OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, LE could have clear evidence that the ladies are tragically deceased and simply working to find their remains?
BBM. Snipped for focus.

The "evidence of foul play" found in the car can possibly be something that points to one or both of them being deceased. It wouldn't explain why they're not searching, even if for remains, though.

Edit to fix words.

Last edited:
There is too much fear. Couple that with a strict gag order to all those close to the case.
Gag orders can only be issued by a judge once they charge someone with a crime and their case start going through the first legal procedures... Or is it any different in OK?
Afaik, the police asking people close to the case not to speak on it isn't a gag order.

Just speculating with reference to "gag order" rumors...

After seeing the rabid rumor mongering in various social media circles that appears to be fueled by youtubers, I can't help but wonder if the direction from LE to not speak to the media could have stemmed from an effort to tamp down on youtuber investigations, not just MSM inquiries.

It also makes me wonder if the court records may have been sealed in part to try to prevent youtubers from going IRL with their investigations (as they have) and contacting the various folks listed in those records before LE has had a chance to thoroughly interview them.

As if you couldn't tell, I'm not big on youtubers' IRL investigation of crimes when the cases are fresh and under active investigation from LE.
BBM.
If this place is even half of what people are saying it it (no man's land and all that), innocent people could get hurt trying to do the whole true-crime-youtuber-boots-on-the-ground-sleuthing thing.

Edit to add that I'm also not a huge fan of people who think they're the real deal on YT with their "investigations".

Last edited:
Yes, it is very farfetched.

Unfortunately, some of the more backwoods billy-bob types seem to think it's a surefire way to get rid of bodies. Members of my husband's family from South Texas are always saying odd things like that.

And believing them.

Let's hope no one would really go to that extreme thinking it's a great idea.

Besides, if LE thought that might be the case, they'd be all over that hog farm.
<modsnip: Discussing removed posts is a violation of Websleuths TOS>

Just to say that I've seen this happen before. It isn't as far fetched as people think. Could be hogs, pigs, dogs or any animal that'll eat anything you put in front of them, and then they make up some other solution to dispose of what is left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Another thing that rules out hog farms, IMO, and I hate to get gruesome, but hogs may eat at human remains, but they don't consume all of it and the bones. Sorry, but IMO the hog farm to dispose of the bodies scenario is just going off the deep end.
I know it sounds far fetched, but it happens. There are cases, even recently, and some of them in Kansas and Oklahoma.
It’s gruesome and unspeakable.

Detective Walker interviewed in the video mentions hog farms and said he is familiar with at least two cases like that.
He was beloved on the show “the first 48” and stationed in Tulsa, OK on the show.

I guess it would be too much to ask that an anonymous tip line be established...
What we don't know:
1. Was there blood in the vehicle or on the ground?
2. It was VB's child's birthday. Obviously, presents in the car. Were they found?
3. What happened to the women's purses?
4. Did a possible suspect make a large $ withdrawal perhaps to give to someone?
5. Has VB's children been told about their missing mother? (Kids talk at school.)
Just a few unanswered questions...

I've followed many cases with no word from LE. Typically, though, they were murder cases where the remains have been located. Especially when the FBI are involved, they prefer a tight lid on a case, versus local Sheriff's who like to connect with the voters.

The most recent missing person case that I recall getting no media/social media/LE statements (outside WS), was a tourist who went missing in the desert areas in California. No word or updates for months. Family were very suspicious and accusatory towards someone, IMO that was probably why LE didn't give them updates.

It turned out to be an accident (not saying it is in this case), but the similar features I see with this case is:
- The women went missing outside their home community
-On the ground searching is too wasteful of time. It's planting season, locals will know their own fields/out buildings.
-People close to the victims are not imagining this could have been an accident, a mistake, some mental health crisis...IMO, they strongly believe they know exactly what happened, and so public rallies/vigils are inappropriate. Their only hope is LE, and they'll do whatever LE asks, to support them.

JMO
Kinda disagree with FBI assessment. Remember Jacob Wetterling? FBI agent lived nearby. He gave opinions. (And he was very wrong.)

Kinda disagree with FBI assessment. Remember Jacob Wetterling? FBI agent lived nearby. He gave opinions. (And he was very wrong.)
An FBI agent working the case gave opinions? Or just an FBI agent? Because those are two very different things.

I haven’t seen a case where the FBI gives out more information than necessary.

What we don't know:
1. Was there blood in the vehicle or on the ground?
2. It was VB's child's birthday. Obviously, presents in the car. Were they found?
3. What happened to the women's purses?
4. Did a possible suspect make a large $ withdrawal perhaps to give to someone?
5. Has VB's children been told about their missing mother? (Kids talk at school.)
Just a few unanswered questions...
One more:
6. Was the car window busted from the inside or the outside?
Do we know that?

Just speculating with reference to "gag order" rumors...

After seeing the rabid rumor mongering in various social media circles that appears to be fueled by youtubers, I can't help but wonder if the direction from LE to not speak to the media could have stemmed from an effort to tamp down on youtuber investigations, not just MSM inquiries.

It also makes me wonder if the court records may have been sealed in part to try to prevent youtubers from going IRL with their investigations (as they have) and contacting the various folks listed in those records before LE has had a chance to thoroughly interview them.

As if you couldn't tell, I'm not big on youtubers' IRL investigation of crimes when the cases are fresh and under active investigation from LE.
I'm somewhat surprised by claims that people are afraid to speak, or that they have been told to not speak. If anyone knows anything about the two missing women, the normal thing would be for them to provide whatever information they have to investigators.

Are the civilians who are running around the crime scene with cameras, and claiming to have command centres and doing an investigation, the same source for claims that people are afraid to come forward with information that may be relevant? I assume that it is not coming from investigators.

Gag orders can only be issued by a judge once they charge someone with a crime and their case start going through the first legal procedures... Or is it any different in OK?
Afaik, the police asking people close to the case not to speak on it isn't a gag order.
Exactly. Police routinely ask those who have relevant information to stay away from the media in order to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela