Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take this with a grain of salt....just playing around with possibilities. I've just re-read the forensic astrology study on this case, and formed a possible scenario around them. This is not based on any evidence or fact at all, nor am I at all harboring any suspcion towards anyone in Tom's family. This is just purely speculation based on the forensic astrology readings (which can be eerily accurate, IMO)

Thomas has 2 brothers. One is in graduate school in New York City (connection to schools). Hit was ordered from far away- New York is far away from Omaha. Thomas potentially made a startling discovery. Hmmmm....when I think about doctors + far away + family far away + motivation for crime, my mind jumps to the conclusion of drug involvement and dealing. A connection between the mastermind and Russia was mentioned. There is a section in Brooklyn that has a large Russian population (and perhaps Russian mob population).

Could Thomas's brother(s) been involved in a nefarious activity connected with Creighton that Tom somehow discovered in his research at the hospital (for his project)?

I hate throwing this idea out, because I feel like I'm casually accusing someone of something awful. For some reason, I feel very vulgar for not only playing around with this idea, but actually typing it out. Which I'm not at all- but this is a different path to possibly find out more about.

Is there or could there be a connection? Shouldn't any possible avenue, any possible link be explored?

Interesting theory, SnowAngels. I have heard, in the past, about college students who turn to drug manufacturing/selling after gaining in-depth knowledge about chemistry and such. I don't know, though, about this idea. Worth looking into. Personally, I have a hard time believing a sibling would order a hit on his 11 year old brother just because he found out about his drug dealing or involvement in other nefarious activities. Wouldn't it be easier to just tell him not to say anything? But, like others have said, every possibility should be explored. Especially after you mentioned the large Russian pop. in New York...definitely makes me wonder...

Interesting theory, SnowAngels. I have heard, in the past, about college students who turn to drug manufacturing/selling after gaining in-depth knowledge about chemistry and such. I don't know, though, about this idea. Worth looking into. Personally, I have a hard time believing a sibling would order a hit on his 11 year old brother just because he found out about his drug dealing or involvement in other nefarious activities. Wouldn't it be easier to just tell him not to say anything? But, like others have said, every possibility should be explored. Especially after you mentioned the large Russian pop. in New York...definitely makes me wonder...

That's the thing- it may not necessarily have been the brother who had ordered the hit (and I would definitely like to think not, or that it was something he was completely unaware of happening), but perhaps the actions of "higher ups" involved in the possible nefarious activities. In a drug ring, there are connections, and most likely, in a scenario like this, the brothers could have been "bought in" somehow, especially with their intimate connections to Creighton.

I live in New York City-- and I've been to the area of Brooklyn that has the most dense Russian population. You wouldn't even know you were in the United States anymore.

Btw, I have no idea why my posts are appearing multiple times (?).

That's the thing- it may not necessarily have been the brother who had ordered the hit (and I would definitely like to think not, or that it was something he was completely unaware of happening), but perhaps the actions of "higher ups" involved in the possible nefarious activities. In a drug ring, there are connections, and most likely, in a scenario like this, the brothers could have been "bought in" somehow, especially with their intimate connections to Creighton.

I live in New York City-- and I've been to the area of Brooklyn that has the most dense Russian population. You wouldn't even know you were in the United States anymore.

Btw, I have no idea why my posts are appearing multiple times (?).

What could have happened is that Tom ran across evidence of his siblings' involvement in drug trafficing or some other illicit activity and asked him about it. The sibling passed on to whomever that security had been breached, with no idea that Tom would be hit for this. Possibly they didn't think it was that serious. Now the family is petrified to come forward on anything.
I'm not saying this is what I believe happened for sure but it is one of many possibilities.

Chillling....read the part about the Izmaylovskaya gang. Seems they are known for "murder for hire". Granted it seemst their heyday was in the '80's,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Mafia#Individual_gangs

The entry also mentions Brighton Beach...that's the area I was referring to in Brooklyn. And, let me tell you, there are some NICE high-rise condos along the beach that seem a bit out of place compared to the rest of the area.

Wow. Further reading the article, there is an entry on the presence of Russian mobs in.....video games ! Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne etc....Thomas was playing a video game...someone else had put forth the possibility this was related to a video game, and you know how some players get intensely involved with the player they personify. Very interesting possible connections.

Read this article about how the Russian Mob has infilterated New York and America in general: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/19/n...-not-silence-shines-light-on-russian-mob.html. These people sound hardcore about their illict activities.

I take that back...seems the Izmaylovskaya gang is alive and well.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izmaylovskaya_gang[/ame]

"The gang owns several legitimate fronts to cover its illegal activities, and reportedly also has a presence in cities such as Tel Aviv, Paris, Toronto, Miami, and New York City."

What if Tom, while surfing around on the internet, jokingly made a drug deal with someone and then was unable to produce the drugs when they appeared on his doorstep?

What if Tom, while surfing around on the internet, jokingly made a drug deal with someone and then was unable to produce the drugs when they appeared on his doorstep?

Chilling thought! This could have been something that happened weeks earlier. The Forensic Astrology folks said the plot was hatched a week before. Maybe he was horsing around on line and did not back off after being warned.
He could have represented himself as more than he was.

Chilling thought! This could have been something that happened weeks earlier. The Forensic Astrology folks said the plot was hatched a week before. Maybe he was horsing around on line and did not back off after being warned.
He could have represented himself as more than he was.

Exactly, and they could have appeared on his doorstep as a complete surprise to him. Maybe he was in the dining room eating his sandwich, the doorbell rang and there was the killer demanding he produce the money or the drugs depending on whether he was the seller or the buyer.

The official story as I heard it is that LE checked out the Hunter's home computer and found nothing suspicious. I wonder if they did so with the one he could have used at Creighton on Saturdays when as I understand it, he often visited his father at work? Another possibility is any computer at King Science Center. Otr maybe he was horsing around on a friend's computer- either place could not have been checked out bny LE. Maybe they need to.

I think you guys need some oxygen! :)

(said with affection, tap)

So true, Tapu, so true! Haha.

Snow Angels, I like your theories. Very interesting and a lot to ponder. Interesting thought about Tom maybe saying something and not knowing he was going to be expected to back it up. All very interesting pieces that may or may not fit the puzzle.

If I'm being misguided by the whole "russian" connection, please inform me. I'm not meaning to dream up elaborate scenarios, just thinking creatively. Again, this is based off statements from the forensic astrology reading, so take these theories as you will. It is just an intriguing possible connection- between Creighton and "Russian" interests. Could a drug/development at Creighton which has corrupt Russian interest or connection invested be a connecting factor?

From http://maps.unomaha.edu/Peterson/funda/Sidebar/RussianMafia.html

"Does the Russian Mafia and corruption affect the United States? The answer is a resounding yes. The exporting of products and natural resources is a highly lucrative practice and, therefore, the Russian Mafia and corrupt officials are involved. Direct involvement, whether knowingly or not, commonly occurs when American businessmen and corporations form partnerships with Russian companies. The major corporations, and especially global corporations, in Russia routinely have Russian Mafia ties or corrupt officials within its' ranks. "

hmmm...interesting. Can someone clarify- didn't the idea of a "russian" individual being connected to this originiate in a forensic astrology reading?

I can't say for sure if it was the FA thread or this one. I do recall there was some discussion regarding the russian though. The perp was dark or olive skinned and I do recall discussion of potential racial groups and nationalities.
A connection to Mexico was indicated in the Astro charts. maybe someone with a better memory than I can help me out here.

Hope this helps a little...

wm

Just popping in...hoping I'd find there'd been a break in the case....as I do each time I log in.

Gah, this case is so frustrating.

I've been scouring the internet to see if anything new has popped up on these two murders. Nada! Nothing! This case has just simply been allowed to slip into the background due to lack of press and media coverage. I simply don't understand that.

I don't think the POI was a door to door salesman or other neighbors would have been approached. This guy (if he was the killer) was looking for a specific person at a specific address.

Has anyone from the Omaha area heard anything new????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper