OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ambercat,
I definitley agree with your angle. I think Sharon's dad has never looked for her because he did not even know she exsisted. I do wonder about those other pictures found in Floyd's vehicle. Did they ever identify the other girls and women photographed? I know many were of Sharon, some of Cheryl Commesso.

My main theory for Sharon's case is that she was never reported missing, her mother may have been in a bad situation where she could not take care of Sharon, and gave her up to Floyd (may be mentally ill, into drugs, prositute?) or he could have forcefully taken her.
I do no think Michael is still with us, but I wish Floyd would give up here he is, along with where he got Sharon. Not like he's going to be out anytime anyways, but I think he is holding that in because he is sick, and that info is probably equal to the status of a trophy to him.
My main concern is did this happen to any other kids? I can see how easily undetected this went on, especially decades ago. How many other kids were in this situation? Did other people get kids like how Floyd did?

I'm mostly a lurker, and a longtime follower of the Sharon Marshall case..but I thought I'd share the video I made early on this year to raise some awareness about Sharon.
[video=youtube;azDpsUFr3Qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azDpsUFr3Qs[/video]

Nicely done. The effort is much appreciated.

First of all I want to wish you all a Happy New Year
and like many of you I do hope that Sharons indentity will be known.
And was wondering maybe Sharons mother was also killed during a hit and run and that is how F. got his hands on Sharon.It wouldn't suprise me that he has done this before

:please:A Beautiful Child

There's a new and very promising lead that could finally result in a positive identification of Sharon Marshall. Law enforcement in a Midwestern state received a tip in August. I was notified about the new information, which involves a woman who knew Sharon's real family. The FBI and NCMEC are involved.

saw the same thing they would have not released info on this tip unless they were almost 100 percent sure it would pan out. finally we will have a name for sharon.

I saw Matt's post on FB... I am wondering if the the girl they think could be Sharon was ever reported missing?

I wish there was a way for me to get an alarm to sound on my phone when they give the news.

Are they thinking Sharon is Sheri Lynn Johnson missing Nov. 1973 along with her mother, Freda Denman and brother Michael Lloyd Johnson? Thought is the father killed the children's mother and the children were given away.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1024dfmo.html

This is looking very good, IMO. I see the resemblance here between Sharon and Freda.

Are they thinking Sharon is Sheri Lynn Johnson missing Nov. 1973 along with her mother, Freda Denman and brother Michael Lloyd Johnson? Thought is the father killed the children's mother and the children were given away.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1024dfmo.html

This is looking very good, IMO. I see the resemblance here between Sharon and Freda.
The Johnson case has its own thread here at WS:

MO MO - Freda, Sheri Lynn, & Michael Johnson, Independence, Nov 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Both FDF and the father Harbison were were involved with the Church of the New Song while in prison. There is circumstantial evidence that the two could have known each other, though there is no definite proof that they were in the same place at the same time. (EDIT: Rereading the other thread, I see now that FDF admitted he knew Harbison.) The possible link between Sharon and the Johnson case has apparently been looked at before, though it was before my time. The third post of the thread I link to above says:

At one time it was believed that Sheri was Suzanne Marshall, but DNA evidence proved otherwise.
So, is Sheri Lynn Johnson officially ruled out already? Long time followers of this case, can you confirm that?

MO MO - Freda, Sheri Lynn, & Michael Johnson, Independence, Nov 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Both FDF and the father Harbison were were involved with the Church of the New Song while in prison. There is circumstantial evidence that the two could have known each other, though there is no definite proof that they were in the same place at the same time. (EDIT: Rereading the other thread, I see now that FDF admitted he knew Harbison.) The possible link between Sharon and the Johnson case has apparently been looked at before, though it was before my time. The third post of the thread I link to above says:

So, is Sheri Lynn Johnson officially ruled out already? Long time followers of this case, can you confirm that?

Supposedly Sheri Lynn Johnson was ruled out by dna, but, but, but I believe the Denman family think Sheri Lynn is Sharon, and read somewhere, another thread here or elsewhere that the Independence MO police were not cooperating currently with the investigation.

What I find curious is that Freda Denman and her two children are listed as having brown hair and brown eyes while Sharon's eyes were known to be blue. Does the possibility exist the original descriptions of the missing family are wrong? That's the only thing that would make me consider the possibility that Sheri was Sharon.

Is there a chance the Independence MO LE did not really follow through on the dna testing, and lied about it due to the discrepancy of eye coloring? Lot of questions here, but the age of Sheri Lynn fits with Sharon's, and Floyd knowing Harbison is most eery. Also, I do see features of Freda Denman that resemble those of Sharon, imo. Then again, I so much want poor Sharon to have her real name back, something she never knew while alive.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought she was already ruled out. Sharon's hair is lighter than Sheri's & the eye color is different. Sheri is said to have brown &Sharon to have blue

i read somewhere that they ruled her out 100% or something like that i wish matt had more info to give us.. i am on edge and will be away from the computer from tomorrow late afternoon until the 11th going on vacation to cali and a cruse to mexico

From Matt's Twitter right now:
"Matt Birkbeck‏@MattBirkbeck1
Forgot to add, law enforcement is considering exhuming Sharon's remains to get a better DNA sample."
https://twitter.com/MattBirkbeck1
I thought....she was cremated? That's why all the work went into finding her adopted children to hopefully give a sample and the worry about losing that blood sample from the hospital? I read the book only once so maybe my memory is shot.

i read somewhere that they ruled her out 100% or something like that i wish matt had more info to give us.. i am on edge and will be away from the computer from tomorrow late afternoon until the 11th going on vacation to cali and a cruse to mexico

One of Sheri Lynn Johnson's relatives commented on Matt's FB post that Sheri Lynn was not a match to Sharon, but is waiting for DNA to come back for another possible match. They finally got a detective that is interested in the case. I hope the family of the Sheri, Michael and their mom gets some answers.

From Matt's Twitter right now:
"Matt Birkbeck‏@MattBirkbeck1
Forgot to add, law enforcement is considering exhuming Sharon's remains to get a better DNA sample."
https://twitter.com/MattBirkbeck1
I thought....she was cremated? That's why all the work went into finding her adopted children to hopefully give a sample and the worry about losing that blood sample from the hospital? I read the book only once so maybe my memory is shot.

I gave the book to my daughter to read and I didn't get it back, so I forget too. I thought too that the daughter she had adopted out submitted DNA also???

I'm so excited, I hope this all pans out-FINALLY~~!!!!!

I'm very interested in seeing where this new lead goes, though I'm trying not to let myself get too excited. I don't want to end up too extremely disappointed if this doesn't pan out. But Sharon and Michael's cases are the reason I became so interested in missing/unidentified cases. I would love to finally learn what her birth name was and see her truly be able to rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back