Opening statements / State vs Jason lynn Young 6-7-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, borndem! Glad to see you're here. I'm just lurking tonight--I didn't watch the OS yet.

Well, it's out there and it's complete with sound now -- oh, the wonders of the electronic age, huh?!

Well, get caught up and jump in the pool with us. The water's fine right now, but it's sure to warm up before it's over.

Justice for Michelle!

Move over, Brad, a new dog may be a'comin' in....
icon6.gif

Are there any "Jason is innocent" folks that have posted in this forum? The interest seems significantly less than the BC trial.

Let me just say that during the OS by Klinkosum, he made mention of Cassidy and Jason's love for her and Jason faked crying... and trust me it was fake... acted as if he was wiping "tears" and squinting his eyes, and hanging his head. Wyn and I saw him do this a couple of times. What an actor! The remainder of the time he was blinking his eyes like a scared chicken!

I like that description of him ... Scared Chicken ... so apropos.

Listening now to the defense opening.. My gut feeling is that he grabbed cigarette butts from somewhere and put them in the house and possibly just found a hair somewhere and put it there too.. sounds outrageous that it could be anyone but him.

BTW who cares if he got sick, he was probably sick realizing how busted he was.

On another note.. this defense attorney is pretty good.. that extra dna could make him walk.

I was thinking the same thing ... anyone that pre-plans wearing a couple of different pair of shoes to stage the scene is also thinking about other evidence to stage the scene like cigarette butts, a stray hair, stealing the money from the hiding spot in his closet and taking some of Michelle's jewelry.

Regarding the butts, I haven't listened to the full defense OS. Were they both found in the garage, or was one in the kitchen?

Are there any "Jason is innocent" folks that have posted in this forum? The interest seems significantly less than the BC trial.

I have believed that he is guilty for quite some time, but I'm open minded. I'd like to hear the evidence and the arguments and see if there's something that we never knew. The cigarette butts are interesting, but I don't think it's enough to counter balance the evidence against him.

I was thinking the same thing ... anyone that pre-plans wearing a couple of different pair of shoes to stage the scene is also thinking about other evidence to stage the scene like cigarette butts, a stray hair, stealing the money from the hiding spot in his closet and taking some of Michelle's jewelry.

Regarding the butts, I haven't listened to the full defense OS. Were they both found in the garage, or was one in the kitchen?

Just like his clothes seen in the video as he snuck out of the hotel are missing. After you see his route home, it's simple to imagine he just dumped them in a dumpster somewhere out of the way. No way they'd fine them now.

The problem for the def on that issue is????? Well, LE confiscated his suitcase as he returned from his alleged business trip, so the CLOTHES should have been there, but they weren't. :confused:

Seems someone got some 'splainin to do. :cool:

No defendent take the stand, then it stays with the jury, as the PROS presented it. :slap:

just sayin'
fran

Just like his clothes seen in the video as he snuck out of the hotel are missing. After you see his route home, it's simple to imagine he just dumped them in a dumpster somewhere out of the way. No way they'd fine them now.

The problem for the def on that issue is????? Well, LE confiscated his suitcase as he returned from his alleged business trip, so the CLOTHES should have been there, but they weren't. :confused:

Seems someone got some 'splainin to do. :cool:

No defendent take the stand, then it stays with the jury, as the PROS presented it. :slap:

just sayin'
fran

Those missing clothes! Jason really went out of his way to cover his tracks but he made so many mistakes.

Finally! I've followed this case off and on for years.

JY - do you feel the train of justice bearing down on you? I HOPE you are feeling an unGodly, horrific, bowel loosening fear - just as Michelle did when she was brutally attacked.

I think it was a bunch of left-handed, Mormon, marauding Hispanics in a white van...
icon10.gif

:floorlaugh:

They do get around, 'eh? The modern day BHS ( bushy-haired strangers ).

Statistically speaking, young wives, mothers, girl-friends appear to be the prey of these marauding bands of hispanic mormons driving from state to state, murdering these young women in their very own homes. And they seem to know the one night their husband will be 'out of town'.

:waitasec:

Other than a period in 2007, when a family friend posted here (finally banned for disrepect to the victim), this forum has been made up of nearly 100% JLY is guilty posters. Probably fewer posts because there is no debate, like Cooper. It is what it is....a man finally being brought to justice to pay for his heinous crimes.

Other than a period in 2007, when a family friend posted here (finally banned for disrepect to the victim), this forum has been made up of nearly 100% JLY is guilty posters. Probably fewer posts because there is no debate, like Cooper. It is what it is....a man finally being brought to justice to pay for his heinous crimes.

I have to admit it's nice to debate, but how nasty it got over there just upset everyone and there was no point. I am still stuck on quite a few of them being defense plants.

I think this one will be more intense though withe the toddler and brutal murder, by the time it goes to deliberation, I may need some anxiety meds!

I came into this trial thinking "if everything I've heard in the news is accurate, it looks like this guy is guilty." But I do my best to stay open to new evidence. I know how one sided the media can be. While I still feel like JY is going to get a guilty verdict, I will admit that some of the things in the defense opening statement surprised me yesterday. I wasn't surprised by the prosecution's opening, it was exactly what I expected (much better than AF's opening in Cooper for what it's worth). I do want to be clear, if JY is responsible for his wife's murder, then I sure hope the prosecution can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't want there to be any faction or question that thinks he got less than a fair trial or the defense was not able to present evidence. If he's guilty, get a conviction, and make it stick.

I came into this trial thinking "if everything I've heard in the news is accurate, it looks like this guy is guilty." But I do my best to stay open to new evidence. I know how one sided the media can be. While I still feel like JY is going to get a guilty verdict, I will admit that some of the things in the defense opening statement surprised me yesterday. I wasn't surprised by the prosecution's opening, it was exactly what I expected (much better than AF's opening in Cooper for what it's worth). I do want to be clear, if JY is responsible for his wife's murder, then I sure hope the prosecution can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't want there to be any faction or question that thinks he got less than a fair trial or the defense was not able to present evidence. If he's guilty, get a conviction, and make it stick.

WW, what surprised you with<modsnip> opening?
I just heard 3 new things

1- a single unmatched hair found by the family on a picture frame after the crime scene was released.
2- 2 cigarette butts, later found by the family...1 in garage and 1 in the doorway from the mudroom. 2 unidentified DNA samples from 2 males.
3- DNA mixture on jewelry box that was a mixture of at least 2....did not match JY or MY.
**What the defense did not say, was the partial profile on the box could not exclude JLY (see 2/08 SW)

----------------------------------------------------

What the defense never said was the DNA from the 2 cig buts, the hair and the jewelry box were not matched with each other.....5 seperate occurances of unknown DNA and none connected to each other?

Are we to believe a whole band of killers arrived, finished their cigs before entering, and brutally murdered Michelle, leaving a single strand of hair behind?
Perhaps we will next hear about a floppy hat and the hair was blonde.:floorlaugh:

WW, what surprised you with Col. Kink's opening?
I just heard 3 new things

1- a single unmatched hair found by the family on a picture frame after the crime scene was released.
2- 2 cigarette butts, later found by the family...1 in garage and 1 in the doorway from the mudroom. 2 unidentified DNA samples from 2 males.
3- DNA mixture on jewelry box that was a mixture of at least 2....did not match JY or MY.
**What the defense did not say, was the partial profile on the box could not exclude JLY (see 2/08 SW)

----------------------------------------------------

What the defense never said was the DNA from the 2 cig buts, the hair and the jewelry box were not matched with each other.....5 seperate occurances of unknown DNA and none connected to each other?

Are we to believe a whole band of killers arrived, finished their cigs before entering, and brutally murdered Michelle, leaving a single strand of hair behind?
Perhaps we will next hear about a floppy hat and the hair was blonde.:floorlaugh:

Yes. Those were the new things that surprised me. I have no idea if they are relevant at all in the grand scheme of things. Heck, the cig butts may very well be discarded in the crime scene by a sloppy novice examiner. Just thought they were interesting, since I'd not heard that before.

Disclaimer: I will be the first to admit I don't know nearly as much about this case as I did about Cooper. So, I may have questions for those of you who have followed it from the beginning! Bear with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990