Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not far, I could check with Google Earth but my best guess is about a mile. The Anderson house is on the south side of Dodge street, the main east-west throughfare in Omaha and a few blocks east of the Hunters'. It's a slightly less affluent neighborhood with smaller homes but still nice.
Will try to dig a bit today and post some other articles but I won't find much current as I said it just dropped into oblivion after LE said it was M/S.

I located the dormant thread on thie Anderson case and bumped it so that it is now near the top of this board. There are a couple links there to followup stories. If requested I can paste those into this thread but for now I thought this way would be simpler. We don't know how far this discussion will go.

I plan to go look for and read the other thread later, but just off the top of my head, who made the "nature unknown" call that alerted the police?

YD,
I was looking over Tuba's charts on this case a few days ago and your post brought to mind the chart she cast for 3-7-08. I am respectfully quoting Tuba by my best recollection..

Tuba stated 3-7-08 was a new moon and the 'plan' was hatched around this time. "There was a revolt over how authorities manage affairs and a different arrangement is demanded. New solutions are needed as security is under threat."

"Something was going on at the hospital...a possible rejection."

Then she asks, "Who had an inferiority complex that perceived insult for the final time and took revenge?'

"This date brought career elevation and travel for the moon (Tom). An opportunity was knocked from his grasp. Tom's science award would also have provided the opportunity for him to broadcast a 'startling truth'."

I have a hunch that 'security under threat' at the hospital and Tom's 'startling truth' bears a connection. I believe it could be possible that Tom attended work at times with Dr.W Hunter. Perhaps he was working on a science project in a 'lab setting' at Creighton and observed or learned something he shouldn't have.

Now what kinds of things could an eleven year old learn that would lead to a hired hit being taken out on him? I think the answers lie within the walls of Creighton.

All JMO, as usual.:)

wm

Wow. I have just spent the evening reading this thread from start to finish. Wow. Everyone here has done a great job on theories and sluething. Especially with so little information to go on. I can only hope LE has been lurking and following up on some of the terrific ideas being thrashed out here.
My impression from the beginning of this thread is that the focus of this crime was on the child. Until the last page of this thread I leaned very strongly toward the SO theory and YMCA being the connection. Now I feel the connection to Creighton to be the one we should be pursuing (sp?). the above quote stopped me in my tracks. This brilliant kid stumbled on something big... and very secret.... IMO of course!
This could be the reason LE has to tread so carefully. I am really surprised at how little information about this crime has leaked after so long a time... isn't that remarkable in itself?

Redfish, welcome to the thread and hope to see you here often.
My thinking on this thing swings back and forth all the time. Currently I am leaning toward something involving Creighton and something Tom found out.
One possibility mentioned here recently is that Tom was heavily into fantasy gming and what the astrologers picked up was stuff happening in that netherworld. In other words, Tom's discovery of a great secret could have been when he unlocked something on an online game that had eluded others.
If you have read discussions about the knives you will see that current indications are that the knives were taken from the kitchen. This does not to me suggest that someone posing say as a delivery man came to the door etc. It suggests someone who was admitted to the house by Tom perhaps and who had a discussion with him that extended into the kitchen.
At times I think this case may never be solved. We have to hope and keep trying.

Wow. I have just spent the evening reading this thread from start to finish. Wow. Everyone here has done a great job on theories and sluething. Especially with so little information to go on. I can only hope LE has been lurking and following up on some of the terrific ideas being thrashed out here.
My impression from the beginning of this thread is that the focus of this crime was on the child. Until the last page of this thread I leaned very strongly toward the SO theory and YMCA being the connection. Now I feel the connection to Creighton to be the one we should be pursuing (sp?). the above quote stopped me in my tracks. This brilliant kid stumbled on something big... and very secret.... IMO of course!
This could be the reason LE has to tread so carefully. I am really surprised at how little information about this crime has leaked after so long a time... isn't that remarkable in itself?

Hi Redfish:

I just wish LE would throw us a bone now and then.

Yes it is remarkable redfish and WELCOME! And hello to all! I've had an ear/ respiratory infection the past few weeks and have been out of touch.

Today is the first day that my ears are cleared in 14 days. Wow...I was beginning to feel like I was living in a bubble!

Great to see you all!

wm

Yes it is remarkable redfish and WELCOME! And hello to all! I've had an ear/ respiratory infection the past few weeks and have been out of touch.

Today is the first day that my ears are cleared in 14 days. Wow...I was beginning to feel like I was living in a bubble!

Great to see you all!

wm

Threads are busy, in one day this case went to page two!
Checking in to see if any new developments have been made. Glad to see you're better WM, ear infections are the worst!

Kudos to Snick for keeping this case alive. Aren't we coming up on the two year anniversary?

I sometimes wonder if the answer to this mystery is right in front of us, only we are just not seeing things correctly. I will throw out a suggestion- this is not meant to upset the Hunter family who have been through so much but we need to get all possibilities out there-
Has anyone ever thought that THOMAS may have been involved on some small level with criminal activities? It's easy to envision a scenerio in which he gets involved in selling pills or pot at school or is approached by kids who know his parents are doctors- do you get my point?
King Science center is not in a real good part of town- a lot of kids that go there are living in this atmosphere, I think the school went on lockdown a couple times this past year.
We've been assuming he was such a nice sweet kid and probably he was, but a lot of nice kids get involved in this stuff to get money for clothes or video games. Could he have been trying to get out of this situation and killed to silence what he knew? Big drug dealers wouldn't risk a high profile killing like this for small stakes; an older teen would. Just a thought.

I sometimes wonder if the answer to this mystery is right in front of us, only we are just not seeing things correctly. I will throw out a suggestion- this is not meant to upset the Hunter family who have been through so much but we need to get all possibilities out there-
Has anyone ever thought that THOMAS may have been involved on some small level with criminal activities? It's easy to envision a scenerio in which he gets involved in selling pills or pot at school or is approached by kids who know his parents are doctors- do you get my point?
King Science center is not in a real good part of town- a lot of kids that go there are living in this atmosphere, I think the school went on lockdown a couple times this past year.
We've been assuming he was such a nice sweet kid and probably he was, but a lot of nice kids get involved in this stuff to get money for clothes or video games. Could he have been trying to get out of this situation and killed to silence what he knew? Big drug dealers wouldn't risk a high profile killing like this for small stakes; an older teen would. Just a thought.

I suppose anything's possible. I have a hard time believing an 11 year old would be a drug dealer. But that could just be due to my own pre-conceived notions. It would take a VERY worldly and street-wise kid to do that. Do we think he was that type of child? Everything that came out about him was that he was a sweet, kind kid. Who knows, though. Stranger things have happened.

Kids can become pretty "street smart" today just through watching TV and drug dealers don't just come from the wrong side of the tracks. It happens in the best of families.

I think anything is possible in this case until proven otherwise. Someone wanted one of the people in that house that day dead. The other person just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The question is, which person were they after and why?

I don't want to minimize these murders, but it could have been something as simple as Thomas making fun of someone or someone's child. Look at Columbine.

Snick,

Good point. From what I can tell, Thomas must have been mature for his age and worldly. His dad is a pathologist, his mom a cardiologist. I'm sure he overheard many an interesting story, especially from two docs from Creighton, an institution where the most bizarre things happen all the time.

In addition, he had two older brothers that would likely have "seasoned" him.
And, he traveled overseas several times. This kid was probably smarter and more cultured than I'll ever be................

Snick, I suppose that is possible... unfortunately there are quite a few kids his age mixed up in this sort of thing. But something tells me this is not the case. It would surely be pretty small scale and this murderer seems to be more sophisticated. He brazenly knocked on the door and went inside and murdered not only Thomas but the housekeeper as well. True that he may have expected Thomas to be alone and answer the door himself, but he had the opportunity when faced with the housekeeper to "save it for later". He (the murderer) pressed on. This doesn't seem like something that a fits that scenario... JMO of course.

As the mother of a son much like what Po Boy describes--worldly, sophisticated, well-educated and traveled--and the same age as Thomas at the time, I still just can't see it. I look at Thomas's pictures and I see my Asa there. Maybe if he'd been older, I could buy it a little more. Really, though, a kid that age, in that setting, I can't imagine being involved even inadvertently in anything of the magnitude that would seem to fit this crime. I saw Marathon Man, but that's in the movies. The scenario is just too unlikely.

Speaking of the Marathon Man....perhaps the focus has been "barking up the wrong tree". Meaning, focus for the motivation of the crime tied directly to either the parents or Tom himself.

Maybe someone needs to start doing some research on Tom's brothers and their lives/activities. I don't believe this avenue has been fully explored yet.

Speaking of the Marathon Man....perhaps the focus has been "barking up the wrong tree". Meaning, focus for the motivation of the crime tied directly to either the parents or Tom himself.

Maybe someone needs to start doing some research on Tom's brothers and their lives/activities. I don't believe this avenue has been fully explored yet.

Take this with a grain of salt....just playing around with possibilities. I've just re-read the forensic astrology studies on this case, and formed a possible scenario around them. This is not based on any evidence or fact at all, nor am I at all harboring any suspcion towards anyone in Tom's family. This is just purely speculation based on the forensic astrology readings (which can be eerily accurate, IMO)

Thomas has 2 brothers. One is in graduate school in New York City (connection to schools). Hit was ordered from far away- New York is far away from Omaha. Thomas potentially made a startling discovery. Hmmmm....when I think about doctors + far away + family far away + motivation for crime, my mind jumps to the conclusion of drug involvement and dealing. A connection between the mastermind and Russia was mentioned. There is a section in Brooklyn that has a large Russian population (and perhaps Russian mob population).

Could Thomas's brother(s) been involved in a nefarious activity connected with Creighton that Tom somehow discovered in his research at the hospital (for his project)?

I hate throwing this idea out, because I feel like I'm casually accusing someone of something awful. For some reason, I feel very vulgar for not only playing around with this idea, but actually typing it out. However, as I said, this is a different path to begin to explore.

Take this with a grain of salt....just playing around with possibilities. I've just re-read the forensic astrology study on this case, and formed a possible scenario around them. This is not based on any evidence or fact at all, nor am I at all harboring any suspcion towards anyone in Tom's family. This is just purely speculation based on the forensic astrology readings (which can be eerily accurate, IMO)

Thomas has 2 brothers. One is in graduate school in New York City (connection to schools). Hit was ordered from far away- New York is far away from Omaha. Thomas potentially made a startling discovery. Hmmmm....when I think about doctors + far away + family far away + motivation for crime, my mind jumps to the conclusion of drug involvement and dealing. A connection between the mastermind and Russia was mentioned. There is a section in Brooklyn that has a large Russian population (and perhaps Russian mob population).

Could Thomas's brother(s) been involved in a nefarious activity connected with Creighton that Tom somehow discovered in his research at the hospital (for his project)?

I hate throwing this idea out, because I feel like I'm casually accusing someone of something awful. For some reason, I feel very vulgar for not only playing around with this idea, but actually typing it out. Maybe this is a different path to possibly find out more about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper