OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oklahoma police believe missing Kansas women Veronica Butler and Jillian Kelley met with “foul play.”

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the case. “UPDATE- Based on the information obtained from the victim’s vehicle, our investigators believe there was evidence to indicate foul play,” the agency wrote in a post on X.

“We are still searching for these victims and there are no arrests at this time. We ask that anyone with additional information to contact us,” OSBI wrote. The women disappeared on March 30. There is a Facebook group devoted to finding the women.

• Updated Apr 4, 2024 at 11:32am

Agree. I can't remember a case where the only information given by LE is "foul play suspected" - for days, and nothing else. It's also the only time I can remember where we didn't see public outcries, prayer vigils, candlelight services, public pleas from family and friends. Everything about this is really weird.
I've followed many cases with no word from LE. Typically, though, they were murder cases where the remains have been located. Especially when the FBI are involved, they prefer a tight lid on a case, versus local Sheriff's who like to connect with the voters.

The most recent missing person case that I recall getting no media/social media/LE statements (outside WS), was a tourist who went missing in the desert areas in California. No word or updates for months. Family were very suspicious and accusatory towards someone, IMO that was probably why LE didn't give them updates.

It turned out to be an accident (not saying it is in this case), but the similar features I see with this case is:
- The women went missing outside their home community
-On the ground searching is too wasteful of time. It's planting season, locals will know their own fields/out buildings.
-People close to the victims are not imagining this could have been an accident, a mistake, some mental health crisis...IMO, they strongly believe they know exactly what happened, and so public rallies/vigils are inappropriate. Their only hope is LE, and they'll do whatever LE asks, to support them.

JMO

I'm struggling with the idea that VB and JK could be anywhere in the vicinity of Cimarron or Texas counties. If the disappearance was as targeted and planned as most assume, the perps would know that LE could be alerted within an hour of the incident, know which properties would immediately start being cruised by, and know they would have a very short window of time and high risk to relocate/remain within those two counties. Within that one hour, they could be across state lines in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado or Kansas and far away from OK LE investigation. I think this rules out hog farms in my mind, along with some other reasons.

Wonder if Texas, New Mexico, or Colorado LE are involved at all.

I'm struggling with the idea that VB and JK could be anywhere in the vicinity of Cimarron or Texas counties. If the disappearance was as targeted and planned as most assume, the perps would know that LE could be alerted within an hour of the incident, know which properties would immediately start being cruised by, and know they would have a very short window of time and high risk to relocate/remain within those two counties. Within that one hour, they could be across state lines in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado or Kansas and far away from OK LE investigation. I think this rules out hog farms in my mind, along with some other reasons.

I agree. Another thing that rules out hog farms, IMO, and I hate to get gruesome, but hogs may eat at human remains, but they don't consume all of it and the bones. Sorry, but IMO the hog farm to dispose of the bodies scenario is just going off the deep end.

I agree. Another thing that rules out hog farms, IMO, and I hate to get gruesome, but hogs may eat at human remains, but they don't consume all of it and the bones. Sorry, but IMO the hog farm to dispose of the bodies scenario is just going off the deep end.
We've seen this issue in other cases and iirc the hogs eat the bones but don't fully digest them.

The reality is that as far as I know its virtually impossible to drain a lagoon and I don't even know if its possible for a fully protected human or even remote operated vehicle to go into a lagoon to search for bones/remains simply due to the level of toxicity.

Perhaps someone here can weigh in on this issue as I don't know how the FBI and LE would go about investigating the lagoons associated with the livestock farms.

MOO

I believe it was reported that Colorado State LE was involved and assisting with interviews as was Kansas State LE.

I believe it was reported that Colorado State LE was involved and assisting with interviews as was Kansas State LE.

Even if a body is fed to hogs they won't eat everything, can't digest teeth, or hair, AND they make a mess, so there will be DNA all over the place.
I think their bodies have been placed in some structure on the murderer's (or a neighbor's) farm/land, or burned.

Yes, it is very farfetched.

Unfortunately, some of the more backwoods billy-bob types seem to think it's a surefire way to get rid of bodies. Members of my husband's family from South Texas are always saying odd things like that.

And believing them.

Let's hope no one would really go to that extreme thinking it's a great idea.

Besides, if LE thought that might be the case, they'd be all over that hog farm.

Even if a body is fed to hogs they won't eat everything, can't digest teeth, or hair, AND they make a mess, so there will be DNA all over the place.
I think their bodies have been placed in some structure on the murderer's (or a neighbor's) farm/land, or burned.
I am inclined to think cattle incinerator. They are all over the place in that neck of the state. It is no odd site to see farmers dumping something large into one. It’s just an everyday piece of equipment. Unsettling thought, but people are capable of some sinister stuff.

I am inclined to think cattle incinerator. They are all over the place in that neck of the state. It is no odd site to see farmers dumping something large into one. It’s just an everyday piece of equipment. Unsettling thought, but people are capable of some sinister stuff.
Same! Me too. How else could the bodies have been hidden so long? Because they are no more? Too risky and incomplete with hogs. If a local is involved, it’s got to be someone with resources to pull this off. Human, money and land. Someone powerful? Motive? Was it for love?

Last edited:
Same! Me too. How else could the bodies have been hidden so long? Because they are no more? Too risky and incomplete with hogs. If a local is involved, it’s got to be someone with resources to pull this off. Human, money and land. Someone powerful? Motive? Was it for love?
My theory…One person ticks all the boxes. She may not have necessarily done the deed, but she orchestrated the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand