OK OK - Tony Day, 46, Jones, 3 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tony's case led me to read up on other Missing in Oklahoma.

WOW

This state is off the grid when it comes to strange, unexplained, mysterious, puzzling and frightening cases and the handling of them. It's like the Bermuda Triangle to me.

Back to Tony.... Wondering where he is....
Well-said. That's us. The Jamison family vanishing and the Freeman-Bible murders/disappearances. Jody Rilee Wilson's death. And those are just cases near me. The list is sad and it is long.

Midwest City cold case heats up with property search in Jones
Police won't confirm which cold case is involved

JONES, Okla. —Midwest City detectives searched a property in connection with a cold case Tuesday and Wednesday.

Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes would not say who police are searching for, only that the search is related to a cold case.

~Snip~

Searchers scoured a home and property on West Main Street in the heart of Jones on Tuesday and Wednesday. Representatives for the medical examiner's office were also on scene.

Police will not confirm that their search is in relation to Kirsten’s disappearance and for now the search warrant is sealed.

http://www.koco.com/news/midwest-city-cold-case-heats-up-with-property-search-in-jones/30588842

The Kirsten mentioned in the article is Kirsten Renee Hatfield, 8 years old, missing from Midwest City, OK from 1997. There is speculation the search is related to her, but Tony Day's truck was found 3.4 mi/6 mins from this property so it makes sense this could be about Tony Day.

Police say Day was last seen Thursday morning and his truck was found abandoned near N.E. 63rd Street and Henney Road.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11630658

Still no definitive word on which cold case LE is looking into.

http://www.news9.com/story/27795951/investigation-continues-into-midwest-city-cold-case

Crime scene investigators continue to dig behind a home in Jones for a third straight day. And still lots of questions remain about what they are looking for. Midwest City Police only will say they are following possible new leads on a cold case.

Digging and prodding at this home on Main Street has speculation soaring across town... The ME's office confirmed they've not received any remains yet...

News 9 spoke with a neighbor who tells us the woman who lives in this home has been gone for many years and the house has sat vacant.

Just watched the KFOR newscast and they report that LE will only confirm this search is regarding a Midwest City cold case. And then they listed five names, Kirsten's being one. Tony's name was not on the list.

Just watched the KFOR newscast and they report that LE will only confirm this search is regarding a Midwest City cold case. And then they listed five names, Kirsten's being one. Tony's name was not on the list.
Isn't that strange? Hmmm...I would think since his truck was found so close it would only make sense this could be about him.

Police wrap up search connected with Midwest City cold case

Police are staying tight lipped on this one, but they will confirm they’re searching for evidence in connection with a Midwest City cold case.

~Snip~

They won’t tell us which one, but the chief says there are five cold cases his office is still investigating.

Those are Kenneth Frasure (1986), Nancy Probst (2000), Dale Johnson (1997), Brenda White (1967), and Kirsten Hatfield (1997).

http://kfor.com/2015/01/08/police-wrap-up-search-connected-with-midwest-city-cold-case/

I have always wondered how BD felt about him getting custody of a child that was not theirs together. I can imagine a lot of women would not be thrilled with the situation. That's the first place my mind went to when I first heard about the case in 2010 and catching up today, I still see it the same way.

I always thought the mother of the child and her BF had something to do with this...

just came by this case and thought i would bump it.

While researching i google mapped "13800 NE 63rd" to take a look at the area.. Seems to be some odd letters or numbers mowed into a field that visible from sat view. I don't imagine there any relation whatsoever but i have to say that's a first for me while researching

Tony Gene Day
Demographics
Missing Age: 46 Years
3846_24611.jpg

Sex: Male

Height: 5' 0" (60 Inches)

Weight: 195 lbs

Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact: December 3, 2009

NamUs Case Created: December 5, 2009

County: Oklahoma County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Left for work on 12-3-2009 didn't show up for work or come home that evening. A GPS locator located his truck in wooded area near Northwest 63rd and Henney Road approximately 15 miles from his home.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown

Head Hair Description: full head of hair kept short and neat

Eye Color: Blue

Tattoo: left arm: Harley Davidson symbol with the name Lori above it. right arm: Woody Woodpecker head is a NASCAR tribute to a driver

Clothing: wrangler denim jeans. navy blue tee shirt with company logo Kimray with shortsleeve demin shirt with company Kimray. Black Kimray jacket with gray lining.

Eyewear: reading glasses

Footwear: brown lace up workbooks

Jewelry: right ring finger: Harley Davidson ring. left ring finger: tungsten steel wedding band left arm: gold watch

Transportation
1997 Chevrolet Suburban

Style: SUV

Color: Red

State: Oklahoma

Expiration Year: 2009

Comments: His pickup truck was found Thursday night near a field in northeast Oklahoma City and a GPS tracking device indicates it was parked there about 6 a.m. Thursday. Investigators said they tracked his Kim-Ray truck with GPS and found it in the field that was not part of his regular route. They said they know the vehicle made a 4-minute stop at Harrah and Britton roads.

NamUs #MP3846

Tony Gene Day — Oklahoma Cold Cases

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8