OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a little uncomfortable posting this because I imagine Snoangel is looking for her dad alive, but there is an unidentified body in an area with a heavy Marine presence who went by Steve and has that mole. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I think the nose structure is too far off and while Steven could have been deliberately straightening his hair it definitely did not appear to have any curl to it at all in his photos. And while I want the confirmation to come from Sno, I do suspect her father had brown eyes as stated in the original post, as this is what the colored photo of him appears to indicate.

So does he in fact have a mole on one of his cheeks? When I saw it in the color photo I initially assumed it was just something that had spilled on the photo because I didn't see the mole in the first black and white photo that was posted. Now in the second black and white photo, it appears that there may also be a mole (same position and location as in the colored photo) but on the opposite side. If it is a mole then at least one photo has been reversed, so it's difficult to tell which one is the correct cheek, but noting that he has a mole on one cheek might also be useful when searching through UIDs.
These pictures were sent to me by his sister. I had to clean up one of them and erase people out of 2 of them.

Attachments

• Remini20210923150649343.jpg
    Remini20210923150649343.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 92
  • FB_IMG_1616673365200.jpg
    FB_IMG_1616673365200.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 82
  • FB_IMG_1616605582555.jpg
    FB_IMG_1616605582555.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 93
I think the nose structure is too far off and while Steven could have been deliberately straightening his hair it definitely did not appear to have any curl to it at all in his photos. And while I want the confirmation to come from Sno, I do suspect her father had brown eyes as stated in the original post, as this is what the colored photo of him appears to indicate.
I will look at the photo. I'll also call the detective and see what she has to say. I'm open to look at anything. I'm hoping he is alive but I am at terms that he is deceased.

Attachments

• 1661273834136.jpg
    1661273834136.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 40
Yes please.
Please take a look at Chafee County John Doe 1981: CASE NUMBER - 1107UMCO

I'm posting him because his post-mortem interval is 1976, 5 years before he was discovered. It was the year your father vanished.

John Doe is 5'6"; Murphy is 5'2"-5'7" (fits)
John Doe is 160 lbs; Murphy is 130-180 lbs (fits)
John Doe was 15-19 years old; Murphy was 19 when he vanished

Please take a look at Chafee County John Doe 1981: CASE NUMBER - 1107UMCO

I'm posting him because his post-mortem interval is 1976, 5 years before he was discovered. It was the year your father vanished.

John Doe is 5'6"; Murphy is 5'2"-5'7" (fits)
John Doe is 160 lbs; Murphy is 130-180 lbs (fits)
John Doe was 15-19 years old; Murphy was 19 when he vanished
Thank you

Does anyone have a membership for this site? Tommy Wayne Murphy
This appears to be his father.
If so, is there more information?
It shows he had a child; however, it is marked "private."

Not that site, but I found his grave information on Find A Grave:

Tommy Wayne Murphy (1935-1973) - Find a Grave.... He was only 38 when he died.

This is the grandfather, I think: William Lee Murphy (1892-1956) - Find a Grave...

The find a grave information includes pointers to several family members but I don't see Steven Lee.

No children or grandchildren listed on either site. I wonder, is that to hide Stephen?

Find a Grave is often incomplete. You have to take it with several grains of salt. It doesn't have complete genealogy; it only shows relatives with known grave sites. There are a couple of other siblings who aren't listed because they're apparently still alive.

Does anyone have a membership for this site? Tommy Wayne Murphy
This appears to be his father.
If so, is there more information?
It shows he had a child; however, it is marked "private."
Yes that is my grand father. That happens to be my site. I haven't been able to gather much information on Tommy either.

No children or grandchildren listed on either site. I wonder, is that to hide Stephen?
Tommy died from heart conditions due to alchohol. William was Tommy's father. Stephen had 2 biological siblings and 2 half siblings. One biological sibling passed away in 2017. According to obituary Tommy is listed but Stephen was not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back