Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS!! :)

According to the NG show last night, a size 6 is usually worn by girls ages 2-3 yrs old.

I have all girls, and they have a lot of friends. I have never known a two year old who wore a size six dress. One family we know well has a mom who is 5'10'' and the dad is 6'11". their youngest is 7 and she wears size eight pants, and has to have a belt to keep them up.

Look at Caylee's family, they are all small to average size. Even if Mystery-Dad were very tall, there is no way Caylee could even begin to keep up a six. She never even turned three years old...she would fall out of the hole for the collar!

Susan

Hi, 1st post.

Would a 2-3 yr. old wear a size 6?
My daughter is in her 20's but I seem to remember her wearing the same size as the age she was.

Sizes are relative. I have 3 daughters, and the youngest wore all her sister's hand-me-downs. Thos clothes were smaller (and grubbier, lol) by the time they got to her. poor kid.

There is no way of knowing if that particular size fit Caylee or not. Clothes shrink, clothes are hemmed and taken in, etc. Someone also pointed out that some costumes are bought larger, to wear over regular clothes if it is chilly.
PJ's are notorious for running big.
Sometimes, we buy clothes larger to get more wear fromthem

My daughter will be five in January and she is starting to outgrow the length of her 4T clothes but is still too slender to fully fit into a 5T or 5 clothing. I highly doubt a two year old turning three would fit into a size 6. Especially a petite girl like caylee...plus, isn't she closer to about 24 mos in the photo she is seen in that dress? I wouldn't put too much stock in these findings...

I agree, my jaw dropped when I heard the size last night on NG.

I've never heard of a barely 3 year old wearing a full size 6. I actually still wore a 4T when I started Kindergarten. I know this because my grandmother did something called "tatting" to the collar of the shirt and I still have it put away and checked the size.

I also have friends that have toddlers and have bought them clothes on occasion and never bought anything close to a size 6.

I disagreed with Nancy on this last night, and I'll disagree with it here.

My 4 y/o daughter wears a size 4T, she wore a 3T when she was 3, and a 2T when she was 2, etc...etc... Sizes are pretty consistent with age as babies/toddlers - unless of course the child is HUGE for their age - and by the appearance of Caylee in her photographs she looked like a typical 2-3 year old.

If I put one of our Disney Princess dresses that are a size 6 on my daughter today, she would literally be swimming in it.

IMO this dress has absolutely nothing to do with Caylee.

We cannot always judge based on our own personal experience. It is a wide and varied world with variables galore, and the fact that one single child does not fit this dress, does not in any way indicate that a thousand others will not. We must look at the FACTS.

Fact 1: Found near airport in area of cell pings
Fact 2: Tim was UPSET about it being leaked
Fact 3: Disney clothing reportedly runs much smaller than other lines
Fact 5: People often buy clothing such as dresses in a size or so bigger, and this would be especially true with a child's "princess" wardrobe.
Fact 6: We will know in the end when the testing is completed...

I have all girls, and they have a lot of friends. I have never known a two year old who wore a size six dress. One family we know well has a mom who is 5'10'' and the dad is 6'11". their youngest is 7 and she wears size eight pants, and has to have a belt to keep them up.

Look at Caylee's family, they are all small to average size. Even if Mystery-Dad were very tall, there is no way Caylee could even begin to keep up a six. She never even turned three years old...she would fall out of the hole for the collar!

Susan

I posted the official Disney sizing chart and NG was wrong...

We cannot always judge based on our own personal experience. It is a wide and varied world with variables galore, and the fact that one single child does not fit this dress, does not in any way indicate that a thousand others will not. We must look at the FACTS.

Fact 1: Found near airport in area of cell pings
Fact 2: Tim was UPSET about it being leaked
Fact 3: Disney clothing reportedly runs much smaller than other lines
Fact 5: People often buy clothing such as dresses in a size or so bigger, and this would be especially true with a child's "princess" wardrobe.
Fact 6: We will know in the end when the testing is completed...

According the the Disney website, their size 6 for girls is made for 5-6 yrs old...I posted the chart and link in a post on page 1 of this thread.

Welcome to WS!! :)

According to the NG show last night, a size 6 is usually worn by girls ages 2-3 yrs old.
My DD is the exact same age, size adn height as Caylee as is listed in her missing person's fliers and there is no way she can wear a size 6 dress. Dd is tall but she wears a size 3T dress maybe a 4 depending on the brand. I think this dress is bogus.

I posted the official Disney sizing chart and NG was wrong...

Unfortunately, disney clothing, I am not sure about dresses, especially pj's are notorious for shrinking 2 or 3 sizes, and this is NO exaggeration. Evert time I buy my boys disney pj's in their size, as soon as I wash and dry them they are WAY too small. I regularly buy their disney pj's 2 to even 3 sizes too big to account for this shrink factor, as each time they are dried, they shrink even more...perhaps it is the same with the costumes.

Also we had a poster on the NG thread who posted a picture of here 3 year old princess WEARING a size 6 disney princess dress, and pictures don't lie do they? It IS entirely possible...:)

Unfortunately, disney clothing, I am not sure about dresses, especially pj's are notorious for shrinking 2 or 3 sizes, and this is NO exaggeration. Evert time I buy my boys disney pj's in their size, as soon as I wash and dry them they are WAY too small. I regularly buy their disney pj's 2 to even 3 sizes too big to account for this shrink factor, as each time they are dried, they shrink even more...perhaps it is the same with the costumes.

Also we had a poster on the NG thread who posted a picture of here 3 year old princess WEARING a size 6 disney princess dress, and pictures don't lie do they? It IS entirely possible...:)

I'm just going by the official Disney site.... :)

My DD is the exact same age, size adn height as Caylee as is listed in her missing person's fliers and there is no way she can wear a size 6 dress. Dd is tall but she wears a size 3T dress maybe a 4 depending on the brand. I think this dress is bogus.

I agree

have any of you ever heard of a little girl who saw a new dress that was bought for her......maybe for later.......and she said , "I WANNA"!!!........
it's all cute and new and appealing and a child might ask to wear it even if it doesn't fit....
maybe someone mentioned this already .......
anyway, the dress may not have anything to do with Caylee.........we'll have to wait and see.......

According the the Disney website, their size 6 for girls is made for 5-6 yrs old...I posted the chart and link in a post on page 1 of this thread.

Sizing charts no longer apply AFTER an item has been put in a dryer. That well may be the sizing according to when it is purchased, but after laundering, and especially after dryer shrinkage, those charts would no longer apply.

From what I can see the Anthony family they had a FORTUNE invested in these costumes for Caylee. It is entirely possible and even plausible that they purchased the costumes too big to account for growth and shrinkage to get the most for their money. These things are not cheap, and range anywhere from $40 and upwards each...and that is not including the accessories...:)

Sizing charts no longer apply AFTER an item has been put in a dryer. That well may be the sizing according to when it is purchased, but after laundering, and especially after dryer shrinkage, those charts would no longer apply.

From what I can see the Anthony family they had a FORTUNE invested in these costumes for Caylee. It is entirely possible and even plausible that they purchased the costumes too big to account for growth and shrinkage to get the most for their money. These things are not cheap, and range anywhere from $40 and upwards each...and that is not including the accessories...:)

I don't have any personal experience with Disney girls' clothing. I was posting the official Disney chart for a frame of reference. I really don't want to argue about this.

The testing will be completed and we will find out if the dress belonged to Caylee. :)

On the NG show last night, her staff found that a size 6 is consistant with a 2-3 yr old girl...

I've never known a 3 year old to wear a size 6. The child would have to be the size of a normal 6 year old to wear a size 6. In other words........huge for their age.

I would never think to get a size 6 for a 2 year old. My daughters are 2 and 4 and wear 2t and 5t, respectively. They live in Orlando, for crying out loud. That Minnie Mouse dress is a dime a dozen near Disney World.

I have to agree that the size 6 Disney dress would not be Caylee's. My daughter had every one of those darn Disney dresses! LOL. She has always been at the top of the growth chart for her age (95th percentile) and there is no way that she would have worn a size 6 at the age of 2 or barely 3. I think they are testing it because they have to be able to rule it out. But IMO, I believe it will come back negative.

Disney has so many different lines of clothes now it is hard to tell sometimes and pj's are the hardest of all, because they are made of different grades of 100% cotton.

That said, the picture of Caylee in the MM dress looks like it was taken before or right around her 1st B-Day. No way, no how is that dress a size 6.

Nancy Grace sitting up there stating Yes! A size 6 is appropriate for a 2 or 3 year old made me wonder who shops for and dresses her kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968