destroying DNA.
according to witness accounts the perp wore a hood and overhalls; carpenter overhauls photos - https://www.google.com/#q=carpenter+overhauls+photos
IK, was an admited arsonist..

August 23, 2009 was a Sunday...Pastor was murdered 08/23/2009.. Her body was discovered around noon Sunday, Aug. 23, 2009.
August 24, 2009 the Anadarko Daily News; the local newspaper burned to the ground. Origination of the Fire was determined to be the Bar next door..

Israel Keyes; a very meticulous, organized, and disciplined hybred serial killer broke many of his set in stone rules of prey when abducting and murdering Samantha Koenig...Why?
Why was Pastor Carol Daniels posed in the crucifix position? &#8220;the killer wants the notoriety"..
_______

'Feel free to add to the list, or disagree'...

I'm glad this thread is up and running - days, weeks, months went by and it was so quiet.

The IK theory is enticing though I do wonder how seriously one should take the confessions of a killer.

I think this was a local crime. I do not expect it to be solved.

I'm glad this thread is up and running - days, weeks, months went by and it was so quiet.

The IK theory is enticing though I do wonder how seriously one should take the confessions of a killer.

RE: I do wonder how seriously one should take the confessions of a killer.

Not too seriously at all wfgodot. But when you couple IK's statements, which were unsolicited; 'he had considered taking victims to a church, where he would either simply leave the body to be found, or to burn the church down with the victim's body in it'.
IK, also stated that he drove around in Vt, looking for suitable churches in small towns.

IK, obviously had serious issues with the christian religion. What better way to express his rejection and belief in the existence of deities, than the horrific torture, murder, and posing of a Pastor in the crucifix position?

Wfgodot, I realize that Israel Keyes is not the first, last, or only.. Although the many reasons that I posted above are only a snipet of the coincidences and parallels. It is the lack of forensics and other evidence in Pastor Carol Daniel's murder that is most convincing, imo...

As I said, I don't really suspect IK in Carol Daniel's murder, however I don't think he should be completely eliminated until 'examined' in this case.

WFGODOT, "I" was the person who stirred up this idea. I'm sorry if it doesn't end up being related to Carol Daniels, however I thought it was at least worthy of raising as a relevant idea.

Carol's case has bothered me for a while. Who could have possibly viciously killed this woman??

As I said, I don't really suspect IK in Carol Daniel's murder, however I don't think he should be completely eliminated until 'examined' in this case.

WFGODOT, "I" was the person who stirred up this idea. I'm sorry if it doesn't end up being related to Carol Daniels, however I thought it was at least worthy of raising as a relevant idea.

Carol's case has bothered me for a while. Who could have possibly viciously killed this woman??
It's definitely worth raising! It got the thread going again, for one thing. I just have a bit of trouble picturing IK in OK, so to speak. And at that little church at that ungodly hour.

I don't know Anadarko - been there once I think - but I was always struck by an early comment posted on another site, that this crime would stay unsolved as the victim was black. Not sure if that's the case - the "stay unsolved" part, that is. But there is a history there of such things, I guess.

It's definitely worth raising! It got the thread going again, for one thing. I just have a bit of trouble picturing IK in OK, so to speak. And at that little church at that ungodly hour.

I don't know Anadarko - been there once I think - but I was always struck by an early comment posted on another site, that this crime would stay unsolved as the victim was black. Not sure if that's the case - the "stay unsolved" part, that is. But there is a history there of such things, I guess.

Many of us have speculated that IK wouldn't kill a black person. He really seemed focused on people who weren"t a perfect fit with his goals! No one knows why this guy is "off".

The only way I could see IK doing this is if he was in the church looking around before Carol arrived, then he could have killed her once she found him.

The only way I could see IK doing this is if he was in the church looking around before Carol arrived, then he could have killed her once she found him.

Colette, IK was very meticulous, calculating, and had honed his skills for over a decade by the time Pastor Daniels was murdered. Pastor Carol Daniel's ritual murder was not an impulsive crime of opportunity, imo.. All indicators are that it was well planned and the perp stalked Pastor Daniels prior to carrying out the horrific crime, imo..

Imo, the final item on prolific serial killers bucket list; &#8220;the killer wants the notoriety". Imo, Israel Keyes, knew that he would circumvent Son of Sam Laws by committing suicide..
&#8221; FBI Anchorage Division Special Agent Jolene Goeden said. .... Keyes replied after chuckling, &#8220;You'll get the whole story eventually.&#8221;

Israel Keyes Quote:
"There is no one who knows me - or who has ever known me - who knows anything about me...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/serial-killer-israel-keyes-suicide-letter-creepy-ode/story?id=18421558

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...s-being-dismissed-against-serial-killer-Keyes

Death has done for serial killer Israel Keyes what he never sought to do in life: cleared his record of criminal charges.

Federal prosecutors in Anchorage, Alaska, where Keyes was facing a possible death penalty in connection with the Feb. 1/2012 abduction and murder of an 18-year-old coffee-cart worker, have filed court papers recommending the three-count indictment be dismissed.

Keyes, 34, who committed suicide in his jail cell Dec. 2, confessed to raping and killing Samantha Koenig..

U.S. Magistrate Judge John D. Roberts has signed off on the prosecution recommendation. The next and final step is for a federal District Court judge to approve the dismissal &#8212; a formality.

Cases in which a suspect dies before being convicted are thrown out of court, and the defendant&#8217;s official record remains clear.

&#8220;By operation of law, the defendant&#8217;s indictment is abated by his death,&#8221; Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank V. Russo wrote in court papers filed Monday in Alaska.

Law-enforcement officials have described Israel Keyes as a particularly organized, meticulous mass murderer who researched and idolized other serial killers, including Ted Bundy, and committed his crimes simply because he enjoyed it.

Until the Koenig slaying, he traveled far from home, picked victims at random from places where he expected to find them alone..
<sniped - read more>

Since then, investigators have been trying to fill in the details of his vicious life. The FBI said Keyes discussed &#8220;seven or eight other victims&#8221; in addition to the three, including Koenig, that have been definitively tied to him so far.

In a Nov. 29 interview, just three days before he was found dead in his jail cell from suicide, Keyes asked whether investigators had found any knives at his New York property or on a boat he owned in Washington state.

He said there were two knives missing from his girlfriend's home in Anchorage, and he didn't know where they were.

He was particularly concerned about a Cold Steel Tanto, a 4½-inch folding knife he bought in Port Angeles.

Asked by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis why the knife was important, Keyes indicated authorities might find something if they took it apart.

Was it blood?

&#8220;Well, there might, not on it, maybe inside somewhere,&#8221; Keyes replied.

He said, &#8220;yeah,&#8221; when asked if the knife was associated with one of the Washington killings.

FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden probed deeper, asking if a body were found at the bottom of Lake Crescent, would it still be intact.

&#8220;Were they contained in something or were they just tied to the milk jugs?&#8221; she asked.

&#8220;No,&#8221; he responded.

She pressed, &#8220;I mean, is it something where we, we might possible actually still get an intact . . .&#8221;

&#8220;No,&#8221; Keyes repeated, cutting her off.

He later indicated the folding blade wasn't the primary means of death

Asked if the victims were shot or strangled, Keyes replied after chuckling, &#8220;You'll get the whole story eventually.&#8221;

Snoopster, thanx for bringing Pastor Daniel's murder to light. When you shared her case on the IK possible victims thread, that was the first I had heard of it...

As far as Israel Keyes choosing a black victim.. One thing that is consistent in a hybred serial killers deviant behavior, is that they are inconsistent.. No rhyme, no reason, no indictable residue left in their wake; why they are so elusive and remain stealth for decades..

IK, may have had a preference, but had no specific victim profile due to the emulating of other serial killers prior, while adding a twist of his own for increased confusion and other motives only known by him, imo..

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/alaska-investigators-say-keyes-felt-high-serial-killings

Russo said he believes Keyes killed as many as 11 or 12 people. The FBI and Anchorage Police Department investigators also upped the number on Friday, saying Keyes may have had 11 victims. They'd previously said at least eight.

FBI agent Darren Jones said the FBI always thought there might be more than eight. Additional information makes them confident there's more. But no one may ever know the real number.

One thing's for sure:
Keyes was meticulous. A national expert on serial killers retained for the case said Keyes was among the top three organizers, thinkers and planners he'd studied
, said Russo.

Anadarko, OK has a 46% native American population and is only about 200 miles from Dallas, TX.
Thought this was interesting: Nov 2011. Emmanuel Keyes, President. Native Village of Bill Moore's Slough. P.O. Box 20288. Kotlik, AK 99620. http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/tribalenergy/pdfs/tribal_directory_2011.pdf
Bureau of Indian Affairs - Dept of the Interior
But when I attempted to research any relationship. I got this:

http://www.usa.gov/

Due to a lapse in Funding: 'The US Federal Government has Shut Down'..

wfgodot, I've made a phone call or two to the Anadarko local MSM Editor. Seems, the OK Fire Marshall, although having security video of a POI in the arson at the Bar. Since everyone had fire insurance, the decision was made to not pursue the investigation or prosecution any further..Par for the course, huh?
Seems, also that the Editor & I are the only ones that think Pastor Daniel's murderer was not a local..

One thing (of the many) that haunts me about this case is the notion that Rev. Daniels's body was purposefully staged in a cruciform position. If this is in fact the case, the investigation might lead away one way; if it is simply the direction her body came to fall, and the scene was not staged as some bizarre anti-religious outcry, it leads another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup
Back