OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the date of the upcoming court proceedings been made public? I presume with VB missing, it will be dismissed, but will that happen before she doesn't show up?
Since the records have been sealed, we will likely not know. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are new proceedings re: the children also under seal.

Last edited:
Unless this was an act of random road rage/violence against VB and JK, which IMO seems highly unlikely given the circumstances, I would continue to ask the question regarding motive: In the present situation, who would benefit from VB's disappearance?

MOO

Unless this was an act of random road rage/violence against VB and JK, which IMO seems highly unlikely given the circumstances, I would continue to ask the question regarding motive: In the present situation, who would benefit from VB's disappearance?

MOO
Yup, and there's a clear direction there. Of course we know next to nothing at this stage, but all things being equal, when we see this sort of behavior from law enforcement it is because they are far from lost. What's a bit different here is the remote location of the crime, which means there's not a great deal of on the ground local news coverage like we're used to. It just makes things a little bit difficult to gauge.

I think everything is going to happen at once here. Days of silence and invisible activity punctuated by a flurry of action and multiple arrests.

And given the location bordering multiple states with people crossing multiple state lines…
They do have excellent forensic and technical capabilities too, which is another reason they frequently come into play.

I agree that the state lines thing is a factor though, as there’s the potential for the investigation to expand beyond Oklahoma, which opens up jurisdictional issues the Feds obviously don’t have.

Yup, and there's a clear direction there. Of course we know next to nothing at this stage, but all things being equal, when we see this sort of behavior from law enforcement it is because they are far from lost. What's a bit different here is the remote location of the crime, which means there's not a great deal of on the ground local news coverage like we're used to. It just makes things a little bit difficult to gauge.

I think everything is going to happen at once here. Days of silence and invisible activity punctuated by a flurry of action and multiple arrests.
I certainly hope so.

I do want cold hard justice for these two women.

What the hell are “waste pit lagoons”? I’m not from US is that like a slurry pit??
Unfortunately, I know too much about that.

Waste pit lagoons are common in rural regions where the ground doesn't "perc," meaning it will not absorb water so residents cannot install sewer systems with laterals. They have to install open-air sewage pits. Lagoons. Each home in the country will have one--as my house does--and they're designed in a kind of an upsidedown pyramid shape and somehow a culture develops in the lagoon that consumes all waste from the house. Sewage waste, not trash. They're gross but you get used to them because there are no other options.

There is a lagoon in my hometown. I don't think every house is connected to it but there's only one. Apparently snakes really like it.
I'd be willing to bet there are snakes around mine, too, but I don't go check. We have it set about 500 yards away from the house -- with thick tree borders in-between. Plus, it's fenced off. But, it's icky. I've never gotten used to it. If a breeze comes from the north -- ick.

Next Wednesday on Zone 7 @lauraingle will be live from Oklahoma! Where are Veronica and Jillian? Who had motive, means and opportunity? When you have a custody battle that has lasted 9 years the ex, and ex in laws must be ruled out. This should be a parallel investigation.

While I see this as a real possibility, I've just realized that if VB kept the children past the time she was allowed how that would have played in the upcoming court appointment. There was no reason to harm the women; VB would have tanked her own case and had no chance of getting custody.
Yeah.

IMO, people who have spoken to police - ie anyone who actually knew the situation, have been told not to speak to the media.

So that leaves the people who know nothing, maybe met and chatted without actually paying any attention to what she said, but who are now looking to be in the limelight with something important to feed the media.

It doesn't make sense with what we know, so I don't give that quote in the media any credence.

JMO

Last edited:
Not sure I understand that in a 9 year custody battle the ex and ex in laws must be ruled out??????
They're saying that they have to be looked at first, as the motive is there. I assume the parallel investigation comment has to do with also looking at other potential suspects at the same time.

Not sure I understand that in a 9 year custody battle the ex and ex in laws must be ruled out??????
anyone involved in a contentious relationship with a missing person must be looked at hard as a suspect must they not? and that hard look would need to continue until they were ruled out, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member