OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Donna is referring to the recent comments on the blog by JC and DJ. Seems they may have uncovered the brother's id?

SOMEONE POSTED NEW REVEALING INFORMATION TO MATT BIRKBECK'S BLOG.

Can anyone link more information?

I think Donna is referring to the recent comments on the blog by JC and DJ. Seems they may have uncovered the brother's id?

FINALLY 10/3/2014 - for anyone wondering, go to the bottom of the page, look at the last set of comments by JC and DJ.

Suzanne's parents behavior is incomprehensible!

What do you mean? Her parents/ family do not have to tell anyone anything. I can't imagine how painful this is for them.
As for her father, things were so very different back then. I know people who's parents divorced, with some, the mother got custody, the kids were then adopted by the new husband. The father would carry on with his life, never looking back. Same can be said for men getting custody. Someone very close to me had their parents divorce at a very young age, father got custody, they never saw their mother again. The 2 young kids were raised by their step-mother who they called mother until she passed in 2015

Maybe they are making enquiries about the little brother and that's why nobody is talking (so they don't compromise the investigation).

Telling the public won't be a priority for them unless they want to appeal for information.

Obviously I would love to know the whole back story too, but they are not obliged to tell us anything and if it helps the victims to have it private then I would rather not be told.

Sure seems like they're trying to get more info. Matt was going to extend the book with the new information about her ID fall of 2015, but it looks like it never happened. I did see this on the FB page.

A Beautiful Child posted March 16 2016 ·

ABC's 20/20 and the Investigation Discovery Channel are working on a program on the Sharon Marshall story, and last week they took me to New Orleans to meet with Sharon's daughter and Jenny Fisher. I'll have a lot more to say on this later, but it was a great moment for me walking into the home of the family that adopted Sharon's daughter. They were all wonderful, and Sharon's daughter is a testament to all that Sharon would have been. A beautiful, smart young woman with a great future ahead of her. I'll keep you posted on when the program will air, and also with my plans to update the story.

Special thanks to producer Peter Bull for putting this together.

Not sure if anyone posted this - Just happened to find it today when looking for something else

FBI - Cold Case Investigation - Solving a Decades-Old Mystery - 08/03/15 - The investigation into Michael’s kidnapping also determined that Tonya Hughes, too, had been kidnapped by Floyd—sometime between 1973 and August 1975—and when he surfaced in Oklahoma City, he began introducing his future wife as his daughter.

In 2013, the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children conducted a cold case review of the Hughes kidnapping and reopened the investigation. A year later, Lobb and Special Agent Nate Furr spent several days interviewing Floyd in prison regarding Tonya and Michael Hughes.

The death row inmate was generally uncooperative, Lobb said, but during the course of many hours of conversation, he told the agents that in 1974, under the name Brandon C. Williams, he married a woman in North Carolina who had three daughters, and the new family made its way to Texas. He identified the oldest daughter as Suzanne Marie Sevakis, born September 6, 1969, in Michigan. Floyd said that after the mother was jailed for minor charges in Dallas, he took Suzanne and moved to Oklahoma City, dropping the other two daughters at a children’s home.

Lobb later confirmed the marriage through court records, and, using DNA samples, concluded that Tonya Hughes was indeed Suzanne Marie Sevakis. It had taken 24 years to learn her true identity. “We were able to find her birth parents and give them some closure about their daughter,” he said.

Eventually, Floyd told the investigators what happened to Michael Hughes: He murdered the first-grader on the same day he kidnapped him.

ert-searches-for-body-of-michael-hughes-in-oklahoma

Two decades after the murder of 6-year-old Michael Hughes, the FBI’s Evidence Response Team and anthropologists from the University of Oklahoma searched an area near the Oklahoma-Texas border where Franklin Delano Floyd said he had dumped the boy’s body after shooting him twice in the back of the head.

childhood-picture-of-suzanne-marie-sevakis

This childhood picture shows Suzanne Marie Sevakis near the time she was kidnapped by Franklin Delano Floyd. It took more than two decades for investigators to discover that the victim who died in a suspicious hit-and-run accident in Oklahoma City in 1990 was actually 20-year-old Sevakis.

So according to that story from last August, there is no brother.

See, that is why I would like confirmation one way or another independent of the family that a brother actually existed and is missing.

See, that is why I would like confirmation one way or another independent of the family that a brother actually existed and is missing.

Looks like they're hoping he will talk more as he gets older to make a full accounting, to set the record straight about everything he has done.
Does anyone have the date in 1974 when he married Suzanne's mother? If I'm reading correctly it was June 1974 a month after she had the baby boy P.S.B. who was born April 12, 1974

They aren't really saying there is NO BROTHER, they have just failed to mention that part , hopefully that does mean they still on it !

They aren't really saying there is NO BROTHER, they have just failed to mention that part , hopefully that does mean they still on it !

The death row inmate was generally uncooperative, Lobb said, but during the course of many hours of conversation, he told the agents that in 1974, under the name Brandon C. Williams, he married a woman in North Carolina who had three daughters, and the new family made its way to Texas. He identified the oldest daughter as Suzanne Marie Sevakis, born September 6, 1969, in Michigan. Floyd said that after the mother was jailed for minor charges in Dallas, he took Suzanne and moved to Oklahoma City, dropping the other two daughters at a children’s home.

Why say that the woman had three daughters, but not mention that she had a son? Unless this Lobb guy was misquoted, there is no brother.

Does anyone have a copy of the picture of the woman found in Floyd's wallet? We may be able to recognize her now.

Coming up to two years since Suzanne was identified and still no updates....has her headstone been redone yet. So sad. I don't want to say anything unkind but I can't understand the silence.

I was at the cemetery Memorial Day weekend and no, her headstone has not been changed at all. Someone had left a lovely metal garden decoration stuck into the ground for her, so at least others locally are visiting. I was glad to see that.

I was at the cemetery Memorial Day weekend and no, her headstone has not been changed at all. Someone had left a lovely metal garden decoration stuck into the ground for her, so at least others locally are visiting. I was glad to see that.

I think her parents may not know they can have her exhumed and moved or have her headstone done like Tammy Jo's. If anyone should try to get her name on it it's Matt. They can hold a memorial/ dedication.

I think her parents may not know they can have her exhumed and moved or have her headstone done like Tammy Jo's. If anyone should try to get her name on it it's Matt. They can hold a memorial/ dedication.

Headstones and burial locations are not important to everyone. In 1999, when we went to the cemetery to bury my uncle, we found out that the headstone had the name of my grandfather who had died decades before, but not my grandmother, who had passed away 16 years before. Mom thought my uncle was taking care of that; we don't know if he just didn't do it or thought my mom was taking care of it. My garndmother had six grandkids and another son who passed away in 1992; none of us had visited the grave in 16 years except on the day of her burial. It just wasn't important to us. We remembered her in other ways, talked about her all the time and I even have framed photos of her hanging in my home. Cemeteries are just not my thing. People live in my heart, I don't need to visit cemeteries. I have visited my parents' grave only once since my dad was buried in 2012. I know of a lot of people like me. It would never occur to me to move any relative who was buried in another cemetery somewhere. Though I would correct the headstone for genealogy purposes. (which we did)

Also, Suzanne may be buried under a name that was not hers, but when she was called by that name there were a lot of people who loved her, esp. the friends who gave her a proper burial.and who apparently still visit. So the grave represents a lot of love. IMHO

Headstones and burial locations are not important to everyone. In 1999, when we went to the cemetery to bury my uncle, we found out that the headstone had the name of my grandfather who had died decades before, but not my grandmother, who had passed away 16 years before. Mom thought my uncle was taking care of that; we don't know if he just didn't do it or thought my mom was taking care of it. My garndmother had six grandkids and another son who passed away in 1992; none of us had visited the grave in 16 years except on the day of her burial. It just wasn't important to us. We remembered her in other ways, talked about her all the time and I even have framed photos of her hanging in my home. Cemeteries are just not my thing. People live in my heart, I don't need to visit cemeteries. I have visited my parents' grave only once since my dad was buried in 2012. I know of a lot of people like me. It would never occur to me to move any relative who was buried in another cemetery somewhere. Though I would correct the headstone for genealogy purposes. (which we did)

Also, Suzanne may be buried under a name that was not hers, but when she was called by that name there were a lot of people who loved her, esp. the friends who gave her a proper burial.and who apparently still visit. So the grave represents a lot of love. IMHO

I have my dad and childhood dog with me, haven't really known anyone buried until recently. My ex-SIL passed in 05, while we used to be close when I was married to her brother, we hadn't spoken for years when she passed. My daughter keeps in contact with her nana, we've been trying to make the 2 1/2 hours drive up at least once a year if she doesn't go to her fathers.

In recent years I've lost a neighbor who was like a grandpa plus my hubs gram who was the only grandmother I've ever had. I've been visiting their (I run my ex-SIL's) find a grave pages and working on a family tree. Yesterday I linked hubs gram to one of her relatives born in the 1500's.

If my child passed, that would be a different story, I would be visiting their graves

Suzanne Maree Sevakis Find a grave page

It just makes me sad. Suzanne's case is a little different than Tammy Jo's in that people here locally don't know about her. When she was identified, it was not on the local news. Nobody here knows about her except people who actually knew her when she lived here, or people like us who followed her case online. I have been visiting her grave for a very long time and only once have I seen any evidence that anyone else has visited. It made me so happy to know someone else around here cares a little bit.

You know, I wouldn't even expect her family to have her exhumed and relocated. That is expensive. Just somebody come out here and either replace the headstone or yes, have her name etched on the back of the existing one. I don't think that would be too much to ask, do you? She went through hell her whole life, that's the least she deserves.

It just makes me sad. Suzanne's case is a little different than Tammy Jo's in that people here locally don't know about her. When she was identified, it was not on the local news. Nobody here knows about her except people who actually knew her when she lived here, or people like us who followed her case online. I have been visiting her grave for a very long time and only once have I seen any evidence that anyone else has visited. It made me so happy to know someone else around here cares a little bit.

You know, I wouldn't even expect her family to have her exhumed and relocated. That is expensive. Just somebody come out here and either replace the headstone or yes, have her name etched on the back of the existing one. I don't think that would be too much to ask, do you? She went through hell her whole life, that's the least she deserves.

You can try contacting local press, they may want to do the story. With Tammy's headstone, my friends and I were going to look into how much it would cost to redo it. We were thinking of getting a larger one, then having it cut into, to fit the original stone part way into, so that it appeared to be one stone. We wanted to add her photo too. Then LE took over, the local funeral home was going to give her a new stone but her sister said no, they ended up removing the original head stone to put her info and photo on the other side. It was important to us to keep Cali's original stone intact. You may be able to find a local funeral home that would do the same for Suzanne. Her family may not even know this could be done, I'm sure they would appreciate it if they found out about it. Maybe the press can contact Matt to get in contact with them?

Well an interesting read if nothing else. Her eyes haunt me so much.....loads of suffering reflected

Well an interesting read if nothing else. Her eyes haunt me so much.....loads of suffering reflected

Looked totally different on my cell, someone posted it in her album on the page I run with a friend saying new info added.

Looked totally different on my cell, someone posted it in her album on the page I run with a friend saying new info added.

where is your page RL I meant to ask on another thread but forgot

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back