Oprah to feature Kyron on Thursday 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is that people don't have to consistently point out negative things about Kaine and Desiree, especially when there's a thread that is supposed to be positive. I know they are asking themselves that question everyday, but we don't need to smashed over the head with it. We can't sleuth them, and constantly suggesting they are evil or it's their fault is just not fair to them at all, and I mean for anyone to do that. It's like that old saying, if you can't say something nice...

Oprah is a good thing. They can get Kyron's story out even more. Maybe it will even help get him found in some way. That is what we are talking about, not Kaine and Desiree's regrets.

ITA, I for one sure have my share of regrets as a mother of 4 children. When something happens to one of our kids we do beat ourselves up over it, and can carry an enormous amount of guilt that can be crushing! My firstborn son died at age 23yrs. a long way from home, and to this day i regret not having been more forceful in making him stay close to home, or at least trying to change his mind. I remember saying to him, "you don't have to go, you know", but he had other adventures to pursue. And 5 weeks later he was gone. Most parents i have spoken to whom have lost a child do carry that awful guilt as a parent because we are supposed to protect our children, fact is we can't always protect them. IF ONLY i had of had a crystal ball!

ITA, I for one sure have my share of regrets as a mother of 4 children. When something happens to one of our kids we do beat ourselves up over it, and can carry an enormous amount of guilt that can be crushing! My firstborn son died at age 23yrs. a long way from home, and to this day i regret not having been more forceful in making him stay close to home, or at least trying to change his mind. I remember saying to him, "you don't have to go, you know", but he had other adventures to pursue. And 5 weeks later he was gone. Most parents i have spoken to whom have lost a child do carry that awful guilt as a parent because we are supposed to protect our children, fact is we can't always protect them. IF ONLY i had of had a crystal ball!

I am sorry about your son.

Parents aren't the only ones who carry what-ifs. I still have a lot of regrets about actions and inactions surrounding the death of my sister 29 years ago. It is unavoidable.

I am sorry about your son.

Parents aren't the only ones who carry what-ifs. I still have a lot of regrets about actions and inactions surrounding the death of my sister 29 years ago. It is unavoidable.
Thankyou, and i am sorry to hear of your sadness too. You are right, it is unavoidable. If we all knew the fate of our loved ones, then certainly they would still be with us today.

Oprah, wow! That's a big deal. Kyron's story will reach so many people now.

It is another chance for Desiree and Kaine to feel they are doing all they can. There is no reason not to do it, unless LE advised against it for a specific reason, and I assume they didn't.

I say there are no better ambassadors to share the story of Kyron's disappearance with Oprah & the rest of the world but...his family.

My DVR is set...

Wow, she reaches such a huge audience and if you read the breakdown of the demographics of her viewers, they are a surprisingly varied group! Very wise decision to appear, and good for Oprah for seeking this story out and giving it the wide distribution it will have. I would love to hear that someone contributed something meaningful to the investigation because of the increased publicity from her show. Living on the east coast I've found few people who know there is a missing child named Kyron Horman - hopefully this will increase his face recognition and lead to some new information.

I rarely watch TV, but it's funny I'm visiting my mother whose TV is on a lot of the time, and just after I saw this thread, a documentary came on about Oprah.

She's certainly an amazing person who's accomplished so much after a difficult upbringing.

What I'm actually wondering is would Kaine and Desiree be doing this show if they thought an arrest (of Terri) could be close on the horizon? Or does their appearing on Oprah mean that they have been told by LE that there isn't enough evidence against Terri so they're back to square one...so let's get Kyron back on national TV...in a big way?

Or should no inferences be drawn at all?

How long in advance do appearances on Oprah have to be planned? Does anyone know? Lynnmaree, you seem to have some inside knowledge of this show; what do you think? Or anyone else?

Normally, you go tape the show about 4 weeks or so before it airs but...in this case I think someone who was planned backed out and they filled the segment with K and D....I read somewhere that the poor sweet girl who had the acid thrown on her face was the planned guess but cancelled her appearance.....

I was contacted by the producers about 5 weeks before they wanted me fly out and they stay in contact through out that time to make accomodations for you etc....

Im thinking they flew in Kaine and Desiree and taped their piece to plug in sort of last minute.

Its not unusual though for Oprah to change the plan mid-taping. She really does have creative control over every aspect.

Readers digest version, when I was on, the studio audience was engrossed in the topic and asking many many questions of us during commercial breaks which are also filmed. About mid-show Oprah decided that she needed to dedicate another show to the story so we kept on taping...just like that. The second show aired about two weeks after the first.

I dont want to go off topic so if you want further explanation as to how it all works let me know and I will be happy to tell my experiences with the show. Mods, is it ok to discuss what K and D may experiece to do the show or is it off topic?

I hope so lynmaree. Thank you for sharing your Oprah experience with us. Very interesting.

MOO

wm

Kyron's parents will be flown to Chicago to tape a segment for the air date Thursday 9/16. It will feature Kyron and give national coverage to his story.

As someone with very intimate knowledge of the show and first hand exposure to the process and objective of such episodes, I feel VERY strongly that nothing but good can come from this. Oprah is a very influential person but more importantly she is generous and compassionate and will most certainly aid in getting Kyron's face and situation known to countless numbers of people.

I for one will be sure to set up the DVR and have a box of tissue on hand when I watch.

Thank you to Oprah for always defending the underdog and the helpless victim and to Kaine and Desiree for having the courage and perseverance to make the trip and do the show.

Prayers that this will be the turning point for this beautiful angel!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kyron_hormans_parents_kaine_ho.html

Good, cos my daughter and I were just saying yesterday that it feels like Kyron is slowly being forgotten.....

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that the parents of the young man who was murdered, who I loved so dearly, parents too, have had to deal with the "what ifs." I think the mom is doing better, but I've spent time with the dad on those issues. Bottom line--once they're adults and have left the nest, you can't watch over them 24/7, nor can you over rule their decisions. And that's so darned hard, especially when things go wrong.

Unless Kyron's story is going to be a "bombshell" on Oprah, it is not listed on the schedule for 9/16. Last night when the announcement was made about Kaine and Desiree appearing, I checked http://www.oprah.com/index.html which simply said "stories from the headlines" for that day. Today the schedule lists: The Discovery Channel and Hostages Come Forward.

When I go to Oprah on my guide for 9/16, it also shows the Discovery Channel Hostage story. :waitasec:

It's great they can get the time off to do this show to get information out about Kyron. The irony of what would have happened if either had been able to attend the science fair. :(

I am thrilled that Kyron's parents may get the opportunity to present his story to Oprah's audience.

I see no emotional downside for them in any way.

Because a supposed loving and attentive parent DID attend the Science Fair that day...Terri. So, if Terri is innocent, Kaine and Desiree need not berate themselves. A loving parent was with Kyron and it made no difference, did it?
Why should they assume their specific presence would have protected Kyron from a stranger abduction?

If that is what it is.

Only if Terri is involved in this hideous event, might Desiree or Kaine believe that their presence might have protected Kyron from HER or her "friends." But as is so wisely stated here, Terri might easily just have just chosen another day. There would always be another opportunity for someone who seemed to be a loving parent to fly under the radar and plan harm to an unsuspecting child.

In any tragedy, we can always torment ourselves with "what if's." What if I'd driven on another street, left home 5 minutes earlier or later, locked the door, never answered the phone, told our loved one he couldn't go. But no one can live like that. We would live our lives paralyzed over what average choices to make, how to proceed. We can't wrap our loved ones in cotton. We haven't the power. We really control so little.

I hope Kaine and Desiree have many loving friends who remind them daily that none of us ever know when the smallest thing might plunge us into a nightmare. You let your child do something 100 times...the 101th time, tragedy strikes. Who could know? I hope Kaine and Desiree are surrounded by compassionate people who don't allow them to bear the burdens of "irony" or "what if."

They DID nothing wrong. They love their Kyron dearly. Even if the worst has happened, it's someone ELSE who has caused this. There is no burden of "irony" that should EVER weigh on their hearts. They are suffering enough.

It is another chance for Desiree and Kaine to feel they are doing all they can. There is no reason not to do it, unless LE advised against it for a specific reason, and I assume they didn't.

BBM.

Exactly. Surely they do feel completely helpless, and this will help them feel like they are doing something positive to help get Kyron's face out there. Sure is better than sitting there mulling over their regrets about not taking time off work to go to the science fair...if only....geesh :( reading stuff like that is just disheartening. Of course they are saying "if only". Like Kaine says here:
"It's my job to protect him ... and someone ... got him on my watch."
and that he is:
living with the burden of guilt over having brought Terri into Kyron's life.
Going on Oprah will help get Kyron's face and case out there, and will help Kaine and Desiree feel like they are doing something productive in regards to bringing him home.

great news about Oprah. This will help keep his face in the public eye.

I am thrilled that Kyron's parents may get the opportunity to present his story to Oprah's audience.

I see no emotional downside for them in any way.

Because a supposed loving and attentive parent DID attend the Science Fair that day...Terri. So, if Terri is innocent, Kaine and Desiree need not berate themselves. A loving parent was with Kyron and it made no difference, did it?
Why should they assume their specific presence would have protected Kyron from a stranger abduction?

If that is what it is.

Only if Terri is involved in this hideous event, might Desiree or Kaine believe that their presence might have protected Kyron from HER or her "friends." But as is so wisely stated here, Terri might easily just have just chosen another day. There would always be another opportunity for someone who seemed to be a loving parent to fly under the radar and plan harm to an unsuspecting child.

In any tragedy, we can always torment ourselves with "what if's." What if I'd driven on another street, left home 5 minutes earlier or later, locked the door, never answered the phone, told our loved one he couldn't go. But no one can live like that. We would live our lives paralyzed over what average choices to make, how to proceed. We can't wrap our loved ones in cotton. We haven't the power. We really control so little.

I hope Kaine and Desiree have many loving friends who remind them daily that none of us ever know when the smallest thing might plunge us into a nightmare. You let your child do something 100 times...the 101th time, tragedy strikes. Who could know? I hope Kaine and Desiree are surrounded by compassionate people who don't allow them to bear the burdens of "irony" or "what if."

They DID nothing wrong. They love their Kyron dearly. Even if the worst has happened, it's someone ELSE who has caused this. There is no burden of "irony" that should EVER weigh on their hearts. They are suffering enough.

Perhaps it shouldn't, but they both have indicated it does.

That's fab news. She's been asking tough questions of late :)

And for those Wynonna lovers (and momma Judd) they'll both be on today!

Woo hoo.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members