Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YD, Our questions to
Tuba on the astro thread and her answers regarding a woman being involved in these murders, along with the gemini influence on the date of the murders is cause for curiosity to the answer to your question. Hmmmmm.........

Perhaps you could present your question to Tuba on the 'Forensic Astrology Case Briefings' thread. I'd be interested to read her response!

YD, Our questions to
Tuba on the astro thread and her answers regarding a woman being involved in these murders, along with the gemini influence on the date of the murders is cause for curiosity to the answer to your question. Hmmmmm.........

Perhaps you could present your question to Tuba on the 'Forensic Astrology Case Briefings' thread. I'd be interested to read her response!

Good idea. I just took your advice and asked Tuba what he/she might think about that.

YD, Our questions to

Maybe this is a question best asked on the Astrology board- but am I understanding correctly that a Gemini influence would suggest a feminine aspect to the crime? I would think if so this would not mean the killer was female but perhaps a woman was the instigator or in on the planning.
Anything is possible but I somehow cannot get my head around a woman doing the actual killing, maybe that's just latent sexism, I don't know.

One thing we do know is that this wasn't a robbery. For that reason, I believe the killer or person responsible is a person of means and position.

Snick, the Gemini influence represents twins, more than one, and or dual personality or double identity maybe?

Do the sketch artists who make these composite drawings ever get back with the witnesses and make a second drawing? Maybe some of their memories might see him differently now.

Good question, YD...I've never heard of it before, but it would make sense...Something as simple as an updated nose or eyebrows could solve the case...

Respectfully brought over from FA Thread

Omaha Double Murders

Yellow Dog, I had not considered a female knifer, not at all. The thing is, the murderer was not the mastermind. It would be extraordinary to seek the assistance of a woman to do such a crime for many reasons which I'm sure you're aware of but astrologically, the Sun can be either a male, or a female with a notable ego. And the fact that the Sun is in Pisces does not change that.

It's amazing to me that a case like the Hunter-Sherman murders haven't received the national media's attention like the recent murder of that unfortunate Yale graduate student. I can only wonder if the outcome of this investigation would be different had the national attention been different.???

It's amazing to me that a case like the Hunter-Sherman murders haven't received the national media's attention like the recent murder of that unfortunate Yale graduate student. I can only wonder if the outcome of this investigation would be different had the national attention been different.???

It is amazing po boy! I guess the difference in national media attention is a result of a crime that occured on campus as opposed to the murders of Tom and Shirlee who were murdered in a private residence. A murder of a student at an Ivy League school makes for sensational journalism, KWIM?

There is one thing of which I feel certain and that is if Annie Le had survived her attack and reported it to campus security, Yale would have attempted to handle it internally in an attempt to keep it quiet. I've found this to be the case in the public school system as well. Universities go to great lengths to avoid scandals, IMO.

wm

Has there ever been any thought about the possibility of the Dr. Anderson /Mrs. Anderson murder/suicide being in any way connected to these two murders? Jealous husband? Did they travel in the same social circles? Just wondering.....

Has there ever been any thought about the possibility of the Dr. Anderson /Mrs. Anderson murder/suicide being in any way connected to these two murders? Jealous husband? Did they travel in the same social circles? Just wondering.....

That possibility has been raised. Some of us here in Omaha feel something was real hinky about the Anderson murders. If anyone is interested I can go back and find the link to that story and repost it. The Andersons lived nearby and were both found murdered almost exactly a year after this killing. LE ruled it a murder/suicide. From what I hear the family disagrees, like this case, it sort of dropped off into nothingness. Nothing at all about the story ever appeared in the news media after the funerals.
Mrs Anderson was a critical care nurse at another hospital, not Creighton U Hospital. Mr A had just been to a gas station filling up for a trip they were making the next day, he drew out a few hundred from an ATM. Doesnt sound to me like he planned to kill his wife and himself.
I think I started a thread about those killings but it never went anyplace.

Snick, I'd be interested in learning more about the Anderson case. Was Mr. Anderson employed at Creighton U. Hospital?

Snick, I'd be interested in learning more about the Anderson case. Was Mr. Anderson employed at Creighton U. Hospital?

Yeah, same here Snick. It might be worth comparing the two cases. Can you post some links?

I had a thread on this case under Crime in the News. Here's a long snip that gives a background, I think the second paragraph and subsequent was originally a copy and paste from the Omaha World Herald:

This case was mentioned in another thread but in passing. That thread is the 'Omaha Double Murder' that is still unsolved from March 2008. About two weeks after the anniversary of that event, an older couple were found dead in their home several blocks away. There are many interesting aspects to this case: the couple's family apparently still do not accept the police version, citing facts that mitigate against this. Here is a cut and paste from the posting on the other thread of the Omaha WOrld Herald news story from 3-29-09:

Omaha police confirmed early Monday morning they were not searching for suspects in a homicide that left two people dead near 50th and Dodge Sunday night. By 8:30 Monday morning no names had been released but officers remained at the scene.

Police surrounded the home where the two bodies were found for nearly two hours Sunday night into early Monday morning. It was initially believed a suspect was barricaded inside, but a search of the premises turned up no one.

Firefighters and police officers were dispatched to 112 South 50th Street, just south of 50th and Dodge, at 10:24 p.m. Sunday for a "nature unknown" call.

SWAT team members with assault rifles soon surrounded the house and Dodge Street was closed in both directions as was 50th Street. Residents were told to stay away from windows.

Officers were seen entering the house just before 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Police say the deceased are a man and a woman. Their names and ages were not disclosed. Police would not say if the two were residents of the house or if they were husband and wife.

Douglas County Assessor records indicate the home is owned by a Robert H. Anderson.

Omaha Police Officer Jacob Bettin referred to the case as "a homicide investigation." Early on, he said it was unclear if the case was a double homicide or a murder-suicide. Police later went on to say they were not looking for a suspect.

Neighbors told Channel 6 News there was some sort of domestic dispute, though police would not confirm that. Neighbors said the couple who lived in the house had been there for about 30 years.

An interested person has requested that I post some details n this story for comment. I will follow up soon with additional links, etc.

One fact I may mention now before documenting. Someone broke into the home the night after and stole the couple's car from the garage. It was found in another area of Omaha later. No one ever arrested for that.

I will get more posted on this tommorrow. The thread on it is still available and interested members may want to start any discussion over there although I guess the point now is to see if these crimes are related so no big deal on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitto120