OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thanks Marie for sharing that article. Her life sounds so similar to Sharon's, right down to having her son. Kind of makes you wonder what if... (as if we don't already)

Someone point me to that one...Ya! know I am new so please or give me a run down of it...
I have the hard copy of matts book about Sharon and on the secound read....

I found this article on RGK...

000_Untitled.jpg

I can't read the article. It's too small and too blurry.
Can you tell us what it says?

That's weird, on my computer it comes up big. It only mentions RGK in the article as possibly being The Lady in the Dunes. It was before they got the DNA results back.

For quick references to info in A Beautiful Child go to the site below:

http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Child-Matt-Birkbeck/dp/042519650X/ref=sbx_cap/103-3242509-4267051?ie=UTF8#capbody

Click on one of the Capitalized Phrases (names, cities/states, etc) or key words and it shows you how many times the name,key word or distinctive phrase appears in the book, the page number(s) and you can even read the paragraphs that contain the word.

I find most of the info I'm looking for this way. It saves a lot of time.

Has anyone heard of this? I think it's a radio talk show. There is a name of a listener at the bottom of the article. She is being thanked for her contribution to the story, I wonder what she was able to contribute. I found this on the search engine called A9.

Monday, July 17, 2006

spacer.gif
HELP IDENTIFY THESE PEOPLE! KABS Arlington!
Current mood:
awake.gif
awake
Category: Life

Monday, July 17, 2006

"The Franklin Floyd Affair." Texas to Oklahoma.

1973 through 1994.

Originally aired on May 8, 2006​
-
A mystery in the making that took over 20 years. 32 year old Franklin Floyd abducted a young girl between June 1973 and August 1975 and passed her off as his daughter as he raised her under several aliases in several different states. Over the years, he sexually abused her and took pictures of her from the age of four to pre-teen years engaging in sexually explicit conduct. The unidentified woman graduated from high school in Forest Park, Georgia under the name Suzanne Davis in 1986. Later in the year she moved to Phoenix Arizona and began using the alias Sharon Marshall. Then moved to Tampa, Florida and using the name Tonya Tadlock, gave birth to a son named Michael Anthony Hughes on March 21, 1988. Using the name Clarence Marcus Hughes, Franklin Floyd married his daughter Tonya Tadlock in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1989. A year later in 1990 both Franklin Floyd and his wife/daughter were wanted in connection with a Florida Homicide, but before any legal proceedings could begin, Tonya was killed in a very suspicious hit and run accident where Floyd was allegedly the main suspect, but was never charged. The son, Michael Hughes was placed in foster care. On September 12, 1994, Floyd walked into Michaels school in Choctaw, Oklahoma and at gun point, forced the schools principal, James Davis, to take him to Michaels first grade classroom where they were both kidnapped and drove away in a pickup. Davis was ordered to drive out into the country where Franklin Floyd handcuffed the school principal to a tree and fled with Michael Davis. The principal was rescued five hours later. There was no sign of Floyd until his arrest when he was employed as a painter. During police interviews, Floyd stated that his son, Michael Davis, was alive and living in a foreign country. However, in formerly sealed documents, Floyd allegedly confessed to three people including his sister that he drowned Michael in a motel bathtub possibly somewhere in Georgia. A check of missing persons databases has turned up no leads as to Tonyas true identity. To add to the mystery of the case, earlier blood tests concluded that Franklin Floyd was not Michael Davis biological father. Floyd is currently serving a 52 year prison sentence for kidnapping Michael.
-
Unidentified Woman
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/8uftx.html
-
Michael Hughes
Kidnapped/Missing
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1061dmok.html
-
Thank you,
Darrell "The Bossman" Bartell​
http://www.myspace.com/thebossman06
-
Special thanks to our listener Mareah Blackwell of Tennessee for contributing this segment to today's program.​
-​

Sorry I havent been studying the case very closely as of late, after moving in my house and remodling back in april i just now started getting my household goods unboxed and things are a real mess.

I still have sharon on my mind and continue to believe that we will find the answers we seek. When i get done with all this mess I will get right back on track. Hope everyone is well.

Has anyone looked into the possibliity of Cynthia Lynn Sumpter as a person who might have been Sharon Marshall? Seems to have a bit of a resemblence. Also, Sharonn to me has strawberry blonde hair not a toehead blond. I would have to assume that her mother would have reddish blond hair as well. I just started looking into this case so I may not have all the facts.

Has anyone though of the possiblity of Sharons son being sold into a sex slave market before Floyd was caught? Seems to me that it may be likely.

Eisbar said:
Has anyone looked into the possibliity of Cynthia Lynn Sumpter as a person who might have been Sharon Marshall? Seems to have a bit of a resemblence. Also, Sharonn to me has strawberry blonde hair not a toehead blond. I would have to assume that her mother would have reddish blond hair as well. I just started looking into this case so I may not have all the facts.

Has anyone though of the possiblity of Sharons son being sold into a sex slave market before Floyd was caught? Seems to me that it may be likely.
Cynthia Sumpter-eliminated by DNA testing

After reading this forum and reaserching the case this seems to be the most likely senario.............

Sharon Marshall's mother was a druggie or prostitute in the Michigan area. Prob. Detroit area. She was unable to take care of the child and pawned her off to Floyd or an assocaite. Maybe for money or some other thing. Floyd raised her as his own and subjected her to sexual abuse. She grew up only knowing this life and therefore was not inclined to leave. School was her escape from life and she excelled at it.

Here is my question.......:confused: has any investigator contacted homeless shelters in the Detroit area or even indigant hospitals regarding birth records of known prostitutes? I would think that shelters would wonder why a woman who had a child suddenly did not, even though addicts are good liars....it'd still raise some eyebrows.

Also.....weren't their pictures of Sharon with a younger boy? What is being done regarding that? Could that child been Sharon's? And why did Floyd let her keep only the 2nd child? Maybe because it was because it was fathered by the other boy in the picture? Or it could be Dial's child? Does LE know what happened to the other 2 children that were adopted? Has their paternity been checked to Floyd's?

Just running through ideas here...............

Have they checked fostercare records? I know that most records were kept by hand and who knows what happened to those. Even adoptions.....orphanages etc. They did not do very thourough record keeping or backround checks.

What is Floyd's officail stance regarding her? If anyone knows I'd love to hear it verbatum to see if I can read something into it. Thanks

Eisbar if you have the time you should search Sharon Marshall from the top page and read the whole archived forum. There is alot of pertinent info contained in it and it should answer your questions.

Here's a link to his Florida Dept. of Corrections page...
http://tinyurl.com/l4qbp

It says Out of Department Custody by Court Order.

Is he free???! I can't believe this man would be walking the streets.

I'm sure he's not free, but I wonder where he's at to. Good find. Maybe he's been transferred to another prison.

Amy

Paradise said:
Here's a link to his Florida Dept. of Corrections page...
http://tinyurl.com/l4qbp

It says Out of Department Custody by Court Order.

Is he free???! I can't believe this man would be walking the streets.

I doubt he's free either but at least before on the website it said what jail he was in. It's been bugging me all day and I want to know what it means!

I want to know too! Maybe he's helping with a case. I know that's probably a long shot.
Amy
Paradise said:
I doubt he's free either but at least before on the website it said what jail he was in. It's been bugging me all day and I want to know what it means!

Floyd's page said to see the "detainer section" - I searched the site and only came up with this:

# What is a detainer?

1. A detainer is a warrant placed against an inmate for pending charges from another jurisdiction.

2. These pending charge(s) are usually from Florida counties and/or out-of-state law enforcement agencies.

3. A detainer warrant may also be placed against an inmate who has had concurrent or consecutive sentences imposed in other jurisdictions.

4. A third type of detainer one in which a jurisdiction wants to be notified of an inmate's pending release.

Wonder what's going on here? He must be facing charges somewhere else. But where, exactly? And for what?

annemc2 said:
Floyd's page said to see the "detainer section" - I searched the site and only came up with this:

# What is a detainer?

1. A detainer is a warrant placed against an inmate for pending charges from another jurisdiction.

2. These pending charge(s) are usually from Florida counties and/or out-of-state law enforcement agencies.

3. A detainer warrant may also be placed against an inmate who has had concurrent or consecutive sentences imposed in other jurisdictions.

4. A third type of detainer one in which a jurisdiction wants to be notified of an inmate's pending release.

Wonder what's going on here? He must be facing charges somewhere else. But where, exactly? And for what?

I have seen "out of dept. by court order" before when the inmate was sent to a psychiatric prison facility. Or maybe he was sent somewhere due to his health.
Maybe they are going to try him for another crime and then send him back to face the death penalty.I don't see that they would move him to be tried for some other crime when he has the death sentence? Those are the only things I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia