OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would I go to find out?

I would think that the person you or Matt were in contact with at NCMEC would be able to provide that information. Of course I am assuming it was NCMEC who told you your mothers DNA had already been compared to Sharons. Was it NCMEC?

I would start there and if there are roadblocks seek the information other ways. Maybe the freedom of information act? But I am not fully up to speed on FOIA laws and info.

I would really like for your piece of mind, for you to be certain your mothers DNA was in fact tested or not if you believe perhaps it may not have been. Especially since it was several years ago Rhonda was first suggested as a possible match to Sharon and you were not fully involved at the time IIRC.

hth

Hi all~anxious 1st time poster, but long term avid (albeit horrified) follower of sharon's story. Question regarding the 2 thumbnails above: are they not the DNA matches linking sharon to her son Michael & the daughter she gave up for adoption? If not, can someone please explain their provenance? Good God, this amazing spirit who maintained an otherwoldly grace & dignity amid her horrid life deserves a final peaceful exhale. Floyd's evilness cannot possibly win out...I just can't/won't believe that God, the universe, take your pick, would let such a thing come to pass. We'll find u dear sharon.

Hi all~anxious 1st time poster, but long term avid (albeit horrified) follower of sharon's story. Question regarding the 2 thumbnails above: are they not the DNA matches linking sharon to her son Michael & the daughter she gave up for adoption? If not, can someone please explain their provenance? Good God, this amazing spirit who maintained an otherwoldly grace & dignity amid her horrid life deserves a final peaceful exhale. Floyd's evilness cannot possibly win out...I just can't/won't believe that God, the universe, take your pick, would let such a thing come to pass. We'll find u dear Sharon.
Sorry I should have said that the DNA that was posted is a sample to show how they are kept by the centers doing the testing....there is much information on the web ...other information I called and asked the NCMEC When/where/and how...DNA is gathered tested and housed.....the Center will not give information for any ones testing... the family member that was tested has to be the one asking....about the results.
If a test had been ran before and because of the time ,money and the NCMEC funding by donations I feel it save to assume the guide lines are point blank.....
NCC DNA testing you can find on the web ,,,,,, pay for the testing a fund raiser by WS "Find Sharon Identity" persons that want to know !...I have suggested this before.....
Getting Sharon Marshall's DNA.....Find out who the Daughter was that was tested....and run DNA again..and house are own "Paper wise"..I suggested this awhile back when I was told this information...
I suggested to Matt that he should make the 1st donation.....He never replied !
The only other reason I can think of is the NCMEC Know whom Sharon Marshall is and can not say....which also would account for.......... not testing....

Hola. First time posting, but I've been a dedicated lurker for quite a while. :)

Anyway, the main reason I am posting now is that I think this photo of Sharon Marshall as a teenager:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/65/l_af177f7f1fc84af3a562d39c66a514a3.jpg

looks exactly like the "age progression" photo of Cheryl Hanson:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...RCMP&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_CA&searchLang=en_US

I read somewhere that Cheryl was ruled out as a possibility, but it's hard to believe they are not the same person when comparing the jut of the chin, shape of the face and cheeks, the eyebrows, nose, mouth shape...really, it all looks identical to me. Bizarre.

A DNA test was done?

I don't think Cheryl's picture as a child looks like Sharon. Both little blond white girls but the noses, ears, eyes and eyebrows look different to me. Also, Cheryl would have been about 8 when she disappeared and the photo of Sharon as a child looks about 4 or 5. I have not seen any kids on here that really strike me, except Rhonda/Melissa.
Someone posted a photo of a woman named Melissa H. and a question as to whether she was ruled out as Rhonda. Same adoptive name, similar look. Interesting.
Also, can anyone clear up the DNA testing status? Matt stated testing was happening but jerriwyatt states someone told her it has occurred with DNA from jerri's mom and that is was not a match. What is the status? Whose DNA is being matched to Sharon/Suzanne/Tonya?

TIA!!!!

[video=youtube;QQFeGY7ID5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQFeGY7ID5s[/video]

I placed two Photos of Sharon Marshall and this will be on the Space Misson in September
in memory of her Dream...16th 2010

Yes, it was NCMEC that told me this information. I lived with my mother at this time because she was very ill. I can't imagine where they got the DNA from.

It's hard to say. Birthday is close and name matches, but to me her face looks to long. The shape doesn't seem to fit, but I wouldn't rule anything out.

omg something so scary just happened i was on the bc facebook page for sharon and this alan guy from ny is claiming that sharon is the hanson girl missing from canada.he says his family has full of lies and secrets. and that cheryl was concived via suragot and thats why shes not showing up as a dna match. i posted on the discusion board if u feel like you are telling the truth tell someone so he goes and tells me thats why people died to keep quite (meaning sharon so the truth would not come out. the worst part was he said if i tell you then those people will go after you. i was so scared and shaken that i blocked him from communication from me he even had the nerve to send me a fb friend request

If you were living with your mom at the time they supposedly collected DNA, it is hard to believe that you would not know, unless for some reason she was trying to protect you or other family members. I can imagine your frustration with this whole process. I am sure there are people who will help out with the cost of testing besides me. If you can get the DNA profile done, and provide them with the results, will they do the comparison? No skin off NCMEC's back to do that! Or even better, can you get them to provide you a copy of the previous results against what they say is your mother's profile? After all, you are your own mother's blood relative, unless there are some privacy restrictions that somehow prevent it. I would not think that just doing a loci comparison of the DNA would violate that, however.

I don't think the Cheryl Hanson pic as a child looks like Sharon either. The lips are too full and the rest of the mouth is just not right.

Yes, it was NCMEC that told me this information. I lived with my mother at this time because she was very ill. I can't imagine where they got the DNA from.

Could the former family member who was working on this have worked with your mom to submit the dna? Forgive me for not recalling exactly who that was. I do recall you mentioned she was not a blood relative but married into your family. Could she have arranged this with your mom? Can NCMEC provide you with any information/details via paper work confirming this? I'm sure they have some paper work filled out regarding the collection of dna, who and how it was collected.

If not, and no one else chimes in I will see what I can do to find some info.

hth

If you were living with your mom at the time they supposedly collected DNA, it is hard to believe that you would not know, unless for some reason she was trying to protect you or other family members. I can imagine your frustration with this whole process. I am sure there are people who will help out with the cost of testing besides me. If you can get the DNA profile done, and provide them with the results, will they do the comparison? No skin off NCMEC's back to do that! Or even better, can you get them to provide you a copy of the previous results against what they say is your mother's profile? After all, you are your own mother's blood relative, unless there are some privacy restrictions that somehow prevent it. I would not think that just doing a loci comparison of the DNA would violate that, however.

BBM. That is what I was trying to say. Too many distractions today! (Is it back to school time yet? ;) )

Since Matt Birkbeck is in direct contact with Gerry Nance at NCMEC, I asked him to see what he can find out. I'll pass on whatever info he is able to provide.

Tuffy, you need to speak with Tricia regarding any fundraising requests:
tgrif@xmission.com

CODIS= Combined DNA Index System. It is an FBI database. States can also have their own DNA databases that they maintain which may or may NOT automatically feed into CODIS. Each state is different. Another huge database is AFDIL which is for the armed services. Members of the military and their families contribute dna so that service members can be identified if they go missing. AFDIL does NOT feed into the FBI Codis database, and it takes an act of GOD to get the military to shake any of their data loose for civilian purposes.

MtDNA results are separate from primary DNA results-MtDNA are the FRS (family reference samples) processed for the NCMEC.

If Sharon and even just Michael's MtDNA are in CODIS, then a match would have been triggered against their samples and any maternal family members who had samples entered.

(forgive me if you knew all of this...)

jerriwyatt, customarily the swabs are done at at police department familiar with handling DNA collection. It has to be done in a pristine environment in order to prevent cross contamination. That agency typically receives two communications-one that says the sample is being processed and then another that states whether or not it triggered a match. Most agencies at least call the donor with the results.

omg something so scary just happened i was on the bc facebook page for sharon and this alan guy from ny is claiming that sharon is the hanson girl missing from canada.he says his family has full of lies and secrets. and that cheryl was concived via suragot and thats why shes not showing up as a dna match. i posted on the discusion board if u feel like you are telling the truth tell someone so he goes and tells me thats why people died to keep quite (meaning sharon so the truth would not come out. the worst part was he said if i tell you then those people will go after you. i was so scared and shaken that i blocked him from communication from me he even had the nerve to send me a fb friend request

smile, can you add the link for this FB page? Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#topic_top hope this works i did send his comments over to facebook for issues he did threaten me and he even went as far as to try and friend request me i did remove most of my postings of asking questions to him i got a little spooked when he said they will go after you to that affect

I checked out that guys profile a few weeks ago. I agree he is creepy. I tried to find facebook friends that would confirm a link between him and Cheyl. In the end I decided he was F-O-S. I didnt prove or disprove but nothing supported his claims so I dismissed him. I would report him to Facebook and Maybe send Matt a message blocking him. Also make sure he does not friend request your friends trying to find out more information about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi