Opening statements / State vs Jason lynn Young 6-7-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T: Well look at this familiar theme emerging (this time in the C.A. murder trial):

"Jose Baez goes on attack against the prosecution’s experts, accusing them of sloppy work, incompetence and… accusing them of destroying evidence." (upcoming on Jane Valez Mitchell show).

deja vu!

Yeah, poor Michelle had a plan, but so did JLY -- and his trumped hers in a big final way.

Jason's Plan
To Rob his Wife
Of her Life:

Things to take or do --
1. Big garbage bag
2. One pair of new size 10 shoes; one pair of new size 12 shoes
3. Put on new size 12's in car, put on gloves
4. Do the deed in size 12 shoes; change into size 10's and walk around in the blood (he got blisters on his feet, but I don't think this was on his list)
5. Take a shower; put dirty clothes in bag; put size 10's in bag; oops, must also wash CY's little legs and feet; put on size 12's but nothing else; carry a clean, wet towel with you
6. Get clean clothes from the closet, but don't put 'em on yet -- don't fergit the 500 smackers
7. Put CY in bed after giving her a dose of adult cold medicine
8. Go to the garage naked, but in size 12's
9. Put size 12's in bag; put on clean clothes in garage
10. Sit on outside steps, wipe off feet; put towel in bag
11. Get in the getaway-fast car; put on your regular shoes
12. Throw away the bag in some out-of-town dumpster
13. Don't look back
14. Enjoy your new freedom!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's about how I imagine it may have been planned....

So what did Klingy tell us?

1- Jay was a good dad
2- He cried out "my son is dead" when he heard the 'news' of his wife's death.
3- DR Godwin and big sis found some earth shattering evidence - A single hair was found on a frame in the room..."appeared pulled from scalp". A tooth fragment not collected by CCBI....recent retesting (by defense) of the jewelry box found unknown DNA (WCSO said partial match of JLY)....2 cig butts w/ unknown dna (garage and mud room)
4- He was an immature, drunken jerk...but that does not make him a killer.
5- He went outside at midnight to smoke a cigar :)

Nope, as expected, nothing compelling at all from the defense.
The evidence will quickly smother their assertion of innocence.

The nerve!

Can you imagine?

His wife was brutally murdered and LE wanted to talk to him!

Well I never!:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Yep -- yet another tale of lousy, incompetent, insensitive, and unfeeling LEO's.

A friend of mine is a court reporter and she is married to one of the investigators in this case. I have no inside knowledge on this case, btw, and I've not ever discussed it with her, but it's cool that I'll get to see her hub on the stand doing his thing. He works on computer and digital stuff.

'The mob wanted him', is that the same as the 'Cary clique', just different location?

I think it was a bunch of left-handed, Mormon, marauding Hispanics in a white van...
icon10.gif

Wow! That's crazy. On the other hand, Judge Stephens did promise them there would be no long periods of waiting on attorneys!

I thought Howard Cummings was an ADA in this case (albeit taking a backseat role), but did not see him in the feed. Was he not there?

I'm thinking HC, since he is the First Assistant District Attorney, will just be hovering from time to time. The ADA's on the case are known to be quite capable. Becky Holt is already armed for bear. She and Saacks are pretty high in the pecking order on the Sup. Court ADA list... I don't see HC taking an active role unless Willoughby sics him on something... JMO

Ok, here is the deal with the witness list.
After being turned down at the last minute by the clerk, the news14 reporter allowed me to see the 2 1/2 page list of names from her list. I later asked the DA assistant for the official list (order called) and she said nobody had that list, except the court. The list from the media was just potential witnesses, about 1/3 will be subpoenaed (per DA).Quick glance showed many unfamiliar names....did see the name players, as expected.

Listening now to the defense opening.. My gut feeling is that he grabbed cigarette butts from somewhere and put them in the house and possibly just found a hair somewhere and put it there too.. sounds outrageous that it could be anyone but him.

BTW who cares if he got sick, he was probably sick realizing how busted he was.

On another note.. this defense attorney is pretty good.. that extra dna could make him walk.

If you have proof that Kurtz lied in his opening statement (which is what I'm sure you're alluding to), then you should report him to the State Bar with that proof, and I'm sure they'll see to it that he's no longer a practicing attorney.

I wouldn't be so sure, I didn't post anything about Kurtz lying. What I was alluding to however was there was no 3 hours of drivel - only sarcasm (or is that illusion?) toward Kurtz in that post.

Hi to Skittles! :seeya:

I see you're on this board.

From one of The Few
To one of The Few...

(God bless us every one.)

icon12.gif

A friend of mine is a court reporter and she is married to one of the investigators in this case. I have no inside knowledge on this case, btw, and I've not ever discussed it with her, but it's cool that I'll get to see her hub on the stand doing his thing. He works on computer and digital stuff.

That is cool. My brother worked at PE with MY but did not know her well. It does make her story feel more real though. I can't imagine how difficult this will be for her family.

So what did Klingy tell us?

1- Jay was a good dad
2- He cried out "my son is dead" when he heard the 'news' of his wife's death.
3- DR Godwin and big sis found some earth shattering evidence - A single hair was found on a frame in the room..."appeared pulled from scalp". A tooth fragment not collected by CCBI....recent retesting (by defense) of the jewelry box found unknown DNA (WCSO said partial match of JLY)....2 cig butts w/ unknown dna (garage and mud room)
4- He was an immature, drunken jerk...but that does not make him a killer.
5- He went outside at midnight to smoke a cigar :)

Nope, as expected, nothing compelling at all from the defense.
The evidence will quickly smother their assertion of innocence.

They're usually smoked when a baby's born not when you're planning on murdering one!
Sounds like he's been busy these past few years creating a defense.

Hi to Skittles! :seeya:

I see you're on this board.

From one of The Few
To one of The Few...

(God bless us every one.)

icon12.gif

Hey, borndem! Glad to see you're here. I'm just lurking tonight--I didn't watch the OS yet.

Oh, I'm glad they're bringing up the knocked out teeth!

Now they'll remember how brutal the attack was!

fran
Hi Fran, Didn't LE say the attack on Michelle was the most brutal they had ever seen. xox

I feel like together we're on sleek steeds now, headed for absolute Justice for Michelle and her baby boy. Comin' down the home stretch, finally, with our tails flying. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990