OK OK - Tracey Neilson, 21, Moore, 5 January 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Louis maybe?

Assuming, but not sure, if the poi wrote the whole ticket or not,
but thinking French people often, imo, write the number 4 that way, which made the name Louis, say bonjour to me!

Glad I made you laugh. It is a good way to start the day. Its been so long, I really don't know why I think that, which is why I put I think. But, I am pretty certain I've heard or read something about this before. I think they had talked about it might be related to a cable company in some way, but did not say why. I knew some of the OSBI investigators back then and they tried really hard to solve cases like this. They would not have left that book un-investigated. I didn't know they weren't legally allowed to share some information. I'm glad that has changed. I've always wondered why and this would be a great example. I think the last letter looks like an aborted e, like they started the jog over and changed their mind. I can also see a sideways r, but to me it went on to be another letter after the r, if it is an r, because it is raised up so high on the end. I wish I was familiar with some kind of tracing software that could show how it was possibly drawn out. I'd like to see more about how the first letter and second letter are connected. It seems practiced in the beginning and aborted in the end. Maybe a capital L, S or T, followed by a lower case o and possibly an r.

What kind of person, especially one on the job, can work up the kind of blind rage necessary to brutally murder a young woman, before noon?!

http://okwnews.com/news/whatzup/sta...dence-in-34-year-old-moore-homicide-case.html

"January 5, 1981, started as a happy day for Tracey Neilson. She was celebrating her 21st birthday that day. The OU student ran several errands in Moore that morning. Eyewitnesses put her home just before noon. After noon, several friends and family called to wish her a happy birthday. She never answered the phone".

Glad the initials were posted. The link (or really the pic in it) wasn't working for me and I had no clue what it actually looked like.

I write legibly and just about everybody can understand, but use "my" letters (not solely "how we're taught in school" letters). Some of my letters are like the printed version but connected like cursive letters (if that makes any sense).

That kind of looks like how I would make "J B E" but I'd make the "J" larger.

I see a "B" and the last one looks like an "E." I can't tell if there is a letter before that, let alone what it would be. I thought it looked like a "J" but it would have to be tiny compared to the other letters if it was.

I know that LE already knows everything I'm about to type but here goes:
This is a telephone cable repair ticket. If you look at the "ref."# at the top of the ticket, ref. 469-060-922sw, and google it, it will take you to a memo dated 1989 from Southwestern Bell regarding maintenance tickets (hence the sw after the numbers). The employee #, 1A3, as listed on the bottom of the ticket, is an employee ID #. Surely LE looked into that with Southwestern Bell to see who that # was assigned to. Of course, some old SWBell employee could have kept their old uniform and ticket book and gained entry by posing as a repair man.
This article states that OBSI hasn't been able to find out which cable company went to Tracey's home. Surely they must have ruled out SWBell. http://kfor.com/2015/01/05/authorities-release-crucial-piece-of-evidence-in-34-year-old-homicide/

I would think if this was a legitimate ticket then this could have been solved very quickly. I'm thinking it was part of the perp's disguise. He could have been a former employee of the telephone company or maybe just found this ticket book someplace. It wouldn't be hard to get someone to open the door to you if you were wearing what looked like a uniform and holding the ticket book. It would make him look official. Is the address and apartment number real? Does it correspond to her apartment?

Even if she hadn't called about a telephone problem, I think he could easily have knocked on her door and gotten her to open it. He could even have pretended to be looking for the correct apartment, like asking, "Are you Mrs. So-And-So who called about your phone?" Then all he would have to do is subdue or threaten her or just push her back into the apartment.

What has made me crazy is that nearly every news story from yesterday about the ticket book says that the OSBI doesn't know what company the ticket book belonged to. "Scrawled on the line for the employee's signature are three letters, possibly the initials of the person who last saw Neilson alive. The ticket book was generic and did not have on it a company's name." http://www.news9.com/story/27764645...nce-helps-solve-decades-old-moore-murder-case

And they say they don't know who the company is on this video: http://newsok.com/investigators-reveal-evidence-in-moore-cold-case/article/5382034/?page=2

Why don't they just come out and say: Anyone who worked for SWBell during that time, please look at these initials and see if you recognize them.

So I called and had a 30 second discussion with the tip line guy, who was super sweet. He says they are flooded with calls right now about it being a SWBell ticket book. I bet they are trying to get people to look at the handwriting/initials for recognition and also seeking people who worked for SWBell during that time. But I wish they would quit saying they don't know what company the ticket book belonged to because it's confusing people.

Also, the address on the ticket is her apt complex, Jamestown Square, which is still there.

I wonder if SWBell used subcontractors during that time to work on their lines. If that was the case, they may have distributed these to the subs to perform the work, which would be why they don't know which company it comes from.

Another thing that occurs to me is maybe they don't know which SWBell it comes from. It might have come from the local SWBell, or from an out of state SWBell, etc...

I just saw this case on the Dateline Facebook page and came on here to get more information. As for the name, I see "Bob". The last letter reminds me of how I make my b's sometimes. Studying it further, it could be Lou or Joe.

Poor thing. She would be established in her career now, her husband well established in his practice, their children would probably be raised. She'd be planning holidays with her family, going to grandchildren activities, looking forward to retirement. So sad, so much loss. I think I probably went past her apartment at least a couple of times a day. I read the articles about her. McCarty would not have known her from school as she went to school elsewhere. I never could figure out what her major was in college. She doesn't seem like the type to smoke weed or party. It also doesn't seem like she would have known a lot of people in the area. She seems really low risk. So sad.

What has made me crazy is that nearly every news story from yesterday about the ticket book says that the OSBI doesn't know what company the ticket book belonged to. "Scrawled on the line for the employee's signature are three letters, possibly the initials of the person who last saw Neilson alive. The ticket book was generic and did not have on it a company's name." http://www.news9.com/story/27764645...nce-helps-solve-decades-old-moore-murder-case

And they say they don't know who the company is on this video: http://newsok.com/investigators-reveal-evidence-in-moore-cold-case/article/5382034/?page=2

Why don't they just come out and say: Anyone who worked for SWBell during that time, please look at these initials and see if you recognize them.

So I called and had a 30 second discussion with the tip line guy, who was super sweet. He says they are flooded with calls right now about it being a SWBell ticket book. I bet they are trying to get people to look at the handwriting/initials for recognition and also seeking people who worked for SWBell during that time. But I wish they would quit saying they don't know what company the ticket book belonged to because it's confusing people.

Also, the address on the ticket is her apt complex, Jamestown Square, which is still there.

Maybe they were intentionally vague or misleading to see what king of info they would get...or perhaps they don't want to limit it to just SWBell employees to look - could be the person that signed that ticket went to work somewhere else and someone might recognize the signature. My other thought is that they just want the general public to look to see if someone may stop info on that ticket that they didn't notice before - a secret code or message or something. Last one's a stretch but trying to think outside the box lol.

Wondering if the invoice pad was one used for students?
In order to get the job, maybe perp had to attend one of those short term training centers..

34bbaa38-57f9-43d2-bef9-db431673bf91_zpsa19c3e52.jpg

Can't quite make out the first letter; it's cursive, could be an S, an L, an F... maybe an I?

The second and third letters are o and r and the rest of the signature is just a line.

Forrest somebody? Ford?

Lorne?

Sor... can't think of anything that works with that.

It's very possible the signature is the initial of a first name and then a full last name.

S. Or...

F. Or...

L. Or...

I. Or...

Orson. Orton. Orman. Ornelas. Orcutt. Orendorff. Orbison.

Yeah, that's all I got.

I see "Joe".

Just came across this item concerning a man, Ralph Ernest Power who, in 1981, posed as a telephone repairman who murdered a woman and stalked at least 15 other women!
rbbm.
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/city/story.html?id=82caeaa7-3753-4aa8-9c55-d23fadf88f9c
Jan 2006

""It is a matter of public safety that he should not be released," the petition read. "He should not be free to harm others. Please remember Ralph Power had a list of 15 other victims."

Sheryl Gardner was an aspiring model working in Toronto when she attracted the attention of Mr. Power, then a 28-year-old cleaner at a nearby Burger King restaurant.

Mr. Power, impersonating a telephone repairman, arrived at Ms. Gardner's apartment one evening to fix her telephone. He had phoned the previous day to schedule the appointment and arrived with a Bell Canada uniform and work order."

Wouldnt she have had phone records of ringing a cable company?
Or fingerprints on the reciept from when he handed it to her.

OSBI Pursues New Lead In Moore Cold Case

OSBI agents now believe the killer may have taken a small keychain, approximately 1X4 inches, bearing the name “Tracey” as a souvenir from the murder.

“In our experience killers sometimes will take items of evidence or personal belongings from their victims. So we believe the killer very likely took the key ring and may still have it,” said Florence.

New Photos Released - Video Link

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says it has received over 20 tips after releasing new information on a 34-year-old unsolved murder case out of Moore.

~~

On Monday, the OSBI closed the phone bank. Agents received more than 20 tips on the case. The public can still contact the OSBI with tips in the case, the call will just be answered by a dispatcher rather than an agent. You can call the tip-line at 1-800-522-8017.

http://www.okcfox.com/story/29536353/osbi-receives-more-than-20-tips-in-34-year-old-murder-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings
Back