OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be more done to protect parents during exchanges.Taking along JK they probably thought that would do.

OT
I worked as a nanny some 35 years ago and had to take 2 children to a security guard station once a week for a visit.
It was a crazy story and I got drama from both sides. One of the scariest things I ever had to do because these people had a lot of anger and money. I was always in fear they would snatch the children or break into the home.
I sure hope the children lead happy lives.

Doesn't Texas EquuSearch only help if requested by LE?

On their website, they encourage family of missing persons to contact them directly, but LE has to give consent for them to get involved. But these two women are missing and you would think, at least I would think, LE would appreciate their help as a reputable volunteer organization, especially in such a rural area.

There has to be more done to protect parents during exchanges.Taking along JK they probably thought that would do.

OT
I worked as a nanny some 35 years ago and had to take 2 children to a security guard station once a week for a visit.
It was a crazy story and I got drama from both sides. One of the scariest things I ever had to do because these people had a lot of anger and money. I was always in fear they would snatch the children or break into the home.
I sure hope the children lead happy lives.

Yes, and have we learned nothing from the Josh Powell episode?

That social worker was in the danger zone, and could very easily been inside the house when he murdered his boys, burned up the house, and committed suicide.

The Wagner case. Horrible and unbelievable and tragic.

I understand trying to read the tea leaves to see where a child custody situation is headed. But can’t we be safe rather than sorry?

Two missing mothers in Oklahoma appear to be victims of "foul play," according to authorities, who are investigating why the women never appeared to pick up children as planned.
[snip]
"Based on the information obtained from the victim's vehicle, our investigators believe there was evidence to indicate foul play," the bureau said in an update on Wednesday.
'Foul play' suspected in case of missing moms in Oklahoma, police say

McKee declined to say what evidence was found in the vehicle, citing the continuing investigation.
[snip]
The sheriff's office has turned the investigation over to the OSBI.
https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/foul-play-suspected-in-the-disappearance-of-two-19387644.php

ETA I wish we knew what evidence was found in the car.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find if unusual that we have only been hearing in the past 24 hours about evidence in the car leading LE to suspect foul play? I mean, the vehicle was found on Saturday, March 30th. Why are we only now hearing of this evidence of foul play?

I sure hope LE know a whole bunch more than they are letting on.

Does anyone else find if unusual that we have only been hearing in the past 24 hours about evidence in the car leading LE to suspect foul play? I mean, the vehicle was found on Saturday, March 30th. Why are we only now hearing of this evidence of foul play?

I sure hope LE know a whole bunch more than they are letting on.
Not really. If there was suspected blood inside the vehicle, I suppose it would take a few days to complete DNA tests to determine whose blood it is. That could explain the delay in confirming that something serious happened inside or near the car.

I suppose, but blood evidence, even if not tied to the missing women, would in my mind still indicate strongly that foul play was involved in the women's disappearance. I would think DNA would not be needed to say "we found blood, something bad went down here"

Broken driver's side window plus car in the brush beside the road sounds to me like drive-by shooting.
As in, a random attack?
I've never heard of a drive-by shooting in which the shooter goes back and absconds with the bodies of their victims.
Or are you thinking a drive-by shooting as part of a coordinated ambush with others who then took the bodies to hide or dispose of them?

As in, a random attack?
I've never heard of a drive-by shooting in which the shooter goes back and absconds with the bodies of their victims.
Or are you thinking a drive-by shooting as part of a coordinated ambush with others who then took the bodies to hide or dispose of them?

I wouldn't rule out random attack, but I was thinking ambush. Not necessarily coordinated--in that isolated area, they could easy drive up beside the women to do the shooting, then park beside the crashed car.

I wouldn't rule out random attack, but I was thinking ambush. Not necessarily coordinated--in that isolated area, they could easy drive up beside the women to do the shooting, then park beside the crashed car.

Agree.

Has some echoes of the lay-in-wait attack on Jared Bridegan, plus a kidnapping/ removal of victims. Several threads here on that one.

Agree.

Has some echoes of the lay-in-wait attack on Jared Bridegan, plus a kidnapping/ removal of victims. Several threads here on that one.

Well, that is a case that will make a person raise their eyebrows. Wow.

Four Corners is written on the building, but it appears to be abandoned. Why would the courts agree to this, or has the business closed more recently? Date on Google Maps is 2022.

View attachment 495113
link

View attachment 495111
The sign has been taken down.
View attachment 495112
Google Maps
The street view from 2008, the only view prior to 2022, shows it open and busy. If it was a victim of the Great Recession, it could've been closed for as many as 15 years.
Also note tree in front of store in 2022, absent in 2008.
ETA: in Historic Aerials, that tree can be seen in the 2013 aerial but not in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB