Oprah to feature Kyron on Thursday 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop now. Get yourselves back on topic here.

Final Warning - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There are a handful of people who insist on being snarky, argumentative, sarcastic, baiting, and more. This group is drawing almost everyone into their snarkiness. So therefore this warning is for every body.

This is going to stop. If it does not, you will be banned. I do not care who you are.

This post lands at random.

Thread closed. Please review the above.

The mods had a choice about this sort of thing. We could start putting posters on Time Out or we could have Tricia explain the problem. We chose Tricia as Plan A. The last thing we want to do is resort to Plan B.

This thread will remain closed so everyone can get a chance to regroup and then we'll open it again. Thank you!

Kyron's parents will be flown to Chicago to tape a segment for the air date Thursday 9/16. It will feature Kyron and give national coverage to his story.

As someone with very intimate knowledge of the show and first hand exposure to the process and objective of such episodes, I feel VERY strongly that nothing but good can come from this. Oprah is a very influential person but more importantly she is generous and compassionate and will most certainly aid in getting Kyron's face and situation known to countless numbers of people.

I for one will be sure to set up the DVR and have a box of tissue on hand when I watch.

Thank you to Oprah for always defending the underdog and the helpless victim and to Kaine and Desiree for having the courage and perseverance to make the trip and do the show.

Prayers that this will be the turning point for this beautiful angel!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kyron_hormans_parents_kaine_ho.html

Back on topic please. :D

Ok..back on point...can someone local to Or. tell me what time Oprah airs in Portland? Here in NY its 4pm est and in Chicago its 3pm.

Since Im ahead in the time zones I will probably get to watch it about 2 Portland time but if someone can watch it live and post a play by play that would be awesome....

Just to be clear, I, hoping my hopes arent too high....it says a "segment" so that could be 8 minutes between commercial breaks

If anyone happens to be a member on Oprah.com it may help to post a note of thanks to her for doing this show and voicing our support of Kyron and family. If she knows there is such national investment she may go longer.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely be tuning in and can't wait to see Kaine and Desiree again. They are such down to earth people and I always look forward to seeing their interviews. Maybe by the grace of God we will have know Kyron's fate before their interview. Oprah is such a wonderful interviewer, I'm sure it will be a great show and definitely worthwhile to continue to keep Kyron's story out there in the public's eye. JMO.

Ok..back on point...can someone local to Or. tell me what time Oprah airs in Portland? Here in NY its 4pm est and in Chicago its 3pm.

Since Im ahead in the time zones I will probably get to watch it about 2 Portland time but if someone can watch it live and post a play by play that would be awesome....

Just to be clear, I, hoping my hopes arent too high....it says a "segment" so that could be 8 minutes between commercial breaks

If anyone happens to be a member on Oprah.com it may help to post a note of thanks to her for doing this show and voicing our support of Kyron and family. If she knows there is such national investment she may go longer.

Oprah comes on here in Portland at 4:00pm Pacific Time (KGW, channel 8)

weird, I just checked the schedule for Thurs. & it said something about kidnapped people & literally two minutes later I went back to it & it says TBA (to be announced)

a search for Kyron Horman brings up nothing ... but I suppose if he is being featured in a segment of a longer show about missing persons, his name might not be searchable?

I rarely watch TV, but it's funny I'm visiting my mother whose TV is on a lot of the time, and just after I saw this thread, a documentary came on about Oprah.

She's certainly an amazing person who's accomplished so much after a difficult upbringing.

What I'm actually wondering is would Kaine and Desiree be doing this show if they thought an arrest (of Terri) could be close on the horizon? Or does their appearing on Oprah mean that they have been told by LE that there isn't enough evidence against Terri so they're back to square one...so let's get Kyron back on national TV...in a big way?

Or should no inferences be drawn at all?

How long in advance do appearances on Oprah have to be planned? Does anyone know? Lynnmaree, you seem to have some inside knowledge of this show; what do you think? Or anyone else?

God 's Blessings on Kyron! God's blessings on Desiree & Kaine! God's blessings on Oprah ,who has done so much for people all over the world. I wish I could be told what I can contribute to any of God's creatures who are suffering. I would love to see senseless cruelty & suffering cease.:twocents:

I guess I don't know what you mean. I can only imagine they would rather not have to do Oprah. It's just going to be one of those moments in life they have, where they say to themselves, and I said to myself, "dangit....if only......" I can't imagine how it must feel to be placed into that spot. :(

I think every parent who loses a child thinks that--no matter how the child left them. Do you feel it is beneficial for them to have those thoughts? Do you think it will bring Kyron back?

weird, I just checked the schedule for Thurs. & it said something about kidnapped people & literally two minutes later I went back to it & it says TBA (to be announced)

a search for Kyron Horman brings up nothing ... but I suppose if he is being featured in a segment of a longer show about missing persons, his name might not be searchable?

Hi LadyL! Many times local network affilliates will air daytime talk shows in different time slots or even the following day after it is originally aired as it is up to the programing and discretion of the local station.

Does anyone know if Oprah is affiliated with a MSM network? Her show is aired on NBC in my local market at 4 pm EST. Is her show aired on all NBC affiliates? TIA.

This is good news! I am glad Kaine and Desiree have another opportunity to keep Kyron's story in the national media. Thank you Oprah for giving them this opportunity! Let's find Kyron!!!!! MOO.

wm

I think every parent who loses a child thinks that--no matter how the child left them. Do you feel it is beneficial for them to have those thoughts? Do you think it will bring Kyron back?

yeah, like if I had just walked by kid all the way into the classroom and handed him over to the teacher in person, I wouldn't be in this terrible mess. I bet TH is kicking herself in the butt daily.

yeah, like if I had just walked by kid all the way into the classroom and handed him over to the teacher in person, I wouldn't be in this terrible mess. I bet TH is kicking herself in the butt daily.

We don't know that TH isn't "kicking herself in the butt daily."

Getting back on topic, I think it is a good thing for KH and DY to go on Oprah. They will possibly have a new audience that hasn't heard about Kyron and will be on the look out for him. IMO, Oprah will have a compassionate interview and if I were KH and DY, I'd do anything and everything that would increase the public's awareness.

We don't know that TH isn't "kicking herself in the butt daily."
Getting back on topic, I think it is a good thing for KH and DY to go on Oprah. They will possibly have a new audience that hasn't heard about Kyron and will be on the look out for him. IMO, Oprah will have a compassionate interview and if I were KH and DY, I'd do anything and everything that would increase the public's awareness.

bbm~

what? I said I bet TH is kicking herself in the butt daily for not taking Kyron right into his classroom.

I would be. If I had taken my kid to school and stopped just short of making sure they were safely in their classroom...then THIS! omg, you can bet I would be reliving this moment daily. If only I had walked him in...it must be hell if she is innocent.

I feel that KH & DY being on Oprah can only be a positive thing in bringing Kyron's plight to a wider audience out there, that may not even have heard about Kyron's case. If anything helps bring Kyron home then it has to be a good thing. Like they say if a child is missing keeping that child's story in the media is something that needs to be done, to keep people aware. It seems DY & KH are doing just that.

With all due respect, I was merely stating an obvious horrible counter-choice that has to weigh heavily upon their hearts. Anything negative is being wrongly and quite hurtfully attached to my words of sadness for their having to do this. Goodness.

FWIW: perhaps I missed something or don't have the same point of reference as some of the other readers here, but I didn't perceive your post as negative or an attack on the parents.

Bold mine.

Actually, Oprah is on at 9AM in Chicago.

bbm~

what? I said I bet TH is kicking herself in the butt daily for not taking Kyron right into his classroom.

I would be. If I had taken my kid to school and stopped just short of making sure they were safely in their classroom...then THIS! omg, you can bet I would be reliving this moment daily. If only I had walked him in...it must be hell if she is innocent.

I apologize and should know better than to read too fast. I agree with you. As a parent, when my adult kids have "issues", I can blame it on something I did when they were kids. Again, sorry for reading too fast.

I rarely watch TV, but it's funny I'm visiting my mother whose TV is on a lot of the time, and just after I saw this thread, a documentary came on about Oprah.

She's certainly an amazing person who's accomplished so much after a difficult upbringing.

What I'm actually wondering is would Kaine and Desiree be doing this show if they thought an arrest (of Terri) could be close on the horizon? Or does their appearing on Oprah mean that they have been told by LE that there isn't enough evidence against Terri so they're back to square one...so let's get Kyron back on national TV...in a big way?

Or should no inferences be drawn at all?

How long in advance do appearances on Oprah have to be planned? Does anyone know? Lynnmaree, you seem to have some inside knowledge of this show; what do you think? Or anyone else?

The Oprah show had contacted Kaine and Desiree back in July. I think their appearance now is just a matter of scheduling and not some other meaning. Oprah's new season just began today. :) Here is the old article dated 7/30/10

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member