Oprah to feature Kyron on Thursday 9/16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way you do, Cluciano. I'm wary as well.

Nothing wrong with hoping! At the very least, Kyron's face will undoubtably be shown on TV's across the country- even if only for a moment.

I highly doubt this is going to be all about Terri. KH and DY would not go on a show and just bash her. This is about Kyron. I'm sure Terri will come up, but I don't think it's going to be another trash Terri session. Oprah may ask some hard questions, but she is NOT Jerry Springer!

So I am not worried at all about this. The last thing KH and DY want is make this all about Terri and not Kyron. Kyron should be the main focus here, not Terri, and I can't imagine that KH and DY would want it any other way.

I think Oprah will bring Terri up as she is part of the circumstances of when and where he went missing. Interviewers always describe those aspects; (the old) who, what, where, where... How much she is discussed will depend on how long the segment is IMO. Do we know that yet?

Let's hope that Oprah focuses on Kyron being missing and not on Terri as suspect. She does tend to go for the most sensational aspect, as does any television host, so I am hoping for the best, but as a non-fan of her show and others like it..I will be a little wary.

We all know people who like to control the show, our thinking, and our words, but it would be a rare event that would happen on Oprah's show. Oprah doesn't bash and she doesn't let her guests control her (not usually). moo mho

My guess is that Kaine and Desiree are most appreciative of the air time being given to them and the vast audience it will reach. One of my biggest wishes is that this appearance will help bring justice to Kyron. moo mho

Let's hope that Oprah focuses on Kyron being missing and not on Terri as suspect. She does tend to go for the most sensational aspect, as does any television host, so I am hoping for the best, but as a non-fan of her show and others like it..I will be a little wary.

But naturally, once you talk about a missing little boy on the Oprah show, the logical next question is "why is he missing?", and Terri being the (as yet unnamed, de facto, whatever you want to call it) suspect is going to come up, and WHY she is that suspect is going to be talked about. I personally wish they would leave out the MFH and the divorce and more personal details, let the viewers dig deeper if they so wish, and just make it about getting Kyron's face and basic story out there.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. It is difficult to see how the subject of Terri being thought of as the main and only suspect by the parents can be avoided...whether we like it or not, that is partly why the story is as big as it is. I doubt Desiree and Kaine want to talk about her, but it may not be up to them. I wish I was more optimistic about the possible benefits...but I guess my feelings are that he never left Portland.

I hope this Oprah airing brings some additional information. That would be wonderful.

Oveall, Debs, I think that your bringing forward of how the parents might feel, and subsequent discussions, is a good thing. Because, well, we all know that the "what if" type of thing can eat us alive.

I'd like to see Dr. Phil, who's previously done a show on abductions from schools, also host KH & DY. I'm certain he would have empathetic, caring insight about dealing with such tragedies that could help many families.

ThoughtFox, I'm confused about something. You said, in an earlier post "If she is innocent, then why didn't she make sure Kyron was safely back in class? "

I thought that the children weren't going directly to class, but were organized in groups to go look at the science fair? Am I mistaken?

And, I also have a concern about all the parents who didn't make sure their children were "safely back in class"--the parents of those who ride the buses. I rode buses for many, many years, until my senior year when I could finally drive my car (a hand-me-down little Nash Rambler, and yes the horn went beep! beep! beep!) and all of us who rode buses didn't expect to have our parents at the other end, no matter what the activity, to walk us into the classroom.

I just hate to see an entire group of parents, who weren't there to walk their kids into class, called into question. I don't think that any of the parents in my young days, including my own, loved us any the less or failed because we rode the buses--as so many Skyline children do--and didn't have parents walking us into class. JMO, of course.

It's so hard to raise and nuture children. And going along with the school's plans, and allowing your children to walk into class without you, until they sit down or something, doesn't signal anything negative or about bad parenting to me.

I really an looking forward to seeing how Oprah handles this complex situation. And most of all, maybe, just maybe, more publicity will help find Kyron.

I think when Terri said she left Kyron walking in the hallway towards his classroom the children were supposed to go to their classrooms and once there they were to be divided in groups to tour the science fair with chaperons.

Perhaps some people are thinking that Kyron would have needed special adult attention that normally wouldn't be needed for kids his age if he was having miniseizures that caused him to stop and stare and wander confusedly. But maybe it wasn't frequent enough to be a serious safety issue.

I hope Oprah can get some new information for us, if it doesn't jeopardize LE's case.

Okay, so is this show going to be taped on the 16th and aired at a later date? The Discovery Channel hostages are scheduled to be shown on the 16th according to her website.

It might be a short segment on the 9/16 show...aren't they filling the post given up by the woman who had the acid thrown at her?

I hope this Oprah airing brings some additional information. That would be wonderful.

Oveall, Debs, I think that your bringing forward of how the parents might feel, and subsequent discussions, is a good thing. Because, well, we all know that the "what if" type of thing can eat us alive.

I'd like to see Dr. Phil, who's previously done a show on abductions from schools, also host KH & DY. I'm certain he would have empathetic, caring insight about dealing with such tragedies that could help many families.

ThoughtFox, I'm confused about something. You said, in an earlier post "If she is innocent, then why didn't she make sure Kyron was safely back in class? "

I thought that the children weren't going directly to class, but were organized in groups to go look at the science fair? Am I mistaken?

And, I also have a concern about all the parents who didn't make sure their children were "safely back in class"--the parents of those who ride the buses. I rode buses for many, many years, until my senior year when I could finally drive my car (a hand-me-down little Nash Rambler, and yes the horn went beep! beep! beep!) and all of us who rode buses didn't expect to have our parents at the other end, no matter what the activity, to walk us into the classroom.

I just hate to see an entire group of parents, who weren't there to walk their kids into class, called into question. I don't think that any of the parents in my young days, including my own, loved us any the less or failed because we rode the buses--as so many Skyline children do--and didn't have parents walking us into class. JMO, of course.

It's so hard to raise and nuture children. And going along with the school's plans, and allowing your children to walk into class without you, until they sit down or something, doesn't signal anything negative or about bad parenting to me.

I really an looking forward to seeing how Oprah handles this complex situation. And most of all, maybe, just maybe, more publicity will help find Kyron.
Agreed. And I put my concern for those parents right alongside my compassion for the parents who were unable to attend the science fair.

Good topic for Oprah or Dr. Phil: the choices we face as parents, and the devastating guilt we suffer when something goes wrong in spite of our best efforts.

I wonder if she'll work that into the interview with KH and DY.

I believe Oprah will be compassionate.

There is no need for any one to feel guilt unless they were part of a plan to take Kyron away. That includes Terri, if she is innocent. There are many reasons parents may not attend this school event or that. I agree this would be a good topic for Oprah...what, in our society today, makes us judge folks we do not know from afar...when we have, thankfully, never walked a mile in their suffering shoes?

There is no justifiable reason for anyone to put "guilt" into the minds of any innocent individual whether it be Kaine, Desiree, or Terri about the events that day..unless they are withholding information or LE has evidence that will show that they were complicit in this crime.

Hurting a child appalls us because of the child's vulnerability. Hurting the people who most loved that child...who are suffering from the enormity of a crime like this... is also IMO attacking the vulnerable. I do not believe Oprah will do that.

At one point today when I checked oprah.com Thursday's episode was listed as a latest news type show (can't remember the exact wording). Then a short time later it was changed to the Discovery Channell hostages. Could be that the hostages are the big story and Kyron will have a smaller segment or maybe he will get bumped to another episode. Hopefully if he's on the Thursday show the website will be updated overnight to have him listed for Thursday so we all will know.

Praying that this coverage will bring information need to find Kyron!

They just had a commercial on Oprah saying the show would indeed be on Kyron. (Sorry if someone else already posted that)

I think Terri should definitely be discussed because LE has been actively asking the public for information about her (and DeDe). Any chance to shake loose info that LE is seeking should be taken.

I haven't watched Oprah in years. I will check it out if none of our members post the segment before it airs here (which is 4pm). Keeping my fingers crossed that someone
will catch it in the morning and have it up to us by noon. Please, please, pretty please.

I haven't watched Oprah in years. I will check it out if none of our members post the segment before it airs here (which is 4pm). Keeping my fingers crossed that someone
will catch it in the morning and have it up to us by noon. Please, please, pretty please.

I haven't seen it either. Last time was that guy that wrote a book about his horrible childhood and he was back to discuss how come he lied about nearly everything in the book.

Im going to post on the Oprah.com message board to let her staff mods know how interested we all are and our thoughts re the topic.

Im hoping if enough of us do it she will lengthen the segment and give more air time to Kyron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila