Opening statements / State vs Jason lynn Young 6-7-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This judge is no nonsense. Wonder if he'll be seen as 'biased?'

Guess WS will get thrown under the bus again...darn "blogs". :D

I'm suddenly really nervous. We don't know a lot of the evidence, I just freaked out hearing about unknown DNA, and I really do not want this creep to get off!!!! Someone reassure me and pass me a drink!!!

Judge sounds like a grandpa telling a story. Even though I found Gessner to be biased, I was impressed that he sent a personal letter to the jurors a couple of weeks after the trial making sure they were okay with the process and their decision.

BTW,

WS and Facebook came up in the Casey Anthony trial testimony as well! Posting on WS is the new black, fashionistas!

Judge sounds like a grandpa telling a story. Even though I found Gessner to be biased, I was impressed that he sent a personal letter to the jurors a couple of weeks after the trial making sure they were okay with the process and their decision.

Hooray, good to see you from the BC trial. I agree with your comments about Gessner.

I can't believe I just got myself sucked into watching another trial...

Can't wait to hear what Judge Stephens said about H.K. Kurtz was (apparently) a bit of a laughingstock in the courthouse after the antics he pulled. C'mon JTF... fill us in since you heard it live.

Hooray, good to see you from the BC trial. I agree with your comments about Gessner.

I can't believe I just got myself sucked into watching another trial...

I'll be much quieter during this trial unless there are some defense bombshells or the evidence isn't as strong as I thought. I'm completely in the "he's guilty" camp going into this.

BTW,

WS and Facebook came up in the Casey Anthony trial testimony as well! Posting on WS is the new black, fashionistas!

In this case, I am hoping it comes up. Some of the Young family and supporters were, putting it nicely, beyond vile. Hope they get exposed, probably wouldn't shame them but it sure would make me :D

Shuze did you hear the openings or were you still locked up with the other case ?

I missed the OS. :(

Gonna listen when they reboot.

I suck at multi tasking trials, BTW.

:crazy:

I missed the OS. :(

Gonna listen when they reboot.

At least JY's lawyer didn't outright lie in his opening statement, bent the truth a bit but no 3 hours of drivel. Took Geragos' tactic - terrible husband but he aint a murderer :D

At least JY's lawyer didn't outright lie in his opening statement, bent the truth a bit but no 3 hours of drivel. Took Geragos' tactic - terrible husband but he aint a murderer :D

If you have proof that Kurtz lied in his opening statement (which is what I'm sure you're alluding to), then you should report him to the State Bar with that proof, and I'm sure they'll see to it that he's no longer a practicing attorney.

Seems to be the trend, eh?

If you have proof that Kurtz lied in his opening statement (which is what I'm sure you're alluding to), then you should report him to the State Bar with that proof, and I'm sure they'll see to it that he's no longer a practicing attorney.

Something I learned from watching the C.A. trial in which the lead defense attorney has spun quite the fictional tale, is that all attorneys are IMMUNE from legal action and cannot be sued, as a result of what they say in opening statements or during the course of a trial. So yes, even if they get 'creative,' they cannot be sued for it. (and Jose Baez has told some whoppers).

Something I learned from watching the C.A. trial in which the lead defense attorney has spun quite the fictional tale, is that all attorneys are IMMUNE from legal action and cannot be sued, as a result of what they say in opening statements or during the course of a trial. So yes, even if they get 'creative,' they cannot be sued for it. (and Jose Baez has told some whoppers).

Rule 3.3(a)(1) of the North Carolina Rules of Professional Conduct "prohibits a lawyer from knowingly making a false statement of material fact to a tribunal and requires a lawyer to correct any false statement of material fact previously made.

Materiality does not affect the lawyer's duty to refrain from offering false evidence in the future. Rule 3.3(a)(3) provides that a lawyer shall not offer any evidence that the lawyer knows to be false."

http://www.ncbar.com/rules/rules.asp

And yes, they can be disbarred for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members