Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the alleged Omaha pedo ring just an 'urban legend'? Or does it supposedly exist but the connections to Johnny Gosch are the 'urban legend'? Sorry I am confused ?? I wasn't aware of JG or the alledged Omaha pedo ring.

I do believe these things happen tho...sadly.

So is the alleged Omaha pedo ring just an 'urban legend'? Or does it supposedly exist but the connections to Johnny Gosch are the 'urban legend'? Sorry I am confused ?? I wasn't aware of JG or the alledged Omaha pedo ring.

I do believe these things happen tho...sadly.

Ditto...I'm going to research this all a little more and see what I can come up with...

Ditto...I'm going to research this all a little more and see what I can come up with...

Thank you! I appreciate you pitching in on research as I have been sleuthing info for the astros. Sleuthing is time consuming and help is embraced. :blowkiss:

It's all cool! It would have come up eventually given the location of this crime. :blowkiss:

I think there is a kernel of truth in all of this but a lot of it is urban legend. I watched a couple segments of the video on the JG website. Nothing I hadn't heard before, but still thought provoking. This all ties into the Franklin Credit Union Scandal- there were some wild rumors around Omaha about 15 years ago on that deal. The guy doing the narration on the video did not impress me as balanced. But you never know.

This is just a curiousty question
If i could ask LE a question right now, i would ask them if anyone collected any life insurance from the death of the housekeeper.
NOT implying a motive, or anything of a kind......but I am just curious, when they checked that angle, if anyone had collected the life insurance policy if there was one, and how much it was.
Like i said, just curious but not implying anything.

Hi Mr TT! I would like to know the answer to that question. That answer would at least give us something to sleuth and provide a direction for us or allow us to rule out possibilities. Such little info is very frustrating!

Bern, IMO, Noreen is desperate to believe that Johhny is alive and the alternative is just too painful to accept. She has been the victim of incredibly cruel people. There is much out there on the net and on WS about this. In recent years, Noreen has taken to lifting photos and info from other missing kid cases and incorporating it into her son's case. I hate for any other case, including this one, to get drawn into the Gosch drama as it could only be a distraction and diservice. JMO, IMO, etc.etc.

The below linked Wiki article is the Gosch case in a nutshell. What I snipped is the crux of the pedo ring claim. Note that a grand jury refused to hand down charges against the supposed leader, calling it a hoax. The two making the claims were charged and convicted of perjury. Then the person behind the claims won a one million dollar judgement by default only, because the defendant did not show up to fight it, because he was in jail for financial crimes at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Gosch

In 1990, a grand jury declined to charge King, finding the allegations to be "a carefully crafted hoax". Alleged victims Paul Bonacci and Alisha Owen were convicted of perjury and jailed. Nonetheless, King was sued by Bonacci in 1999 and, because King did not respond to or defend himself against the charges, King was ordered to pay Bonacci $1 million in a default judgment. The judge's decision reads, "The now uncontradicted evidence is that the plaintiff has suffered much. He has suffered burns, broken fingers, beatings of the head and face and other indignities by the wrongful actions of defendant King".[12] At the time, King was serving a prison sentence for fraud and tax evasion involving the theft of $38 million.

Thank you I did read the article. I have to say this, the detective in Florida did lose the file, but he remembers the letter and the investigation of the three kids, so what can you say? I do know that when a child is taken and used for sex, if he is "broken" they recruit him to lore other kids and to abuse them so it keeps them chained to the pedophile. They are victims and then abusers, so they fear prosecution if they leave. A child that is kept alive and subjected to this daily abuse for years, can not come home and sit across the dinner table with mom if they get out. They are part of a large ring and they are fearful that someone will kill there family or them. There is big money in this market and lots of people are bought off and paid off and get off at trial. Just something to think about.

Thank you I did read the article. I have to say this, the detective in Florida did lose the file, but he remembers the letter and the investigation of the three kids, so what can you say? I do know that when a child is taken and used for sex, if he is "broken" they recruit him to lore other kids and to abuse them so it keeps them chained to the pedophile. They are victims and then abusers, so they fear prosecution if they leave. A child that is kept alive and subjected to this daily abuse for years, can not come home and sit across the dinner table with mom if they get out. They are part of a large ring and they are fearful that someone will kill there family or them. There is big money in this market and lots of people are bought off and paid off and get off at trial. Just something to think about.

Bern, Thank you for sharing your firsthand knowledge of this sensitive subject!:blowkiss:

Awww, there's 4 pics of Tom on the FBI site. He was such a handsome lil fellow. This just makes me sad.

Thanks for the link Mr TT!

One of the most poignant things I have seen in connection with this case was the on line guest book for Tommy's obituary- it was open for comments for I think 60 days. Usually there can be a page or two, his had several. Many were from kids in his class, obviously grief stricken. I recall one kid saying that Tom could always make him laugh. Most commented on what a funny nice kid he was. One said he was very kind, never made fun of others, etc. Teachers commented on how bright and again, funny, he was. One of his aunts commented to the family that 'You now have a little angel in heaven to look over you."
Some of the newcomers to this thread may have missed a link I had to a small memorial service held on his behalf at the Hunter home in March. His friends took part and read poems, etc.
Most of us live to be far older but I doubt many will have left behind as many good memories as Tommy- Mrs Sherman also left her family with many such memories. God bless them both.

BUMP!

Anybody on this threadmill?

Yeah I still am- just not much happening last couple days.
One thought- isn't it strange, with all the publicity this case got again a few months ago, billboards, etc, nothing apparently broke on it. Wouldnt that suggest that this could be a one person crime- someone living far away from Omaha? Just a thought.

Yes I do think it was one perp who committed the murders but I wonder if the perp had a travelling companion. I keep thinking of Tuba's charts suggesting two perps made the trip. The other could have been keeping watch or played some supporting role.

I'm here too...couldn't find much of anything research-wise. I agree totally that it was probably done by someone who doesn't live in town or perhaps even in the state.

I wonder if LE questioned Tom's teachers. Many times a child's teacher is privvy to details of things that may be going on in a child's life that a parent may not be aware of. I know when my kids went to middle school they met new friends from other schools and suddenly I felt omitted from their personal lives. My son was being bullied by another boy and I had no idea til the Asst Principal called me in for a conference to determine whether to press charges against the child. My son didn't tell me because he didn't want me to come to the school for fear of further bullying. Just a thought!

Mayilda, I would think Tom's teachers would have been some of the first people questioned. His computer may hold lots of clue not privy to us.

I hope so YellowDog...and you are right, that info is something we are not privvy to. Understandably....

My understanding is that the hard drive was pulled on the family's home computer. If they found anything they're aren't saying.
I also wonder how throughly the teachers were vetted. Also his classmates and students who rode the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro